Chapter 690 : Random Scene 83
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Each hostage stood poised at the edge of a table, their figures arranged in an eerie tableau of twelve individuals positioned adjacent to twelve tables. The mob issued a curt instruction, commanding the men to assume positions facing the entrance. In hushed tones, the invaders whispered into the ears of their captives. Akimasa, his mind racing, concluded that this raiding horde was meticulously preparing their hostages as surrogates, pawns in a desperate bid for escape. Apparently, they were devising a plan to slip away unnoticed, leaving behind these unsuspecting individuals to face the wrath of the law enforcement officers.

Akimasa's mind grappled with the intricate scheme unfolding before him. How would these criminals contrive their escape? What accusations would they level against the police? As he pondered these questions, his thoughts drifted back to an earlier conversation, one that had transpired while he was still confined within the kitchen on the ground floor of this restaurant.

The silence that descended upon the room was palpable, its weight pressing down upon the hostages and captors alike. The air crackled with nervous anticipation, each individual acutely aware of the precarious situation in which they found themselves. It seemed as if the entire room held its breath, awaiting Kaneuma's return before making the next move.

0