Chapter 312 : Shimen Yihshyong
131 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Iren nodded. "Why did Dahge keep what he is doing a secret?"

"I don't know what his reason is. But hasn't it always been that since we first met, Dahge has always acted mysteriously like that?"

"Yes! But usually he keeps secrets only for things that are his personal business. Regarding matters that are of our common interest, he always discusses them with us."

"How do you know that what's happening now is none of his personal business?"

"Eh?" Only a short exclamation like that came out of Iren's mouth.

"I also can't confirm if this is really only his personal matter." Yihshyong said. "People often look at the same problem from different perspectives. Maybe what we think is a common problem, Dahge actually thinks that it is his own problem. So, maybe this time he thinks that what he is doing is a private matter."

Iren was still nodding. Even so, his face didn't look like someone agreed with Yihshyong's words.

"There's even another possibility," Yihshyong said.

"Another possibility?"

Yihshyong straightened his back. "Maybe he's trying to protect us instead."

"Protecting us from what?"

"There might be things that if we knew, we could potentially get into trouble. So Dahge decided to take matters into his own hands."

Apparently, Iren's brain is frozen today.

"Is it okay for you if Dahge is hiding something from us?"

"I have no problem with that," Yihshyong replied quickly. "I believe Dahge has his own reasons. Over the past one year, he has always done everything for our common good. As far as I can remember, he never did anything, only for his own personal gain."

Iren looked disapproved. But he didn't make any sound.

Does he remember something I don't?

Yihshyong continued his words. "Now, all we have to do is trust him. This is very important."

Iren nodded, hearing Yihshyong's words. He stroked his chin.

They looked out the window again. The person they assumed was their dahge was still standing across the street.

"So, what do you think Dahge is really doing?" Iren's voice still sounded doubtful.

"Of course Dahge disappeared to investigate something."

"I see what you mean." Iren took a deep breath. "The police don't seem to be serious about investigating Songfei's disappearance. They think Songfei is just hiding out of fear of the gang of criminals. Meanwhile, we think that the criminals have taken Songfei into custody. If he really was just hiding, then it wouldn't be like this. Over the past few days, he should have found a safe way to contact us. If my guess is not wrong, it's highly likely that Dahge is currently tracking down Songfei's whereabouts."

Yihshyong gave a thumbs up. Turned out Iren wasn't poisoned by magic mushrooms or anything else. Maybe, somehow, he was just slow to think.

"But I still don't understand why Dahge had to disappear. He could have investigated the matter without disappearing," said Iren.

"Because Dahge feels he has more freedom in conducting investigations when he is not at home," Yihshyong replied.

"Why so?"

"There's a chance that someone might still be watching our house. So maybe Dahge thought that the best way to avoid being watched by others was to disappear."

"But Jongli Jyhren said that no one is watching our house," said Iren.

"Do you believe that man one hundred percent? Even he himself doesn't completely trust the police."

0