Chapter 1: The Mandatory Disclaimer
74 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Welcome

How many of you have had a kind and amazing person say the words, “I will pray for you!”?

My immediate reaction: “PLEASE DON'T!” My entire body tenses up and I start looking for signs of impending devastation. I know my "supreme ruler of all things" and he looks for reasons to punt me back into play when I am just out here being the sinner I am. And let me tell you, he has one heck of a sense of humor. 

Hearing this most likely makes you want to pray for me, right? Please stop and continue to read, because I am going to school you about the power of prayer. But first I will clarify some things before you have any more of those silly urges to pray for me without a detailed schematic, a project proposal, and prayer request number 1234b in triplicate, or presidential approval. 

For the sake of argument, I was raised in a Southern Baptist home, family, and church. In the doors of the House of the Lord every Sunday Morning, Sunday Night, and Wednesday Night like clockwork. If we were not at our home church Oak Forest Baptist Church, in Jackson, Mississippi we were at my Aunt Peggy's church Mt. Zion Baptist Church Brookhaven, Mississippi. And for all practical measures I am a Christian. Have been since 1976. I do accept the teachings of Christ as the Savior, and I believe in Salvation through his sacrifice. “The Great Gift”

Now that we have that all cleared up, I want you to stop trying to pray for me, because we have important things to talk about. Trust me, it's all good, I am covered! And if I ever need prayer warriors, I will humbly ask for them to intercede in my behalf. But first I will provide details, graphs, full color charts, evidence labeled in alpha numeric order, and a power point presentation with my request.

Later in this book you will completely understand this point, but it may take us a few dozen paths; 1000 plus chapters, several odd and outrageous stories, a few trees worth of paper, a pack of Band-Aids (for the paper cuts), 25 clicker gel ink pens in different colors (just because that's cool and annoying CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK...), 75 bottles of whiteout, 12 editors, a chatty squirrel, and a fat cat named Fred to get us there. 

Mandatory Disclaimer. 

If you paid attention in the introduction, my conversation with God mentions that I am not the person you would expect to write a book on prayer, or any other Christian topic. If you search for information about me, you will find that I am a sinner. Just like the rest of you and every other person on the face of this planet. I write graphic erotica (dirty mind), I curse (like a sailor), I smoke, I drink (occasionally), I throw parties (for alternative lifestyle events), and in some circles, I am considered to be socially unacceptable. What could I possibly say that you would even want to hear? Why God chose me for this task is beyond my pay grade and security clearance. I was just sitting over there minding my own business, drinking my coffee, having a perfectly delightful conversation with God about the beautiful day we were having and WHAM! "You need to write a book on prayer!" 

Welcome to my world, God is in control, I am just here for the Reese's PeanutButter Cups, the coffee, the conversation, the entertainment, and anything God deems necessary. And if I veer too far off course the "greatest giver of guidance" will kick my ass back into play.

I rely on the generosity of others for support so my content can remain free for anyone who wants to hear this message.

https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=66821818

 

2