Chapter 286 : Shimen Yihshyong
144 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yihshyong took the first sheet and began to read it. The letter comprised nine paragraphs. Six paragraphs contained a summary of the events of Shinnshiow's abduction, while the next three paragraphs were instructions for delivering the ransom items. One thing that differed from before was that the kidnappers stated that the carrier of the ransom items could be accompanied by one person. It was really not reasonable. As far as Yihshyong knows, kidnappers anywhere would only allow one person to deliver goods or ransom. More than one person showing up, it's likely to cause trouble for the kidnappers.

I have never heard of a kidnapper giving a record of a kidnapping incident to the victim's family or friends. Either these kidnappers don't know how to kidnap properly or indeed they are eccentric kidnappers.

Yihshyong smiled to himself as he thought about that. He felt it was ironic. An eccentric kidnapper has kidnapped an eccentric person. Yihshyong thought he and his friends were unique people.

After that, Yihshyong read the second sheet.

"Hah?" Yihshyong shouted.

"What's in it, Shyongge?" Iren asked.

"Exactly what the police thought. This is how we deliver the ransom items in exchange for Shinnshiow."

"Then what do they want us to do?" asked Chioujen.

"They asked us to cooperate in tricking the police," Yihshyong said.

"How to trick the police?" Tsaehorng asked.

"The first sheet is the sheet that we must give to the police. It contains the place and time of handing over the ransom items. The second sheet contains the actual instructions. There they say that we must look for the exact same bag as the one in the photo. Then we move the things from Songfei's bag to the new bag. Then we fill Songfei's bag with other items that are the same in number and weight as the Songfei's things that we have moved. We have to deliver the two bags to the drop-off point."

"They told us to deliver both bags to the same place?" asked Jenqyih.

"It's not like that. So, there are two locations that they will use as a place for the handover of the ransom," said Yihshyong.

Chioujen nodded. "So, at the time of handing over the goods, Songfei's bag will only function as a decoy. The original goods will already be transferred to the new bag."

Yihshyong nodded.

"Are we going to comply with the kidnappers' wishes?" Jinqkang asked.

This kid is so naïve.

Iren laughed. "Of course not. But we have to pretend to be cooperating with the kidnappers. So we're still going to tell the police all this stuff."

"Shyongge, now you better copy the contents of the two letters first," said Chioujen. "So after the police contact us, we can immediately hand over these two letters."

Yihshyong nodded. He rose from his chair to find pen and paper. A moment later, he was back again and began to copy everything that was written on the two letters.

"Are any of you hungry?" Jenqyih suddenly asked such a strange question.

"Of course I'm hungry now," said Iren. He then rose from his chair.

"Where are you going?" Jenqyih asked.

"Of course I want to go to the kitchen to warm up the food this afternoon."

"No need," said Jenqyih. "When I got home, someone was distributing flyers at the bus stop in front of them. The flyer was about the opening of a new restaurant."

"Are they still open at this hour?" Iren asked.

"In the leaflet it is written that specifically during this promotion period, they are open twenty-four hours," said Jenqyih.

"What kind of food do they sell?" Yihshyong asked. Chilly nights like this made him felt hungry again.

Jenqyih reached into his pocket. He took out a folded piece of paper. He unfolded the paper. The paper looked wrinkled. Jenqyih had folded and pocketed the paper carelessly.

"They sell pizza," Jenqyih said.

"Pizza?" Iren asked. "Is there any pizza here?"

"Of course there is," said Chioujen. "Why does Renge think there's no such thing in this city?"

"Because so far I've never seen a place that sells pizza in this city," said Iren.

"Pizza is not popular in this city. But I think someone must be selling it here," said Yihshyong. "Tsaehorng, you're from here. What do you think?"

"It's very rare here, Uncle, but there are some areas in this city that are inhabited by immigrants from certain areas where the residents are familiar with pizza."

"Well, that means there is, right?" Yihshyong said.

"Of course there are. But the number of places selling pizza in this city that I've seen with my own eyes is only eight or nine places," said Tsaehorng.

"So what now? Shall we order pizza?" Jenqyih asked. He seemed impatient.

"How do we order?" Jinqkang asked.

"Of course by phone," answered Iren. "Even if someone tapped our phone, it wouldn't be a problem because we only order pizza."

"What kind of pizza does that place sell?" asked Chioujen.

"There are four kinds here." Jenqyih pointed at the sheet of paper he was holding. "Now is the promo period, so they have reduced the price by fifty percent."

"Only four kinds?" asked Chioujen.

"It's only one sheet of paper. It only says four types of pizza. If we want to see the full menu, I think we should go there," said Jenqyih.

"We'll just order the enormous size of each of the four types. I think that's enough," said Yihshyong.

Jenqyih then moved closer to the telephone to order by phone.

"Tsaehorng, you eat first. After you finish eating, you can go home," said Iren.

Tsaehorng nodded. Looked like he wanted to taste too. Maybe he hadn't eaten pizza in a long time.

0