Chapter 196 : Duanmuh Shannchyuan
56 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chioujen recounted that when he appeared on the roof of the building, there were already people waiting for him. Apparently, Hannrong contacted these people.

"Who are they? Police or criminals?" Shannchyuan asked a question impatiently.

"They are members of the Public Security Bureau in this city. So, a kind of special police. Not the same as the police who investigate ordinary criminal cases. So this case is not an ordinary criminal case. Apparently, the Public Security Bureau has been targeting this group of criminals."

"Huh! So Hannrong is a member of the Public Security Bureau? He doesn't look like an undercover cop at all."

"I don't know what Hannrong's actual position in the bureau is? He didn't introduce himself to me as part of the unit. It's possible that he was just an informant. But from Hannrong's interactions with the two people I spoke to, it seemed that Hannrong is not just an ordinary informant. So I can't be sure."

"Then what happened next to the two people who had been hiding in the basement for a few days?"

"The people from the Public Security Bureau have evacuated them. So they're safe now."

"Were the criminals in that incident part of the same group as the people who kidnapped Shinnshiow?"

"I only found out tonight when Beaushu told me earlier that Shinnshiow was kidnapped. So I didn't ask them about it."

Ah! I'm sure they knew about the kidnapping. But they definitely wouldn't tell Chioujen about it. I guess that kind of thing is their official procedure.

"Did you tell them about the people who followed Shinnshiow and Jenqyih?"

"Of course. From the photos in Hannrong's bag, I think the Public Security Bureau had been watching you guys for a long time. But I don't know if they have any suspicions about you or not."

"Did you tell them about what happened to Yinqyueh?"

"I didn't tell them I was hiding in the box and overheard some conversation. So I didn't tell them about the kidnapping. But Beaushu and Miss Liuchiou already told Hannrong all about it. So they must have looked into it."

"Then what about Jenqyih's friend? Did he not appear at Dahfeisy Tower at all?"

"When I told them about Jenqyih's friend and the person in the hat, agents from the Public Security Bureau seemed to recognize them. At first, they didn't want to talk about it. But then, one of them whispered to me that Jenqyih's friend and the man in the hat were members of the Public Security Intelligence Agency. So those people are not the same as them."

"Ah! Of course. Jenqyih's friend isn't from this city. So he's a Public Security Intelligence Agency agent on duty here."

Shannchyuan sighed. The general public didn't know much about those kinds of things. Information about the structure of the security bureau was not widely published. Many security agencies were operating in the same field and place. Something like that sometimes made the handling of a problem overlap. In fact, it was not uncommon for problems to arise. For example, the competition between each of those institutions when carrying out their duties. Shannchyuan was a little worried that the competition between the police, the Public Security Bureau, and the city's branch of the Public Security Intelligence Agency would actually make the settlement of their case not go smoothly.

"Is there anything else Beaushu would like to ask?"

"It's getting late. We'd better get some rest now."

The two of them then inched to one corner of the room. They tapped the iron rods as a sign that they were ready to go up. After reaching the top, they saw Iren, who was standing, nodding.

"You guys are taking too long. I almost fell asleep several times," said Iren.

"Sorry! We had a little chat. I can't believe the time has gone by so fast."

The three of them then closed the hole and put the big pot on it again. Done that, they walked into the house. After washing their faces and hands, they immediately went to their respective rooms. That night Shannchyuan slept so soundly. Chioujen's explanation earlier had lifted some of the weight that had been on his mind. The men burst into Dahfeisy Tower, most likely not to silence Yinqyueh but to recapture their two captives who managed to escape.

1