Chapter 5: Seeds of Faith
68 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The other day I was driving with my neighbor in the car. Out-loud I asked God for something and suddenly it just happened. Now this very common in my life. But for it to happen with a non-believer sitting right next to me was unusual. His immediate reaction, “that was strange.” Then a few days later, it happened again. This opened up an entire conversation about God.

Does, God always answer you so quickly?”

Yes, most times

But how?”

Well, I have faith and I am open to what he is trying to tell me”

Billy chalked the first answer as a "Glitch in the Matrix", But it's hard to see that twice and not start considering what has just occurred or how. And the seed of faith is planted. 

As mentioned in chapter four, Faith is proof, and our faith can extend to others planting the seed for faith to grow. 

Now I tend to talk to God so much that often I talk out loud. Don't worry, I do self-checks to make sure I am not absolutely off my rocker. I do not answer myself; I just look for God's answers as he sees fit to give them. So, it's all good.

So, I talk to God out loud. And many times, people watch and think I am crazy, until they start seeing the answers themselves. When God lets them see the answer to my incessant jabber, he is planting the seed of faith. Just a small seed can produce a mighty tree, even in the most unfriendly environments. 

This reminds me of the Mustard seed parable. Such a tiny little seed, but once planted it will grow into a mighty tree. 

Luke 13:19 It is like a grain of mustard seed which a man took and put in his own garden. It grew and became a large tree, and the birds of the sky live in its branches.

Like most trees, once they are grown, they spread more seed for the growth of other trees. Faith spreads new seed for others. Billy started praying after those few moments of proof. And then he told his friend Anna about it. So, she rode with me, and she saw the proof. Then when she was at work a woman mentioned she was trying to be a better Christian, and Anna told her to just really talk to God. Then she told her about this book and what she had seen riding around with me. And the woman later in the day started talking to another co-worker about how it makes sense that God just wants us to talk to him.  

We are taught that even the tiniest seed of faith makes all things possible. 

Matthew 17:20 He said to them, “Because of your unbelief. For most certainly I tell you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will tell this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.

Even though the mustard seed is not the tiniest seed on the planet, it is so tiny that it is hard to believe that it will sprout and grow into something so amazing. As a Christian and a gardener, I love watching faith grow from this tiny speck into the most amazing and inspiring proof of God's power and truth. 

We take this little seed, we plant it, through prayer we nurture it, it is warmed by God's light and love, and it grows. As it grows more seeds of faith spread.

Are you nurturing your faith through conversations with God?

Are you seeing God's light and feeling the warmth of his love so your faith can grow?

Are you being fruitful and spreading the seeds of faith to others?

I rely on the generosity of others for support so my content can remain free for anyone who wants to hear this message.

https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=66821818

0