Chapter 119 : Nangong Iren
136 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shannchyuan continued his story. Like Iren, Shinnshiow and Yinqyueh listened to the story in amazement. Iren was sure that all of those present had heard stories about underground passages. But that was the first time they were that close to the things they were talking about.

"Then where does the underground passage end?" Iren was very curious when Shannchyuan's story reached the part where Shannchyuan and Yihshyong saw a bright light at the end of the hallway.

"Guess what? Where does the underground passage lead to?" Yihshyong smiled as he raised his eyebrows. His facial expression was so funny.

"Although I don't know the answer to that question, I think each of us already has an idea about it." Jenqyih nodded with a smile.

"Eh? Uncle Jenqyih doesn't know either?" Yinqyueh looked surprised to hear Jenqyih's words.

"I didn't go through the dog door. Besides, the two of them said nothing when they got back into the passage," Jenqyih said.

"I think I figured it out!" Shinnshiow laughed. He put the rice into his mouth.

"Eh, Shiowge already knows?" Yinqyueh turned to Shinnshiow. Her face was so cute.

"Yes. But that's just an estimate." Shinnshiow chewed the rice in his mouth.

"So, where's the exit?" Yinqyueh's face looked so curious.

"They're still underground, but they can already see a bright light. What kind of place around here is like that?" Shinnshiow's voice was utterly indistinct.

"You swallow the food in your mouth first, then talk." Shannchyuan smiled. "But your guess is not wrong. I think Jenqyih actually guessed it, too. Isn't that right?" Shannchyuan pointed his index finger at Jenqyih.

Jenqyih just smiled. He neither denied nor confirmed.

"Oh!" Iren exclaimed. So we don't have to worry about traveling anymore. We can go anywhere without worrying about someone following us when we leave the house."

"Eh! I still don't know where the passage ends!" Yinqyueh shouted. Her expression looked even funnier.

"Jongharng subway station!" The five middle-aged men said in unison. They all laugh.

"Ow!" Yinqyueh let out a short exclamation. "Yeah, I think that's good news."

"So we can move things to the Shindongchaang warehouse via the underground passage," said Shinnshiow.

"Maybe it's not that easy," Yihshyong said. "There are passages that are so narrow."

"Ah, Shyongge mean, the dog door?" asked Shinnshiow.

Yihshyong nodded.

"Regarding that, I think we should be cautious," said Shannchyuan. "There's something else we should be aware of."

"That's right," said Yihshyong, "there are other people who know about the underground passage as well. So indeed, there are people who may have regularly used the passage before."

"You guys locked the door in our basement, didn't you?" Iren asked.

"Yes. We have even covered it with the cupboard." Jenqyih's face was so serious when he said those words. "So it's the same as before we touched it last night."

"Aren't we going to use the underground hallway?" Yinqyueh asked.

"We will definitely use it. We just have to be very careful," Shannchyuan replied.

"We haven't had time to open the other door yet," Yinqyueh said.

That is true! There is still one door in the dungeon that we haven't even opened.

"I'd love to explore that other door. But I don't think we have time," said Iren.

"Do we have the key?" Jenqyih asked.

"We don't have one. But I think the key is hidden in the same way as the lock on the door we opened," Yihshyong said.

"You're right. Maybe the key is under one of the stone benches over there," Shannchyuan said. "I think that if we have a little time later, we should try to find the key."

"Then? How about next? I think, after that, we still don't have much time. Soon we will have to leave this place." Jenqyih sighed.

Shannchyuan nodded. "I know. After finding the key, we most likely won't have time to go in and explore the passage behind that door. But at least we have to try. Maybe, later, for some reason, we can still stay here a little longer. ."

Does Dahge have other plans that he hasn't told us about?

"Regarding this key matter." Yihshyong opened his mouth. "If we find it, what are we going to do?"

"Of course, we have to return it to the owner of this house," said Shannchyuan.

"I don't feel comfortable with the owner of this house," Yihshyong said.

"It's not a matter of whether we like or dislike that person." Shannchyuan's voice was firm. "Those things don't belong to us. We can't keep them."

"How about we just return it to where we found it?" Shinnshiow proposed. "I think that's better."

That's a brilliant idea. We don't need to lie, let alone take things that don't belong to us.

Shannchyuan looked at his friends. "We'll talk about that later. We have much more pressing matters at the moment."

"Okay. Now let's discuss today's plans. What should we do today?" Shinnshiow leaned forward.

"You and Jenqyih went to the station where you left the duffel bags you brought yesterday. Take those things, and then move them to the Shindongchaang warehouse at Jongharng station."

1