Chapter 187 : Dongfang Jenqyih
52 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jenqyih was relieved when he heard something from inside the hole. The sound of the iron rod being hit was not loud at all, but was quite audible to the person right next to the hole. Shortly after, Yihshyong emerged from the hole.

"Where are the others?" Jenqyih looked into the hole when he realized Yihshyong had only come home alone.

"Dahge still has other things to do. Iren said Dahge would stop by the drugstore for a while. I don't know what kind of medicine he wanted to buy," Yihshyong answered.

"So, where is Iren now?"

"Of course, he's still in the passage. He's got to stay there. He'll be back with Dahge."

"Then, the things that Dahge brought with him? Where are they now?"

"Here, it's all with me," Yihshyong pointed at the plastic bag containing the things they had taken away earlier.

"What time will they be back? Shouldn't we all be on standby here to await a call from the kidnappers?"

"Don't worry too much. I think they'll be here soon too. Don't worry too much," Yihshyong said.

Shyongge must be trying hard to calm me down. I can't seem to panic.

"Okay! You rest for a while inside. I'll just wait for them here," said Jenqyih.

Yihshyong nodded. In a flash, he went straight into the house. Jenqyih walked to the terrace near the kitchen. He took a chair that was there and carried it towards the hole. He put the chair right next to the spot. After that, he sat there.

"Why didn't I think of something like this yesterday? It's much better than squatting until you're sore at the edge of the hole," Jenqyih muttered to himself.

Jenqyih then waited for Shannchyuan and Iren to return. Unlike what Yihshyong had just said, it turned out that the two friends didn't arrive soon after. For a moment, Jenqyih thought that something terrible had happened to them. But quickly, he pushed aside the lousy image that appeared in his mind. The underground mall was a very crowded place. It was almost impossible for criminals to injure people intentionally in such a crowded place. Although they might also have a little trouble in the underground passages. However, Jenqyih was sure that these would definitely be easy to overcome.

Jenqyih turned towards the kitchen. At first, Jenqyih thought Yihshyong would only come into the house for a moment to drink some water or lie down on the sofa a bit. After that, he would return to the backyard to be together with Jenqyih, awaiting the arrival of Shannchyuan and Iren. But after Jenqyih waited so long, Yihshyong didn't show up. Apparently, his friend really rested at home.

I think he's exhausted. I must not forget that he is older than me.

The old adage that waiting is a very tedious job was not nonsense. It had been proven true. In no time, Jenqyih was dozing off in the chair. He almost fell asleep. Fortunately, a familiar sound emerged from below the hole, namely the sound of metal being hit.

"They've finally arrived! Two minutes from now, if they hadn't arrived, I would have fallen asleep here!" Jenqyih grumbled to herself.

Shannchyuan and Iren emerged from the hole.

"You took too long," Jenqyih said.

"Where's Yihshyong?" Instead of answering Jenqyih's question, Iren asked back.

Jenqyih pointed towards the house. "Maybe he's resting. Or maybe he's asleep inside."

Shannchyuan smiled. "Sorry, I had some business to attend to. The important thing is that we're back now. So now we can both wait for the call from the kidnappers."

After placing the iron plate in its original place to close the hole and returning the large pot to its original position, they entered the house. They found Yihshyong lying on the sofa in the living room.

"It turned out that my guess was right that he fell asleep here," said Jenqyih.

Iren shook Yihshyong's body. "Wake up! Come on, wake up!"

Yihshyong squirmed. He opened his eyes. "What time is it now?"

"It's not ten o'clock yet. But now we have to get ready to receive calls from the kidnappers." Shannchyuan opened his mouth.

"Why are you sleeping here?" Jenqyih asked.

"I didn't sleep. I fell asleep while waiting for Chioujen to come home," Yihshyong replied.

It's just the same!

Jenqyih looked at the clock hanging on the living room wall. "Chioujen said he'd be home at ten. But I don't think he arrived at ten. He could be home at half-past eleven or even twelve."

1