Chapter 5: First C-Rank Mission
129 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Today will be your first C-Rank mission. The new genin teams will always get their first C-Rank mission from the Hokage himself. Let's go to the hokage building to go get our mission.", says Shikaku-Seinsei.

As we enter the door, we see an old man setting behind a table with many sheets of paper in front of him. It is the 3rd Hokage Hiruzen Sarutobi.

"Your team is ready for their first C-Rank mission Shikaku?" "Yes, Hokage-sama. My team is ready for their first C-Rank mission.", answers our Sensei. "Ok bring Suzukisan in please.", says Hiruzen.

When Hiruzen said that, an older man came in through the door and looks at us and says:" So, this will be the little ninjas which will bring me home?" "Yes, since it is just a simple C-Rank escort mission, this genin team will be more than enough.", answers Hiruzen.

"Team 12 your mission will be to escort Suzuki and his team of 4 people to the Land of Iron and protect his recourses from getting stealed. This mission will be 4 weeks long."

"Yes, Hokage-sama!", we three say at the same time and I am getting exited from leaving the village for the first time. "But Hokage-sama, wouldn't other villages try to steal the goods from us?" I ask him since I really believe that the other villages would like to get the recourses of the Land of Iron.

"Good question Asahi-kun. You don't need to worry about it since the 5 great villages have a peace treaty with the Land of Iron so the other villages would not try to do anything, so only some bandits will try to steal from them. That is also the reason why a genin team is enough for this mission.", he answers me and I nodded understanding what he meant.

"Hello Suzuki-san my name is Shikaku Nara and this is my genin team which will escort you back to the Land of Iron." "Hello, so you are the famous Shikamaru Nara it is a pleasure to meet you and your genin team. I hope we will have a nice trip to the Land of Iron.", answers Suzuki.

"It is a pleasure meeting you too Suzuki-san, one of the must famous blacksmiths of the land of Iron. When do you want to start the mission tomorrow?", he asks Suzuki. "We will start tomorrow at 9am at the gate and will start or ride to the Land of Iron.", he answers our Sensei.

"Now that you know each other and know what your mission is about you can leave and start to prepare everything you need for your first C-Rank mission. I wish you good luck for your first C-Rank mission Team 12.", says the Hokage to us. Thank you Hokage.sama.", we three say together and go out of the hokage building with our Sensei.

"Go back home for today, prepare everything and go sleep early today that you are fit for tomorrow,", says our Sensei to us and we all go our separate ways home.

When I arrived home, I told my mother about meeting the Hokage today and that we got our first C-Rank mission and that I will be away for 4 weeks. What I didn't expect was her reaction. She started to cry about how grown up her little baby was now. I was just happy that I have such a caring mother and will do anything to protect her.

Next morning, I woke up early and picked up my equipment which I will need for the next 4 weeks. My kunai and shuriken bag for on my legs, my sword in on my waist and my backpack with spare kunai and shuriken, if the in in my bags will go empty, sleeping bag and spare clothes.

When I got everything, I need for the next three months ready, I started to go to the gate but not before saying goodbye to my mother.

When I arrived at the gate, I could see Suzuki and his four-man working on the carriage and saw that I was the first one to arrive from my team. "Good morning, Suzuki-san.", I say when I landed beside him. "Good morning to you too…. What was your name again?", he asks me with an embarrassed expression.

"Ahh right, we didn't introduce yourself yesterday. My name is Asahi Hirai, the other boy in my team's name is Sora Nara and the girl is Hina Hyuuga.", I answer him and he says, "Thank you Asahi-kun. As you can see, we just pack everything we need for the journey in our carriage."

As we were talking, the rest of my team came together and my sensei says:" Good morning, Suzuki-san. Are you guys ready to go?" "Yes, we are ready. We just waited till you guys were here. You can all bring you backpack to the front carriage and place it in there. The second carriage is where the resources are and which you will need to protect for the next one and a half month."

When we left the village, I looked back at it and thought about the last 12 years. I first was reborn in a body of a baby in the Naruto world. Then there was the surprise that Minato was my uncle. Then my life in the academy, my training for the last years and the moment where I finally became a ninja.

#Timeskip two weeks#

We are sitting around our campfire and eating our dinner when I started to sense someone coming to us. I look at my Sensei and you looks at me too an I understand that he sensed them too.

I started to pick up my sword and also gave Hina and Sora a sign that their know that someone comes to us at a fast pace. I take the hilt in my hand and start to get in my iaido stance and close my eyes to sense then better. As they are getting closer and closer, I start to put chakra in my sword and my legs.

When they got in my range, I look at my Sensei and he nods at me. I close my eyes ones again and whisper: "Art of Sword Drawing: Quick Cut", I draw my sword and moved to the enemy which was the nearest to us.

The next moment I open my eyes I stand behind my enemy and look behind me. I see the head of the masked ninja fall on the ground and the blood starts to fly out of his neck on my face and it was the first time I realized I just killed a human being.

I thought that I already thought of this world as real but I still thought of it like a game. They are real human beings and not some NPC or random background characters in an anime. This is my new reality and I can die like I just killed him. Will I get reincarnated a second time if I should die again in this world?

As I ran my hand through my hair and over my face and see the blood on my hands, I start to puke my stomach empty. When I got better, I looked up and see my Sensei stand beside me:" The first kill is always the hardest ones. The kills after that will get easier but never forget that you killed a human being and that it is never good to kill without a reason."

I nod at him and ask: "How about the other enemies?" "I and Hina and Sora took care of them. Sora and Hina took care of one together and fought one and I fought the other two. I killed my two opponents and we will interrogate the one who fought against Hina nad Sora. Your sword skills are got better since the last time I saw you using it.", he praises me.

"Thanks Sensei. I just got lucky that he didn't expect me to do this surprise attack, otherwise I don't think I would have killed him. He was a chunin level ninja and I am a high level genin level, maybe low chnnin level.", I say to him and thank him for the praise.

(Yes, of course I showed my sensei some of my sword skills but only as much as a low chunnin level could do. To show nothing about my sword skills and then just show them in a mission would be more suspicious.)

As we walked back to the camp, I can see Hina and Sora guarding an unconscious ninja which is tied on a tree.

"Good that you are back. Do you already know from which village this ninja could be?", asks us Suzuki. "No not right now. We would first need to him interrogate him and then we need to inform the village right away since this is now at least a B-Rank mission."

"Can you even continue this mission now Shikaku-san? I can understand if you don't want to continue this since it will bring danger to your genin squad.", says Suzuki.

"We will see after I interrogate the ninja and see from which village he is. After that I can give you a clear answer but I don't think we need to stop this mission since the Land of Iron is only one week of time away and to go back to the village will need two weeks so it will be better to go to the Land of Iron.", answers Shikaku.

After that we go sleeping and wait for the next morning. Of course, we looked after the enemy ninja and changed from time to time.

When we woke up our Sensei says to us:" You will wait here and I will start to interrogate the enemy ninja. I don't want you guys to see what I am going to do."

After a while we hear a man scream and cry and after two long hours of screams and cries our Sensei got back and says:" This ninja is from the Ninja Village of Sound. It is a new Ninja Village which needs these recourses to make weapons for their ninjas. So, I think that we will not get any more trouble since they don't have so many ninjas at the jonin level and will not sent them here to get the resources. We will most likely only encounter chunin level ninja which will not be a problem for me and my genin team can hold of two mid-chunin-level ninja themselves."

"Ok that is good news. We will store our things and get going right away. We will make only make short stops in the middle of the day to rest the horses and try to finish this rest of the way as fast as possible.", says Suzuki.

"Ok that is the plan. In the night we make shifts of who will guard the camp at night.", says our Sensei to us and we nod to him.

(We will most likely come across some enemies in our way. And the Sound Village, so Oruchimaru needs resources for his new village. In three to four years, he will attack Konoha and will kill the 3rd Hokage. Should I change something or not? Will I even be strong enough till then to change something.)

As I was thinking about the future, Suzuki and his men finished packing everything in the carriage and we start our way to the Land of Iron one's again.

 

Hey Guys, look who is back. I am sorry that I was gone for such a long time but I just didnt have the time and motivation to write something. But now I am back and hope you enjoy this chapter. I wish you all a good day.

4