Chapter 21
353 8 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Something fearsome lurked in the darkness, it was some sort of monster but Matt couldn't pin point what it is, his sense yelled at him, telling him to run, but he couldn't back down, he felt what had happened to that criminal just now, how it's entire body got swallowed up in mere seconds, he felt fear grip his heart with each passing second, but he did not care, if fighting crime is no longer enough, and instead he has to fight this... beast, then he will.

His grip on his weaponed tightened, and with a single foot forward, he walked-

*****************

It had been two days since they let that girl beat that guy up, and since then, they have heard that the guy was appropriately apprehended with the charge of rape, so he wouldn't be bothering anyone anytime soon. Still, ever since meeting Kletus, Jack had decided to work out after his shifts, one hour was more than enough for him to slowly get stronger, due to his high metabolism and all that. After his workout routine though, that is when things get interesting, because every time the clock strikes eleven at midnight, Implant would come out to stop crime, and the symbiote apparently kept its word of not eating anyone, well, until today, Jack would once again have to see the Alien eat another human being, apparently chocolate wasn't enough, so, agreeing to their terms, Jack let Implant take over and take watch over the city.
The two had argued on how many humans Implant is allowed to eat every three days, and, since they technically didn't organize that back then, the pair decided that he can eat how many he wants right as long as they are all criminals, and that didn't sound too bad, seeing that they apparently didn't really find anyone for the past two days, even with Implants nigh perfect way to locate them. It really wouldn't have been too bad-

AH! FOUND ONE!” were Implant's words, already huh? was the only thing Jack could say as he watched the symbiote dive bomb straight into the streets.

- if it weren't for the fact that the symbiote was apparently holding back, and now, with him being allowed to eat, he was able to cover more grounds with ease, he was like an eagle that flew through the concrete jungle known as New York, and that eagle didn't have trouble finding prey, so to say, Implant's already strong senses became even stronger, especially with the reason that he apparently isn't that scared to lose calories, given that he is going to gain much much more. That was something that surprised Jack, he did not know that the symbiote was apparently acting like another living organism! point is, Implant also requires to eat, something that the teen thought that he did whenever Jack himself ate, but apparently not, this organic biomass that acted as Implant's body was also different from Jack's, he simply lived in Jack's body apparently, like a tenant of some sort, the house doesn't really offer anything related to food, so the tenant has to go out and eat.

Or maybe, the symbiote just needed a reason, and this was his best one.

Seeing that he eats the chocolate that Jack eats, and all that fancy stuff.

Implant's senses eventually led the pair to Hell's kitchen, and from there they were able to find a robbery inside a small store, the one that they didn't stop eventually led to Peter's sadness but this one, this one they would for sure stop given that they have the powers for it! Implant was excited, because not only would he be able to stop the robber, but he would also extort the store's owner for something, be it money OR chocolate, either one works out just fine,
With a thud, Implant landed, the ground shook, and that was enough to grab the attention of the people inside the store, good thing too since they immediately thought of looking outside to see what was up, and low and behold, Implant in all his glory, standing below the street light, looking ominous.

From where they were, Implant was able to see the robber panic, and based on his hearing, he was telling the store owner to put the money on the bag, this made the symbiote think of something, and he waited.

He soon left the premises of the store,

When he saw the robber leave the place, that is when he moved, "Money, AND Food," Implant chuckled, he then followed the leaving criminal, and once he was on the darker side of the streets, that is when Implant struck, he went in front of the robber, "Give me the cash that you got from that place," the symbiote demanded, and the man agreed, handing him a bag full of bills with a shaky hand,
And then, with quick movements the man turned around, but as he was about to leave, a tendril shot out, clinging itself to the man's back, and then it pulled his body closer with the force of car, the man was quickly sucked into the maw of the symbiote, said mouth then chomped itself shut, the decapitated body was then pushed deeper into the maw, and it once again bit.

Piece by piece, Implant ate him, blood poured out, dying his green body in red with each bite, and Implant savored each one.

Soon, there was nothing left of the man, and Implant, feeling ever so victorious proceeded inside an abandoned alleyway to count his earnings.

He sat there, counting the cash when a metallic cylinder suddenly hit his head, he turned around, finding a man wearing a red suit standing just outside the darkness, the symbiote did not know what was up but he stood up regardless, he would have his second meal for the night.

11