Chapter 149 : Jongharng Chioujen
54 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chioujen took a deep breath as he stared intently at the iron bars. The iron ladder seemed quite sturdy. Dafeisy Tower was relatively new, so Chioujen felt that all parts of the building were still very usable. Everything was still good. There was nothing for him to worry about. After thinking for a while, he ventured up the courage to climb onto the roof of the small building that houses the service lift.

Arriving at the top, he called out to Hannrong. "Come on! You come up here too!"

From above, Chioujen could see Hannrong looking up. He looked at Chioujen with wide eyes. His face was full of doubt.

"It's all right! Come on! There's something you need to see here!"

Chioujen's persuasion worked brilliantly. Hannrong was willing to follow Chioujen. He climbed up through the iron ladder embedded in the building's wall. In an instant, Hannrong was at the top. At that time, Chioujen was in one corner of the back of the building on the roof of the Dafeisy Tower.

"You see this!" Chioujen stood up while pointing at the floor he was standing on. He stepped on an iron plate that seemed to be the lid of a hole. The plate was locked.

Hannrong then crouched down on the iron plate. He tapped it with his knuckle.

"Come on, now let's open this plate!" Chioujen launched those words excitedly.

"I don't have the key to this padlock, Sir!"

"That's in your hands. There are many keys!" Chioujen pointed at the object in Hannrong's hand.

"True Sir! But not the key to this padlock?"

"Do you memorize all those keys in your hand?"

"No, Sir!"

"Then how can you be sure that there isn't a single key in there that can open this lock?"

Hannrong was silent. He seemed at a loss for words to answer.

I don't know if this kid really doesn't know, or he's just pretending!

"Here! Let me try." Chioujen took the string of keys from Hannrong's hand. Then he tried the keys one by one. After more than twenty attempts, there was finally a key that could open the lock.

"Ha ha ha!" Chioujen exclaimed. "Now, let's open this iron plate!"

They were both still young, so without exerting all their strength, they could easily open the lid of the hole. The inside was a booth. Although the top of the building was about four meters from the roof of the building, the cubicle under the hole was not deep. The bottom of the booth was less than two meters from the hole they had just opened. Chioujen immediately jumped inside.

"Be careful, Sir!" Hannrong exclaimed.

"Don't worry Hannrong. I'm used to jumping around like this. You see, I'm okay, right?" Chioujen answered as soon as he landed in the booth.

The light coming in from the hole was enough to make Chioujen observe the booth. It turned out that the length and width of the cubicle were different from the length and width of the building above the service elevators. The size of this cubicle was only about four and a half meters by two and a half meters. So indeed, this booth was a space at the back of the service elevators.

In front of Chioujen was a staircase going down. This was very similar to the emergency stairs in the building. Only the stairs in this cubicle were much smaller. The cubicle part, which was the staircase, covered half of the cubicle. So the back of one service elevator was in the form of stairs, while the back of the other service elevator was an empty place that Chioujen didn't know its function. But what was clear was that the place could function as a place to rest.

"Hannrong! There are stairs going down here. I'll try to go down this ladder."

Hannrong stuck his head in the hole. "Isn't it dangerous, Sir?"

"It's all right! Dafeisy Tower is a new building. It was only built a few years ago, right? Now, can you please find some rope? So that later I can more easily climb out of this hole above!"

"Okay, Sir! I'll be down for a while looking for ropes."

"A little time is okay, too. Maybe it will take me quite a bit of time to explore each floor below," Chioujen said.

"Okay, Sir!"

"You don't have to close the hole. So, let there be light in here."

"Yes, Sir!"

Soon after that, Hannrong disappeared from Chioujen's sight. Chioujen realized he couldn't trust Hannrong one hundred percent. But no one else was there. If not Hannrong, who else should Chioujen turn to for help? After all, the problem of the secret room in this building was not something that should be covered up.

1