Chapter 110 : Shimen Yihshyong
137 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shannchyuan rested his butt on one part of the stone bench. "Besides the passage we came from, there are five other passages here. We don't have enough time to explore all those passages. Which one do you think we should enter?" As he asked, he shone his flashlight again into the halls on each side of the hexagon.

Yihshyong and Jenqyih did not immediately reply. They looked at each other.

"It's up to Dahge." After about five seconds of silence, Jenqyih finally spoke up, while Yihshyong just nodded.

"Then we'll choose the one in the opposite direction from the one we came from earlier," said Shannchyuan.

Dahge must have just randomly guessed. There's no point in asking about the reason behind this guess.

The three of them got up from the bench right away. Walk towards the hallway whose entrance was directly opposite the entrance of the hallway they came from. Just like the previous passage, it was also quite wide. Even though the passage's entrance was only a hole that was one meter wide, the inside was wider, which was about two meters. With the hallway's ceiling height of about three meters, they could even swing without constraint. They could hold their hands up high without worrying about touching the ceiling. In fact, if they wanted to, they could also freely jump around in the hallway. But of course, they didn't do that. At least not that time. Maybe someday, when the situation and conditions they felt were more relaxed.

The passage was very long. Besides winded, the surface's contours of the path fluctuated. Luckily, they weren't carrying heavy things. Almost twenty minutes later, they arrived at the end of the hall. Yihshyong breathed a sigh of relief. But soon, he realized that perhaps something else was waiting for them there. Things that were most likely no less surprising than the things they had already experienced.

The end of the passage was like a dead end. There was nothing on the wall in front of them. Shannchyuan highlighted the walls to the left and right at the end of the passage. There was also nothing there. Shannchyuan then took a few steps back. He highlighted the walls on the right and left, a few meters from the end of the hallway.

On the wall to the right, about two meters from the end of the hallway hung a metal candle holder. Not very high, only about a meter and a half from the surface they were on. There was no candle attached to the candleholder. Shannchyuan shone the candleholder with the flashlight he brought with him. Even though there were no candles there, the candle holder looked quite clean. It seemed that someone had touched it often.

Shannchyuan turned off the flashlight and put it in his trouser pocket. "Please point your flashlights at this chandelier." Having said that, he stretched out his hand. He fumbled for the metal candle holder. After fumbling for about half a minute, he tried to move it. It turned out that Shannchyuan could tilt the candleholder to the left. After he tilted the candle holder about fifteen degrees, suddenly, there was a very subtle rumbling sound. It was more like a hum. The left wall, which was about two meters from the end of the hall, moved to the right. Slowly, the wall kept moving until it stuck to the wall on the right. The left wall was opened.

1