Chapter 156 : Jongharng Chioujen
50 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The man fell silent. He seemed to be considering something. After a while, he finally spoke.

“I think you are right. We should have immediately reported to the police when we had the opportunity. Hiding here was an awful choice. But we didn’t know that this place was so close to the subway station. We were both so tired when we entered this building."

Chioujen nodded. What Maachaang said was very reasonable. Fatigue made people unable to think clearly.

“There is another reason, Sir.”

“What reason?”

“At that time, the person who helped us asked us not to report to the police first. He asked for at least a week!”

“So, after a week, you can go to the police?”

“That’s right, Sir!”

“Wouldn’t after a week the criminals had all fled?”

“Look, sir! I’ll explain first. The five of us who ran away were not from the same group. Me, Mr. who was lying weakly on the bed, and a young woman, worked in the same place. While the other two, I don’t know them, Sir. But I know they work in the same field as us.”

“What field do you guys work in?”

“We’re journalist, sir! So we were investigating a case that we would like to make headlines.”

Turns out my guess was right. They are not members of the detective and mystery lover group like Songfei and his friends. Luckily, I wasn’t too quick to jump to conclusions!

“Oh! You guys are reporters!”

“Yes, Sir! We work in a magazine.”

“Then what does that have to do with the matter from last week?”

“There seems to be a special deal between the person who helped us, or the person who asked that person to help us, and the two people who work in the other media.”

“So you mean if you delay reporting to the police, then you’ll get an exclusive story about the case you’re investigating?”

“I think so, Sir!”

“But you didn’t get the deal. So you are free to do different things from those two.”

“My co-workers said we should see what happens in the next few days.”

“Then these few days, how did you two survive?”

“In another room there is canned food, there is also bottled water. We can eat and drink. It’s just that there is no medicine.”

“Canned food? Are they still edible?”

“Yes, Sir! I’ve checked. Nothing has expired. I think the food and drink were brought into this place recently."

“Who brought in the food and drink here?”

“I don’t know, sir. They were already here when we arrived.”

“How about clean water to clean yourself up?”

“If things really have to, we can go up secretly to the ground floor to use the toilet there. It’s very quiet at night. As far as we know, no one lives in the building. But we don’t have to do that because on this floor there is a toilet that is still working. The water is still flowing smoothly.”

The information shocked Chioujen.

“Even though there is no electricity, but the water still flows smoothly?”

“That’s right, Sir! On this floor, the water flow doesn’t depend on the electricity. I think the water pipe in the toilet is connected to the water pipe from the ground floor.”

“You came in here through one room on the B3 floor. Have you ever tried going up the stairs behind the service lift?”

“You mean the small chamber with the sofa?”

“Yes, that’s what I mean.”

“Yes, Sir! I once tried to go up there. But after reaching the top floor, there was no exit, Sir. So I went down again.”

“The door is on the ceiling of the top room. I came in from there,” Chioujen said.

“I’ve also noticed, Sir! But it can’t be opened from the inside.”

“Ah! You’re right. It’s locked from the outside.” Chioujen patted his forehead.

They were both silent. There was silence for a few moments.

“Isn’t it about time you untied this?” Chioujen broke the silence.

“I’m so sorry, Sir!”

That person then approached Chioujen. He shuffled behind Chioujen’s back. He untied Chioujen’s hand quickly.

Chioujen rubbed his wrists together.

“Are there still people outside the building looking for us, Sir?” Ask the person.

“I don’t see people looking like they’re looking for someone. But they could be hiding while watching the front door of this building.”

“What do you think we should do now?”

“Is your coworker still able to walk?”

“I can carry him, Sir!”

“There’s a back road at the back of the building that leads to the station. You can go out that way and get help at the station.”

“Is it far from this building to the station?”

“No. Maybe only about two hundred meters.”

“Okay, Sir. We’ll give it a try.”

“But instead of that, wouldn’t it be better if I called the police and asked them to come here,” Chioujen said.

The man nodded. “I think you’re right. It would be better if we waited here.”

The man stretched out his hand. He returned the flashlight to Chioujen.

After receiving the flashlight, Chioujen then stood up. He stretched the muscles all over his body.

“I’m going upstairs first. Don’t come out yet. When I call the police, I won’t say where you are hiding. I’ll wait until the police actually come here before coming back here to pick you up.”

After he finished saying those words, Chioujen rushed up the stairs. He quickly returned to where he had come from. After arriving on the B4 floor, he entered the chamber behind the service lift. From there, wasting no time, he went straight up to the roof. This time, he rose with gusto. Even though his body felt sore, his heart was thrilled. In no time, much shorter than before, he had arrived at the top floor.

There, he saw a rope ladder running down from a hole in the ceiling. The rope ladder looked brand new. The quality was also very good.

Where did Hannrong get a thing like this? Why didn’t he just use this rope ladder earlier?

Chioujen swiftly grabbed the rope ladder. He rushed upstairs. From outside the hole, someone reached out his hand.

“Thank you.” Chioujen caught the outstretched hand swiftly.

After appearing above the hole, Chioujen instantly stood up. Hannrong was standing right in front of him. He was not alone. There were two men with him.

Ah! Of course! Such an important discovery, Hannrong definitely had to report in a flash!

Both men were wearing jet black suits. Their faces were very serious. One of them then came forward to him.

“Good afternoon Mr. Jongharng. I think we have important things to discuss immediately!”

The person then smiled. That smile looked so strange. Chioujen couldn’t guess what such a smile meant. Still smiling, the person stretched out his right hand in front of Chioujen. Chioujen didn’t know what to do. But automatically, his right hand reached out to accept the person’s outstretched hand.

1