Chapter 124 : Shimen Yihshyong
136 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After exiting the room filled with piles of goods, Shannchyuan and Yihshyong hurried down the passage. Since they had been through this passage before, they could step without hesitation. In a relatively short time, they reached the part that was a branching passage.

"Would you like to stop by the restroom first?" Shannchyuan stopped walking. "All we have to do is turn sharply to the left."

Yihshyong also stopped walking. "No need. Or maybe you have to go to the toilet now?" He laughed. Shannchyuan did have a habit of urinating when he arrived at a mall or station.

They both continued their journey. The distance from the branching passage to the commercial area on the bottom floor of Jongharng Subway Station was relatively close. In an instant, they were there. As they passed the large gate in front of the Shindongchaang warehouse, they paused for a moment. The arch didn't seem as big as when they first saw it.

"We should have brought some things with us earlier. So when we get here, we can stop by here to deposit things at the warehouse." Yihshyong folded his arms across his chest.

Shannchyuan shook his head. "It's too inconvenient to carry things. Moreover, the passage we walk through is winding. Besides, the contours of the surface go up and down. Carrying a backpack in a passage like that is definitely not a pleasant thing."

"If I'm not mistaken, there are two wheelchairs in our shed. We can use them to transport things in the hallway," said Yihshyong. "Both wheelchairs are foldable types of wheelchairs. So we won't have any trouble bringing the wheelchair back home."

"But it's going to be a bit of a hassle when we get through that dog door."

"We can unload things from the wheelchair. Carefully put things through the dog door. After that, we put things back in the wheelchair when we get out of the room full of scattered things. It's a bit of a hassle, but it's a lot easier than carrying things the usual way."

Shannchyuan nodded. "You're right. Even in one day, we can go back and forth several times. Then, if everything goes well, tomorrow we can start moving things that way."

"If everything goes well?"

"Yes. Now we are facing a problem. If our problem becomes big and complex, I'm afraid we will have to deal with our problem. At that time, we may not have time to move things."

Yihshyong took a deep breath. Shannchyuan's words were quite reasonable. He just hoped that things wouldn't get any worse.

“Is there something you want to say?” Shannchyuan smiled.

“What do you mean?”

“The look on your face is like someone who is hesitating to say something that’s stuck in his mind.”

“Does that really show on my face?”

“It’s not obvious. But since we’ve lived together for a while, I’m used to seeing your attitude.”

“There’s something on my mind. But I’m not sure if it’s important enough for me to say.”

Shannchyuan stopped in his footsteps. “If it’s bothering you so much, you’d better say it now. It’s probably quite important. Even if you haven’t realized it yet.”

“Okay.” Yihshyong also stopped walking. “It’s about the photo of the woman we found in Songfei’s bag.”

“A photo of a woman whose face closely resembles that of a woman who was kidnapped near the Dafeisy Tower?”

Yihshyong nodded. “Yes! It does relate to that matter.”

“Shall we sit there first?” Shannchyuan pointed to a long bench near where they were standing.

Yihshyong and Shannchyuan walked to the bench. The bench was empty so they could sit freely.

“I feel that I’ve also met a girl whose face is very similar to the face of the woman in the photo.” Yihshyong wasted no more time. He said what was on his mind right away.

“But, are you sure that the woman you met is not the woman in the photo?”

Yihshyong nodded. “The woman I met was very young. There is absolutely no way that she is the woman in the photo.”

“Try to explain briefly in chronological order, please.”

Yihshyong took a deep breath. He began to recount an experience that occurred about ten years ago. At that time, Yihshyong had the opportunity to visit an area known as a tourist destination for people who like to explore the wilderness. Most of the area, over ninety percent, still comprised dense forest. There, by chance, he met a team that was looking for people lost in the forest. Yihshyong, who was in the group at the time, simply followed the wishes of most of the people in the group. When they decided to help the rescue team, Yihshyong couldn’t help but nod.

Yihshyong, who had never been in such a dense wilderness before, was separated from their large group. Luckily, he wasn’t alone. Yihshyong lost his way with his two companions. It was still clear in Yihshyong’s memory that they were terrified when they realized they were lost in the wilderness.

About six hours after being separated from the group, Yihshyong and his two friends found some people they were looking for. The rescue team said that twelve people were missing. Yihshyong and his two friends only found four of the twelve. The four of them were all teenage girls who had just graduated from school.

For the next seventy-two hours, Yihshyong and his two friends accompanied the four teenage girls. Such an atmosphere made them all close. After the rescue team found them, Yihshyong and his two friends decided to stop their exploration of the wilderness. The three of them went home first. Their large group had continued their activities according to the schedule they had planned long in advance.

“So, one of the four teenage girls, her face looked a lot like the woman in the photo?” Shannchyuan nodded after Yihshyong finished his story.

Yihshyong nodded vigorously.

“Then why didn’t you say something yesterday when we looked at the photo together? Moreover, then Yinqyueh said that the woman in the photo was the woman who was kidnapped.”

“Yesterday I was still hesitating. I met that girl ten years ago. So, it will take a while for me to remember clearly.”

“After that incident, did you ever communicate with the four girls?”

Yihshyong shook his head. “But I don’t know if my other two friends have tried to contact the girls or not.”

“You are right.” Shannchyuan sighed. “It’s possible that this has absolutely nothing to do with what happened to us. But that doesn’t mean it’s all unrelated.”

“The woman in the photo is definitely not the woman who was kidnapped near the Dafeisy Tower. But it is possible that the girl I met was the kidnapped woman.”

“There is indeed such a possibility.”

“Then? What should I do now?”

“Nothing,” said Shannchyuan. “We’ll see what happens next.”

“Do I need to tell this to the other friends?”

“I don’t think it’s necessary.” Shannchyuan’s tone was relaxed yet firm. “At least, for the time being, we don’t have to add any baseless speculations.”

Yihshyong nodded.

“Now let’s continue our journey.” Shannchyuan got up from the bench. He quickly started walking.

Yihshyong looked left and right. The place was getting crowded. Many people were passing by around them. He instantly stood up and walked after Shannchyuan.

It was morning. The sun out there must have had been shining brightly. Having no time to waste, the two of them left the place. Their goal was to go up to the floor above, where the platform for the Line 21 Train was located. According to their calculations, it was already past the time people left for work, so it was likely that the platform would not be overcrowded with passengers waiting for the train. Coincidentally, just as they stepped onto the platform, a train arrived.

Yihshyong looked around them. He hoped no one was shadowing them.

"I don't think anyone is following us." Shannchyuan smiled. Apparently, he was aware of Yihshyong's concern.

"We still have to be careful."

Those people probably have a lot of experience doing things like this. So, they may be already around here, but I don't notice.

Shannchyuan nodded. "We do have to be vigilant at all times. But don't overdo it. I don't want people to get suspicious when they see us acting like we're being paranoid."

Yihshyong admitted that what Shannchyuan said made sense. However, it was difficult for him to act as if nothing had happened. He got into car number three from the front. Shannchyuan clung tightly behind him.

1