Chapter 232 : Nangong Iren
40 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why only the last six months?" Jinqkang asked.

"Because they don't know about me," Chioujen replied. "I moved from here about six months ago. So after that, there were only five people living here. People who don't know that there is a sixth person living here is the one who has been watching over this house and its occupants since six months ago or less than that."

"Your analysis makes sense," said Iren. "We have to start listing everyone we've known for six months or less."

"I also know the uncles here since about six months ago," said Tsaehorng.

"If you were the one behind all this, then you couldn't have sent Jinqkang here," Yihshyong said.

"We can't rule out the possibility," argued Tsaehorng. "I could have sent Jinqkang here to make people unsuspecting of me."

"If you're really the mastermind behind all this, you can't possibly tell us to suspect you or give any clues that lead to you," said Iren.

"What if I'm a crazy psychopath who enjoys torturing their victims? It's possible that I purposely told the Uncles who were here to suspect me. It's part of the torture process that I really enjoy." Tsaehorng looked at them all with sharp eyes.

Iren, Jenqyih, Chioujen, and Yihshyong looked deeply into Tsaehorng's face. The young man's face looked normal.

Could this kid really be crazy? If that's true, maybe in the past six months, his madness has not healed, but has actually gotten worse!

Yihshyong looked at Tsaehorng's face with a look that was no less sharp. "You're saying that we should also suspect you because you chose to be here with us? This is consistent with the theory that criminals who are usually smart and brave will tend to involve themselves in the investigation of their crimes. So it's possible that your hard work to help us is part of your efforts to insert yourself into this investigation."

This is really crazy!

"Okay. Don't worry. We've officially added you to the suspect list." Iren nodded while looking at Tsaehorng. He laughed out loud.

"A good investigator will not rule out the possibility that someone close to them is the mastermind behind a case they're working on." Tsaehorng gave Iren a thumbs up.

"You sound exactly like Songfei. I'm starting to suspect that this is a very sophisticated Songfei game," Jenqyih said.

"Do you suspect our Tsaehorng is conspiring with Songfei to force us into his game?" Iren asked.

"Is that not possible?" Jenqyih asked.

"What about Linqhwu Ueideng? Didn't he lose the thing that Songfei left him?" Iren asked.

"But it's possible that the theft had nothing to do with Songfei's disappearance," Jenqyih said. "Even we don't have any evidence that Linqhwu Ueideng actually lost the wooden box."

"If this was just a pretense, could Songfei be that reckless? This is no joke! The police have also been involved in this case!" Iren tried to argue.

"Why not? How can we be sure that the cops we've seen, heard, and met so far are real cops?" Jenqyih said.

Chioujen smiled. He then said to Yihshyong. "Shyongge, when you gave a statement to the police, did you do it at the police station?"

"Of course not. We were afraid that I was being watched, so the police questioned me inside a building that obviously wasn't a police station."

"Did any of us actually meet the cops working on this case at the police station?" Chioujen looked at his friends.

They all looked at each other.

"But Tsaehorng had contacted police officials directly. So indeed we didn't report to the police station in a normal way," Yihshyong said.

"But if it turns out that Tsaehorng conspires with Songfei to force us to play in this game, then this all makes sense. It could be just a game. The cops are just actors who are paid to pretend to be cops," Chioujen said.

The crazy theory that Jenqyih and Chioujen put forward seemed to make sense, too. Iren scratched the crown of his head, which was actually not itchy.

 

0