Chapter 122 : Nangong Iren
59 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shinnshiow and Iren did not restore the position of the cupboards as before, covering the hallway door. Apart from the fact that the cupboard looked so heavy, they also thought that it was likely that Yihshyong and Shannchyuan would return home through the passage again. If that's the case, then if they now slide the cupboard to cover the door, they'll have to slide it again later to be able to open the door again.

Iren tapped on the iron step on the hole wall that led to the backyard above. No answer. After waiting for some time, there was also no answer.

Where did Yihge go? Could it be that he fell asleep because he was too tired?

"What now? It seems Yihge is not guarding on the side of the pit!" Shinnshiow started to panic.

"I'm afraid something has happened up there." Iren accidentally said those words. One second later, he regretted it. Shinnshiow looked even more panicked.

"Let's go up now." Shinnshiow reached out his hand to touch the iron bars embedded in the hole's wall. "I'm sure these iron rods are still strong enough to support our weight."

"You or I go up first?".

"Renge goes up first. I'll keep watch downstairs."

Iren went upstairs right away. Actually, a little doubtful. Even though the iron rods looked solid, they didn't know how long they had been stuck in the hole's wall. There might be parts that were not as solid as they seem. But he realized he had to set a good example in front of Shinnshiow. After all, he was older than him. So he shouldn't look scared. Slowly, Iren stepped on the iron rods. Little by little, he finally arrived at the end of the hole. When only a few centimeters left, a hand outstretched from above.

Jenqyih held out his hand. Instinctively, Iren caught the hand promptly. Jenqyih then pulled Iren out of the hole.

"Now it's your turn. Come on up," said Iren from above to Shinnshiow, who was still at the bottom of the hole.

"Your voice is too soft. Maybe he didn't hear," said Jenqyih.

Iren picked up the iron rod on the side of the hole with his flashlight. A signal for Shinnshiow to rise to the surface right away.

"Isn't it necessary to wear a rope?" Jenqyih asked.

"No need. I just rode without a rope. Shinnshiow can do it too."

Iren's words were not wrong at all. Shinnshiow rose faster than Iren.

"What's wrong? Why isn't Yihge standing guard at the edge of the hole?" Shinnshiow immediately asked as soon as he reached the edge of the hole.

Jenqyih looked confused. Clearly visible, he had a hard time answering Shinnshiow's question. Iren frowned. Something wrong must have happened. Without waiting for Jenqyih's answer, Iren walked toward the kitchen door straight away. After entering the house, he carefully checked every room in the house.

The girl is not here!

"Where did Miss Liuchiou go?" Iren felt a little panicked. Shannchyuan rarely got angry. But he could look terrifying when he was angry.

This is terrible!

"Dahge already ordered Miss Liuchiou not to go anywhere." Shinnshiow also panicked.

Jenqyih said nothing. Instantly, he instead walked into the living room. Iren and Shinnshiow followed him without hesitation. It turned out that the television in the living room was still on, even though the volume was very low. Jenqyih directly pointed at the television set. They saw the news of a great calamity.

"Where is this fire news?" Shinnshiow stepped closer to the television.

On the television screen, there was a message about a great fire that had engulfed a luxury housing estate. The show was a live broadcast. Iren could hear the reporter. He said that even though it had been more than three hours since the fire broke out, the fire department still could not tame the blazing fire. Even in some parts, the fire was even bigger.

"There was a big fire in Yuehming. Miss Liuchiou said that the location of the fire was very close to her relative's house. So when she saw this news, she went there directly!"

Iren was shocked to hear Jenqyih's words.

How could a coincidence like this happen?

"Yihge just let her go? She can't go alone. In an emergency like this, Yihge should go with her."

"Right! How will we be accountable to Dahge," said Shinnshiow.

"She didn't go there alone," Jenqyih said.

Iren was even more surprised to hear that. "What does Yihge mean? Who else was here? Was Chioujen home yet?" Iren asked questions in succession.

"You guys sit down first. Let me explain," Jenqyih said. Iren could see that Jenqyih seemed to be trying to calm Shinnshiow and him. Shinnshiow did look panicked. Iren guessed Jenqyih thought he was also panicking. In fact, this assumption was not entirely wrong. Iren did panic, but not as much as Shinnshiow.

1