Chapter 176 : Duanmuh Shannchyuan
55 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Barely blinking eyes, they all swarmed around the strange-looking objects.

"How do you install this?" Iren was holding the object that looked like a splitter.

"Yeah. It's easy. Just like a regular splitter," said Tsaehorng. "Now, let's install it first."

"Should we install it now?" Yinqyueh spat out words that sounded so naïve. It made the others tried not to laugh.

Tsaehorng smiled. "We have to try these tools first. We have to know if these tools really work properly." He installed the device deftly. Judging by the movement of his hand, it seemed that the young man had done that before.

"Have you ever installed anything like this?" Iren looked at Tsaehorng while nodding. Maybe he had the same thoughts as Shannchyuan when he saw what the young man was doing.

"Never. But I've plugged splitters a few times. It's the same thing." Tsaehorng picked up the two small boxes that looked like transistor radios.

"What's this thing called?" Jenqyih pointed at the two objects.

"I don't know Uncle!"

"You don't know?" Jenqyih asked.

What's wrong with Jenqyih? Tsaehorng is not a technician. It's natural that he doesn't know.

Tsaehorng smiled. "How about we just call this thing 'Huahshiang'?"

A weird name! But no one objected to the name. Everyone agrees. Maybe we are all weird people.

Tsaehorng plugged earphones into each of those two things. He gave one Huahshiang to Shannchyuan while the other one remained in his hand. Then, he put the earphone in his ears. Shannchyuan followed the example of Tsaehorng just now.

"Just one, Uncle. Not both, Tsaehorng pointed to his left ear. "You also have to listen to the voice that comes out of the phone."

Shannchyuan smiled. He removed the earphone from his right ear. "Like this?"

Tsaehorng smiled broadly. He gave a thumbs up. Then he cupped his palms together. "Now let's try this tool first!"

Tsaehorng pressed a button on the two Huahshiangs. Then he took another pager from his pocket. He opened another message that the pager received.

"I had to call the number listed in this message as a sign that we were ready to try these tools," said Tsaehorng.

"Go ahead," said Shannchyuan.

Tsaehorng grabbed the phone's receiver. He dialed the number listed in the pager message he received.

"Hello!" Tsaehorng greeted after waiting for a few seconds.

"Is Mr. Huahshianq there? Yes, that's right, I mean Huahshianq Yeounan. Has he left? Ah, I just wanted to let you know that his order is ready. Tomorrow morning we will deliver it there. How about it? Five minutes past ten? Tomorrow! Thank you!"

Tsaehorng hung up.

Shannchyuan and his friends looked at Tsaehorng with inquisitive eyes.

"They said in five minutes the experiment will start," said Tsaehorng.

They were all waiting with palpitations.

In a situation like this, five minutes seemed so long!

Exactly five minutes later, the phone rang.

Tsaehorng patted Shannchyuan on the shoulder. "Please answer the call, Uncle!"

Shannchyuan picked up the phone. He heard a firm voice from the other end.

"Good evening. Is this Mr. Duanmuh's house?"

"Yes, you right!"

"May I speak to Mr. Duanmuh Shannchyuan?"

"Yes, I am Duanmuh Shannchyuan," replied Shannchyuan. "What can I do for you, Sir?"

"Look, Sir! Sorry if I disturb you by calling you at night. My name is Tzuooterng Herchyng. I am the director of the library at the Yuehming city council office. Someone named Symaa Dongshyr sent us a CV. This is related to a job vacancy at our library. We have tried to contact the owner of the bookstore where he worked before. However, so far, we have not been able to contact him. Apart from the name of the owner of the bookstore where he worked previously, your name is also on the list of people who we can call. We contact you to check Mr. Symaa Dongshyr's credibility. So we would like to ask you some questions regarding Mr. Symaa Dongshyr's personality and habits."

Symaa Dongshyr was Shannchyuan's ex-co-worker at the used bookstore turned cafe.

"Of course I do, but I have other very important matters right now. How about tomorrow morning?"

1