Chapter 226 : Nangong Iren
39 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Jenqyih tried to walk out of the entrance. The two policemen stopped Jenqyih from continuing his footsteps. They said they had orders to forbid anyone from approaching the main hall where the explosions of light occurred.

Iren and Jenqyih had no other choice but to return to where they were sitting.

"I'm afraid things are a lot worse downstairs than we thought." Jenqyih looked at Tsaehorng and Chioujen, who looked at them expectantly. He then explained the information they had just heard from the two policemen.

"Did they have anything else to say?" Tsaehorng asked.

"None." Jenqyih answered quickly. "In fact, from the way the policeman answered my question, I had the impression that he was forbidden to go into detail about what had happened in the great hall down there."

“You think that implies that the incident this time was much bigger than the light explosion a few days ago?” Iren looked at Jenqyih.

"I think so." Jenqyih bit his lower lip. "They said the victims were lying in the hall. Isn't that a terrible thing?"

Iren turned his gaze towards Chioujen. Their youngest housemate was silent. But from the facial expressions he showed, Iren could tell that Chioujen was racking his brains. He turned to Iren. Apparently, he realized Iren was watching him.

"Renge, what's wrong?" Chioujen smiled. But that smile looked so forced.

"Nothing. What do you think we should do now?"

"We have to go home as soon as possible," Chioujen replied.

"What about Dahge?" Jenqyih asked in a disapproving tone.

"Since the police forbid us to wander around this building looking for him, it's useless for us to spend time here. So we'd better hurry home. Everything is uncertain. We don’t know if Beaushu was injured in this incident. It's possible that he has been waiting for us in the parking lot for a long time." Chioujen explained the reason.

"Yes. We really have to get home as soon as possible. I'm sure Shyongge is currently restless because he has to be alone when he receives calls from the kidnappers," said Iren.

"He is not alone. There are the driver and Tsaehorng’s assistant," said Jenqyih.

"My assistant is very agile. So he will definitely help Uncle Shimen with all his might," said Tsaehorng.

Chioujen nodded. "But there's something else we really have to do."

"What's that?" Jenqyih leaned forward.

"We have to find out which hospital the victims were taken to. So later at home, we have to negotiate with Shyongge to decide who will focus on trying to free Shiowge from the kidnappers' hands, and who will join in finding out about Beaushu's whereabouts."

"You're right! We do have to share tasks," said Iren.

A policeman, not one of the two cops guarding the entrance, stepped quickly into the diner. He said in a loud voice to all the people who were there. It seemed that it was the turn of the people in the restaurant and the nearby shops to leave the building. Iren approached the policeman to say that their vehicle was parked underground, so they would not exit the building via the ground floor. The policeman said that they divided the group into two. Namely, the group that would leave the building through the main door on the east side of the building's ground floor, and the group that would go to the underground parking lot.

At first, Iren was pessimistic that people could safely leave the building in accordance with the predetermined route. However, in reality, the evacuation effort took place in an orderly manner. Indeed, there were one or two people who tried to violate it, but the police and other visitors were quick enough to prevent it, so those people, like it or not, had to follow the instructions that had been given.

0