Chapter 211 : Duanmuh Shannchyuan
72 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They could still hear the screams, shouts, and cursing of people. The sound of people colliding and the sound of objects falling to the floor still dominated the surrounding sounds.

"If we stay here too long, you won't be able to get home on time," said Yinqyueh.

"You don't have to think about that. Let's just focus on our current situation. I'm sure my friends will find a solution to that problem."

They were both silent for a few moments.

"What was Uncle doing?"

"Hah?" Shannchyuan didn't understand the meaning of Yinqyueh's question.

"Other uncles are at the restaurant ordering food. Earlier, if you had the urge to pee, of course, you would go to the restroom. But in fact, Uncle was hanging around here, far from the restroom. So actually, when we collided, Uncle, what were you doing?"

Uh? She's back on that subject!

Shannchyuan was stunned. He didn't know how to explain it without sounding stupid.

"How about I explain it later," said Shannchyuan.

"Okay!" Yinqyueh said.

Just like that? No more questions?

Shannchyuan didn't know whether Yinqyueh was satisfied or not with the answer. She was possibly dissatisfied but didn't want to upset Shannchyuan.

They fell silent again.

"So this is what happened a few days ago," Yinqyueh said after a moment of silence.

"Yes, it seems so," said Shannchyuan.

"So this is the second time Uncle has experienced this. Even in the same place."

"Yes, but the first time I fainted. Before I fainted, I didn't get to see the bright light either. So I didn't have time to go blind."

"Which is better? Fainted or can't see?" Yinqyueh laughed.

Under these circumstances, Yinqyueh could still laugh. Even though it was strange, Shannchyuan actually liked it.

"The problem is, I didn't realize I had passed out. Maybe if I realized then, I would have been able to enjoy it." He laughed too.

"How long do you think this mess will last?"

"I don't know. It could be quick, but it could also take a long time. It depends on many factors. Today's situation is not exactly the same as it was a few days ago. So it's unpredictable."

"My eyes still can't see. How about Uncle's eyes? Has there been a slight change?"

"No. It's still the same as before. It's only been a few minutes. The effects may only start to wear off after fifteen minutes."

"If our eyesight still doesn't recover after fifteen minutes, what then?"

"Maybe the news we saw yesterday on television, we can't believe one hundred percent. I think everyone is different. We can't generalize. Maybe certain people will recover expeditiously, while the effects will last quite a while for others. I don't know which group of people we belong to."

They could still hear the screams and shouts of the panicked people. Based on the voices he heard, Shannchyuan concluded many people must have been injured. Both minor and moderate injuries.

"If they had calmed down, there wouldn't have been any injuries. But apparently, people find it very difficult to understand such a simple thing." Shannchyuan sighed.

"Do you think the other uncles are currently looking for us or not?" Yinqyueh asked.

"They don't know you followed us here," replied Shannchyuan. "Maybe they're confused up there right now. Or maybe they've gone down to the ground floor but have a hard time finding us because we're hiding under the table."

"Are you going out now, Uncle?"

"No! I don't want to risk being pushed, falling, or even trampled by other people! We're just hiding here for a while. Let's just say we're practicing patience."

"Do you believe in destiny?"

"Of course. Why do you ask that?"

"This isn't the first time the two of us have been trapped somewhere. And I have a feeling it won't be the last either."

Yinqyueh's words were exciting. Shannchyuan remembered the first time they met. They had to share a cramped phone box to avoid the rain. Then deliberately trapped in the elevator to escape the pursuit of criminals. And now, hiding under the table so as not to get hurt from being bumped or trampled by the panicking mob.

Maybe this girl is right. After this, I don't know what kind of strange situation we'll be in together!

"Uncle, are you afraid?"

Shannchyuan laughed. "Of course not. Why should I be afraid? Instead, we should enjoy things like this every second. One day, events like these will become unforgettable memories."

"If, one day, we experience more strange events, what if we put those experiences into a book? For example, a memoir."

"Actually, the six of us already had such a plan. After leaving our hometown, we gained a lot of life experiences. We had promised that each of us would write a memoir. Everything we experience will be an integral part of the memoir we will write. Some of us have even started writing them. We don't know when we will publish the memoir. We don't even know whether the memoir will actually be published. If we do have the opportunity to publish the memoir, we don't know whether we will distribute it to the general public or only to close family and friends. But whatever the outcome, we're determined to record everything we've been through."

"Wow! That's amazing." Yinqyueh's voice sounded so cheerful. "But, apart from memoirs about Uncle's life experiences, what if Uncle someday also makes memoirs about the things we went through? I mean, the things we both went through."

Shannchyuan laughed. During the decades of living life, for the first time, there was a girl who asked him to write a book together.

"Alright! I agree. Later, when Shinnshiow returns home safely, we can start writing our story!"

"Hurray!" Yinqyueh cheered after hearing Shannchyuan's answer.

1