chapter 7. Aging dog?
41 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Alena point of view)

Mergenci high school is one of the best schools in the whole state if not the world. Despite it being in Gotopolis one of the most dangerous places to live in, even without all the supernatural monsters present here (which no one knows about). Parents from all over the world send their children here in hopes that they will have the best education and a bright future. Oh did I forgot to mention that this school is also a school for young monster hunters like me.

Yeah apparently this school was built to help and train the next generation of hunters. Out of the 793 students here 530 of them are either children of hunters family like me or are just starting out as hunters or hoping to become hunters. The rest are just normal civilians who don't know about the extra nighttime classes this school provided.

You see by day this is just your normal everyday high school but at night it is a secret supernatural hunter community where student not only learn how to kill monster but are also give mission to kill said monster. Now you may be wondering why we let normal civilians in a school like that and even try to keep all the supernatural hunting classes a secret from them.

Well the principal may say it was to help train us to blend into society better but we all know the real reason for it. It is for the money, plain and simple really. You see monster hunting is a very dangerous job so you gotta be out of your mind to do that shit for free or a slave and teaching hunters isn't exactly cheap either. You'll be surprised at how much it costs to buy enough guns, ammos, and other just weapons for the whole class. Plus we aren't exactly well known to the government and some of us are out right fugitive too. Which is one of the reasons why this school cost so much just to get in if you're not training to be a hunter.

That is why people like Rebecca have so much influence in this school despite them being civilians and having no idea about the supernatural. Their parents are literally paying for our expenses here. Some of them are aware of us and are choosing to help us out of good will but others well they don't have clue where their money are really going to. But at least the promise of the best education is real so at least their money isn't going to waste.

The amount of monsters we are train to kill are vast and very. But the supernatural creatures that we are most well trained to kill are witches. You see despite witches being some of the few supernatural races that are close to humans, hunter and witches have been at war with each other for who know how long, we been at war for so long that we have forgotten the reason why we have been at war to begin with. So basically if a witch is seen on campus the order of business to kill on sight no matter who they are.

So imagine my surprise when I found out that my best friend who goes to said hunter school and who also happen to be the woman that I love is a witch and not just any witch but a witch that is related to the Sambre coven. Who are some of the most powerful witch covon out there and one that my family happens to be at war with.

So yeah let's just say I was not thrilled to find out that she not only fought an Satom demon but also started using her power all willing nelly right after without even thinking about who could be watching her.

Now thanks to her I am staying up all night hacking into the city surveillance system.

She is so lucky that my family are also in charge of keeping the supernatural existent a secret from the public. But it was still a pain in the ass hacking to it without my family knowing.

I found not one not two but five videos of Roxie teleporting or just jumping off buildings in broad daylight.. At least she was wearing a mask at the night she fought that demon.

I am looking at the footage right now.

Huh who the hell is that girl Roxie didn't mention anything about her and why is she riding a motorcycle with her. She is holding on to that girl way too tightly then what should be normal. Noted to self, learn how to ride a motorcycle in the future. Oh she went into the forest not sure if that was a good idea or very dumb one but I am still going to yell at her for that later anyway. Huh the demon is flying away. Wait why are chasing after it runs away you idiot. Noted to self, make sure Roxie learns when to escape by putting the fear of god into her.

Oh look Roxie finally decided to ditched that girl well good riddance. Wait, did she just jump off a moving motorcycle.

Noted to self, murder Roxie for being an idiot. 

The fight basically went on as Roxie described it. However as I was watching my anger grew even more so than before.

How dare that demon hurt my precious Roxie like that. I'll kill it, no wait it already in hell. I will summon it back up and send it to hell over and over again until I am satisfied. Wait no I need a dead human body for that. Well I guess I will have to take comfort in the fact that it is rotting in hell.

Dang she really went all out on that demon. She had that power for like 4 hours and she is already teleporting cars and truck on top of that demons. That's my girl.

I'm still going to teach her a lesson though.

After I was done erasing all the footage I took a much needed sleep.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Are you kidding me not even a second of sleep.

Noted to self, actually murder Roxie for keeping me up all night.

I get off my desk and begin my morning routine.

I ran about 20 laps around my mansion, did 1000 push ups, 1000 sit ups, and 1000 squats. I decide to not do plank, lunge, and the side plank today.

I then took a shower for about 10 or 20 minutes.

I went to the dining hall to eat breakfast. It was there I saw my father and my order sister.

"Oh Alena you look terrible did you get any sleep last night." My sister Alenam asked clearly seeing how tired I am.

"I was studying for a test and I lost track of time." I lie.

"Well it's good that you're studying but don't over do it okay." she said with concern.

"Don't worry I won't." I said as I was sitting down and begin eating.

This lobster is quite good.

"Well you're here there is something I have been meaning to ask you about." My father said.

Oh shit did I got caught or worst do they know about Roxie. If Sebes told him I will make him wish he could die.

"What is it father." I ask.

"Well you see I was looking through your computer when you were doing your daily exercise making sure it wasn't infected by a virus or heck." He said as I tense up in fear. Did I forget to erase a video of Roxie using her power. "But when I took a look I saw save video of pornography in there. Care to explain yourself young lady." He said with a stern voice.

.

..

...

Huh.

I look at my father confused but then I turn to look at my sister who just turns her head away from me not even looking at me.

Did Alenam just use my computer to watch porn!? And she saved it?

In any other situation I would be mad as hell at her. But I am just glad it was just a misunderstanding. But I am still going to kill my sister for this or maybe do something else.

"Yes I save those videos on my computer. I was curious so I searched online for it and kinda ended up saving a bunch of porn I like. Is there a problem father?" The look on my father's face said it all.

He was so shock that his mouth hung wide open but not as shock as Alenam was.

And now you owe me big time sis. 

".. Um no I guess not.. you are at that age where you would be curious about it. So as long as you are not doing anything inappropriate I have no problem with it but I will ask that you keep it to a minimum."

After that exchange we return to eating with Alenam staring at me wondering what I want.

There are so many things I could get from her. Like for example a fake identity in the worst case scenario in which everyone learns that Roxie is a witch and goes after her. Having my sister make a fake identity for her and leave town is a good option to have and since my sister would be the one making the identity hunter would have a hard time finding her.

The only real problem with that plan is that I would need to somehow get my sister into a contract that will stops her from telling everyone about it oh and of course convincing Roxie to go if things get bad. But that is only in the worst case scenario so I don't need to worry about that anytime soon.

"Oh by the way Alena I set up a meeting for you with Oliver Detro today. I do hope it turns out well." My father said assuming that I am just going to accept that.

"Oh for the last time I am not going to marry Oliver or any member of the Detro family. So can you please stop trying to marry me off to them." I said firmly.

"Oh for god sake Alena you can't just.. no, you know what forget it, it finds. You could marry into the Collymore family instead or maybe even the Ford family. Yes yes that could work." He said thinking that changing who I married into would actually make me go through with it.

"NO." I yell at my father getting his attention. "I have told you this multiple times already but I will say it as many times as it takes to get this through your head. I will never in any circumstance marry someone who I am not in love with and I don't care what benefit that marriage would being to our family I am not going through with any marriage plan you have for me and that final." I said not backing down from this.

Yes there is only one person who I would want to marry and that Roxie.

"Don't tell me you're still on that civilian girl, what was her name about oh Raxin."

"It's Roxie and so what. What are you going to do about it." I said knowing full well that as much as he doesn't like Roxie he can't do anything to a civilian as per the contract our family are in but if he finds out that Roxie is a witch. Yeah I don't want to think about what would happen. He may be the world's greatest hunter but he is far from a good person. If he thinks killing Roxie would make me go along with his plan he would not hesitate to do it.

"Nothing. But tell do you really see a future with this girl? You are aware that she is a civilian meaning you can't tell her that you are a hunter. And even if you do marry this girl what then? Are you going to live your happy marry life with her lying about where you go at night or explaining ways the cuts and bruises as accidents or whatever lie you want to give her. Do you plan to keep hiding a big part of who you are from her? We both know that what going to happen if you marry her and you can't ever tell her the truth. Well not unless you want to suffer the consequences." He said.

As much as I hate to admit it he is right. I can't tell Roxie the truth because of this stupid contract that my family is in.

If you want the strength to fight against the children of darkness you will abide by my terms.

You will not harm the children of humanities.

You will not interfere in the affairs of the children of humanities.

You will protect the children of humanities from the children of darkness.

You shall not reveal yourself to either the children of humanities and darkness except to the protector of humanities.

Those are the terms to the contract that the greater spirit has set for our family to abide by.

You see we hunters are contracted by greater spirit or in some rare cases by an actual angel. These spirits and angels give us increase strength, speed, agility and a few other things too. Though they don't actually give us magic power like the demons did to the witches but what they do instead is basically turn us super soldiers but that only goes if we follow the terms of the contract and we can't ever break them not unless we want to die that is.

So even if I want to tell Roxie the truth about my family I can't. Even if she is a witch now I can never be totally honest with her.

But my father seems to assume that I'm going to keep being a hunter for all of my life.

Well that would be the case with anyone else but me.

"You're right I can't be with her if I want to be a hunter but luckily for me I don't." I told my father and he got up from his seat angry that I would even dare say just a thing.

"What!? I don't know what kind of fantasy that you think you are living in but you are a hunter contract by a spirit. Which means you are obligated to protect humanities from monsters and you can never ever leave this life behind or else you will suffer the consequences."

"What consequences we both know that I am under no obligation to protect humanities from the forces of darkness and I could easily leave this life behind if I wanted to and there is nothing you or anybody else can do about it." I told my father.

It is true unlike most hunters who have to fight and protect humanities until the day they die. I don't have to do any of that if I don't want to. The only thing I am obligated to do is not harm or interfere with normal human affairs and of course not reveal myself as a hunter to anyone.

The only real problem with it is that I had to accept another term in exchange for the ability to quit whenever I wanted but that's more of an inconvenience than anything. A very big inconvenience I might add but still an acceptable one for now at least.

"Yes you may not be obligated by contract but you are obligated by blood. Like it or not you are a Miller and that means..." My father was saying but then got interrupted by me.

"Yeah yeah yeah, I'm a Miller part of the strongest family of hunters there is and the protector of humanities, defender of all that is good and holy, the nightmare of the forces of darkness. Yeah yeah I heard it all before, I didn't care then and I sure as hell don't care now." I told how little I care about my legacy.

"How could you say that. Do you take no pride in your family legacy. No pride in protecting humanities from evil." He ask and so I answer with this.

"Pride? What pride? Pride in my family legacy of what exactly? being a mindless soldier for some great spirit. Yeah I pass on that thank you very much. And protecting humanities from evil, ha don't make me laugh we both know that this world's greatest evil is humanity itself."

It the truth. Even though this city is full to the brim with monsters. Only 15% of the death cases in this city are actually caused by monsters the rest you guess it, case by humans themselves. Even without us stopping the monster from killing I doubt that would cause a difference. No matter how you face it, humanity is just as monstrous as any other supernatural creature out there if not more so.

The only reason I'm even bothering with this shit is because the pay is good and I'm saving up to live a carefree life away from my family so call legacy and my father too of course. Humanity can drop dead for all I care.

"You forget yourself daughter as long as you stay in my house you play by my rule. What I say goes and I'm saying is you are going to the that with meeting Oliver Detro and you are going to try your best to woo him and that final or else you can kiss sleeping in this mansion goodbye." He threatened to kick me out.

Well two can that play that game.

"All right. Sebes go pack my things we're leaving." I order Sebes who appear out of nowhere like literally out of nowhere.

"It shall be done Ms." Sebes said and then disappear.

"Eh what do you think you're doing?" He ask confuse.

"Well since I'm not going to this meeting with Oliver and I'm most definitely not going to woo him as you say. I am kissing this mansion goodbye." I got up and walk toward the door.

"Wait you can't do that you're still a minor." he told me.

"Truth but I'm also a hunter remember." I said.

Even though I don't want to be a hunter I still have to be if I want to keep what is precious to me safe.

Luckily for me Mergenci high has a school dorm system for hunters who are here from overseas or have no where else to go to.

It is also a good place to get intel on anything I want to know. It can be anything to a local werewolf pack or a specific group of criminals that have a shit ton of demons under their control and that also happen to be going after Roxie and my father just give me the perfect excuse to go there without raising suspicion on me what so ever.

"Wait come back here. I said COME BACK HERE NOW." he yelled but I didn't listen.

It may be a few years early then I have originally planned but it can't be helped. Now that Roxie a witch she is going to have a target on her back now and that not counting the fact that she can absorb mana. It may be weak now but if that ability is left to grow strong enough it could be used to kill a great spirit and for a hunter that is not a good thing. Which is why I have to leave now before threats start popping up and make sure Roxie doesn't give her identity away by doing something stupid.

That easier say then done. If someone is in trouble she just can't help herself but to get involved. I would have a far easier time keeping her off the radar then I would have if I tried to convince her to stay out of trouble. Even though that is what I love about her it is very inconvenient sometimes. No matter, all I have to do is protest her and I will do that by any means necessary.

(Roxie point of view)

I am sitting in the living room looking at a photo of a badly beaten up guy. He seemed somewhat familiar did I beat him up?

"Before you ask no you did not beat him up." Jim answered my unspoken question.

"Huh wait if I didn't beat him up then why are you showing me a picture of the guy?" I ask genuinely confused.

"This is the bastard that did that to you right." He said pointing at my face.

"Huh." I was even more confuse.

"Wait so this isn't the guy." He ask sounding slightly worried about something.

"Wait don't tell did you do that to him?" I ask shocked and slightly impressed.

"Ummmm well since this isn't the guy I guess I have to start at square one again." He said trying to cover up what he did.

But still this guy looks familiar and if I didn't beat him up then how do I know him.

"Why did you think he was the guy anyway?" I ask hoping to get some answers.

"Well that, it because he is a member of the Satom gang and who has been known to give his loser in street fight strange burn mark before and since you didn't bother to tell me anything about the guy I though it was him. My bad."

Wait is he starting to feel guilty about that. Oh shit this bad since I didn't told him that Coyon is in hell for obvious reasons he has been trying to find the guy who he thinks burns my face. 

"Um so what other crime did he commit anyway." I ask knowing full well that Jim wouldn't just beat someone up on just a suspicion alone.

"Well let see he commit murder, rape, and he also a pedophile. The only reason he isn't in jail yet is because he a member of the Satom gang and they as you know have friends in high places." He said as a matter of factly.

Jesus fucking christ that is... sadly not the most disturbing things I heard from Jim. Well it's not like this guy is innocent so why not pin the blame on him.

I pick up the photo and took a look at it like I am realizing who he is which I'm not but Jim doesn't know that.

"Holy shit this is the guy I didn't recognize him at first because of how badly you beaten him up Jim. Nice going I give it a 10 out of 10." I praise him for his good work.

What is this strange feeling that I'm feeling, is it pride? Am I feeling proud to be his daughter (well adopted daughter but it the same thing so who cares)

"I am not sure if I should take that as a complement or not." He said feeling conflicted about something. I wonder what it could be.

"So now that that's out of the way. Here is what I really call you down here for." He said as he pull out another photo of another beaten up guy.

"Oh I actually did beat that guy up." I said instinctively without thinking about the consequences.

"You're grounded, again." He instantly put handcuff on me. "You are forbidden from leaving the house except for school or community service which you are doing by the way so have fun." He told me while trying to hide a smirk on his face.

"But are the handcuffs really necessary." I ask hoping that this was some kind of joke.

"No but since you keep doing this type of shit I figure why not put handcuffs on you and see if you learn your lesson this time."

The bastard this is an abuse of power... I think.

"Hey I have civil rights you know."

"Eh don't worry about it, it's only for a little while all you have to do is find the key." He said walking away.

"B-but I need to go to the bathroom. I can't do that in handcuffs." I pleaded with him.

"Not my problem." He simply said not looking back.

Well that didn't work. But at least Jim put the easy to take off kind of handcuff on me.

I just need a hairpin and I'm golden.

"Oh and one thing, you don't have to worry about going to school today. I already called and told them you'll be doing community service so after you get out of those handcuffs I want you ready by the time we go. Oh and for your information you won't find a hairpin there I suggest looking elsewhere." He told me as I was searching for one in the drawer.

Seriously community service now?

"Do I have to?" I ask

"Yes you do." He said leaving no room for argument.

"Okay fine." I said giving up.

I can only hope that he isn't planning on making me help with animal care. That will not end well for me... or the animal but mostly for me.

But still who was that guy in the photo and why do I feel this sense of dread from just looking at the photo. But more specifically the tattoo on his right eyes. A blood red skull with a blue flame in the background. Where have I seen that tattoo before.

Eh probably not important. Now time to get these handcuffs off.

(Back with Alena)

I was sitting in my limo thinking about the future.

Even though leaving home was always the plan. The reason for it has changed. Whereas before it was because I didn't want anything to do with my father or his plans. He may claim that it is for my happiness but I know for a fact that all he cares about is power oh and money too.

Hunters are bounded by contract with spirit but the same can be said about them. Just as we hunters have to abide by the term they set for us, they have to also accept the term set by us too. What are those terms you may ask? Well it may varied to hunter to hunter but the main one that is important is 'you may only give your unique blessing to my blood and my blood alone'. That was one of the terms the first generation of hunters set with the great spirit when they made the contract.

Every single spirit has a unique blessing that they can bestow onto the person they are contracted with. This unique blessing can be anything from something as simple as being super lucky or something as crazy as reincarnation which my father apparently has by the way. What this basically means is that every single hunter family has at least some kind of unique blessing that sets them apart from others.

This is why he is so hell bent on marrying me off to the Detro family or any other hunter family with a good unique blessing. If I marry and give birth to a child of another hunter then that child will be able to receive the unique blessing of not only my family but also the unique blessing of the father family as well, which end up creating an even more powerful hunter in the process.

Of course not every family member has the unique blessing. There are a few conditions that you need to do first to be able to receive a unique blessing. It depends on the unique blessing like for example if I wanted to get the unique blessing Eagle eye then I would have to shoot two birds with one arrow and then I would receive the unique blessing.

All I need is to be related to a family with the unique blessing and complete the condition and boom I can shoot five birds with one arrow with ease now. Of course the conditions most of the time are very hard to achieve or are just plain stupid sometimes but if you can achieve them you'll be stronger then ever.

But what does any of that have to do with my father you ask. It's not like he would even get the unique blessing even if he is related to a child of mine, it not like he is related to the family with the unique blessing so he can not receive it but that is where his unique blessing come in, his unique blessing is bloodline reincarnation which allow him to be reincarnation into the sons of his bloodline. So that means he would eventually have access to new unique blessings while also keeping all of his current one.

So basically I'm nothing more than a tool for him to gain more power. Why does he want more power? I don't know, all I know is that I don't give a damn and that I have no intention of being used by him for whatever goal he has. Hence why I was planning to leave.

The limo stop.

"Sebes why we suddenly stop?" I ask my driver who is also my butler.

"Yes sorry Ms but we seem to have come across a slight problem on the road." he said.

Well that was fast.

I must have really pissed him off then.

"How many?" I ask

"About 6 or 7. All hunter Ms." he answer.

Just 7? Well they are hunters but still, 7?

"Do you recognize any of them?"

"Only 3 my lady. One of them seems to be that ghost hunter who your father seems to be friends with and the other two seem to be of the Collymore family."

Well I guess I better be careful then. Ghost hunters are expert at dealing with, well ghosts but more importantly they are also good at dealing with lesser spirits like Sebes.

But why two members of the Collymore family? Don't tell me he plans on having one of them impregnate me. No that is not it, I have to be married to someone for the child to inherit both families unique blessing or otherwise the child will only inherit one family unique blessing. So that means they are just here to counter my unique blessing weak point with their.

"-Sign- And what are their weapons."

"The one on the back seems to have a rifles while the two other guys on his right and left are holding AK-47 but the rest..." Sebes was saying when I interrupted. "Have curse swords and spears, am I correct"

"Yes that is exactly right my lady." He said confirming my guess.

"Well in that case, Sebes can you hand me my katana please." I ask

"Um Ms um... You are aware that there are 3 people with guns right? Would it not be wise to use an assault rifles or any other range weapons at your disposal."

I am going to pretend that he did not just said that to me.

"There are hunters of the Collymore family out there. Meaning that they are experts at range weapons and can dodge bullets easily. My best option is to attack them up close. I only need to kill the four melee weapon users fast and quick before they become a problem."

"B-but Ms they are hunters. You can't just kill them." Sebes said looking at me shocked.

"Oh yeah good point. If they die, it will be discovered and that will put me in a tight spot. I can't have that, at least not yet. Hmm on second thought Sebes just hand me the wooden katana instead."

That was a close call I almost became a rogue hunter. I can't exactly protect Roxie if I'm being hunted myself now can I.

Sebes handed me the wooden katana that appeared front of his hand.

"Sebes stay here, they have curse weapons so you only be a liability to me." I said as I was getting out of the limo.

"Understood my lady."

I walk up to the hunter with the curse long sword.

"Look here young girl your father doesn't like that..." He didn't have the chance to finish as I swing my katana upside his head knocking him out cold.

After a second being surprised by my sudden attack the guy with the curse sword rush at me swing his swing sword upward aiming for my head.

I calmly sidestep to his left and thrust my katana in his rib cage breaking a few bones in the process but not killing him. Then a spear user swings his spear on my right but I bend backward dodging the attack. Then the other guy thrust his spear right behind me. I cart wheel away in time successfully avoiding the spear in time.

I landed on his left side. He try to swing his spear my way at that moment I already began to attack him. I elegantly hit his face upward and back down hitting his right shoulder which ended with it being dislocated. I kick him to the ground.

It was at this moment that the last spear user jump up and thrust his spear.

I just took a quick step to the right and swing my katana at his right elbow joint. letting him drop his spear when he landed. But then a bullet came at me aim at my left hand but I move it just in time. I then grab the curse spear on the floor and begin charging at them.

They begin firing at me however I dodge the bullets easily. I jump up high by using the spear they were still started firing at me even when I in mid air.

I dodge all of them by turning my body around in a circle movement however one guy simply aim his rifles at my head and shot, it hit my head or at least it would have if I didn't block it my with my katana.

The katana broke.

I land then roll over toward the guy with the rifles. I kick his leg, took his guy then used the back of it to hit him in the gut and then his head.

I spin around to hit other guy to his left upside the head with it. I then turned around and duck dodging the bullet in the process. I aimed the gun at his foot and shot.

He of course jump back but then I ran up to him and kick him in the stomach. He fell to the ground but was still conscious and so I shoot his arms and leg while he was down.

I then turn around to look at the guy who spear I took. He was the last one standing.

I point my broken katana at the guy giving him a message to send to my father.

"Tell my father that if he tries this again then next time I won't go easy and will end you all. Am I clear."

It looks like he got the message because he was running away like a scared little girl.

Well that was easy. Good thing I kept my unique blessing foresight a secret from my father or else he would have sent in way more guys than 7 guys at me. Foresight allows me to see one second into the future and combine that with my other secret unique blessing accelerated thinking it was a piece of cake.

I walked back to my limo but before that I took all their curse weapons for myself.

I mean curse weapons are expensive as fuck and since father most likely cut me off from all my credit card account well except the one I made in secret from him. I now have to be careful of how much I spend. Is this how poor people live their lives. Worry about whether or not they should buy it? Well it is still better than being a breeding machine for my father.

"Ms. are you sure it is a good idea to bring those? They are curse weapons after all." Sebes ask concern.

"Well it better to have them then to leave them with father. Curse weapons are hard to come by because they can only be made by curse users and we ain't exactly friends with them either. Plus who knows when I might need them in the future."

In case I have to fight against ghosts or lesser spirits these things will come in handy.

"Okay so do you want me to store them for you Ms." Sebes offier.

"Well I do appreciate the offer Sebes but I will have to decline. Spirits and anything that is curse don't mix well together." I told him.

"Yes of course but I am your butler so it is my duty to cater to your every need no matter if it inconveniences me or not."

Holy shit he is really taking the whole butler thing seriously huh. I remember the time when he was just a vengeful spirit looking to harm everyone who had wrong him which by vengeful spirit knowledge is everyone.

I was 5 years old at the time and eager to be just like my father. Oh how much of a fool I was back then to even want to be anything like that monster I call father. Anyway with me being naive and thinking that having a vengeful spirit as a butler sounded cool I decided to make a contract with him.

He refused, there was a fight, I won, he accepted the contract and now I have a spirit butler who is loyal only to me. Oh and I also became one of the few spirit tamers in the world at the age of 5.

Anyway back to the present Sebes is holding out his hand to me which is him basically saying 'I have no problem storing very dangerous and lethal weapons to me for your convenience'.

"Sorry but the answer is still no Sebes. I need you at top straight in case father send more hunters after me. Though I don't think he would do so after I sign up for the school dorm but I am not taking any chances." I simply told Sebes.

Father maybe this so call hero of legend but even he can't just take me in by force after I fall into the protection of the young hunter association. Well not unless he wants to go to war with 3 or 4 hunter guilds backing that association up.

"Anyway Sebes let's get going, I don't want to be late for school."

"As you wish my lady."

And so we begin moving toward our destination which thankfully their was no other problem on the way there.

(Back with Roxie)

After about an half hour trying to take these handcuffs off, Jim and I went to the vet to help out with the animal there. And what do you know the first thing that happens right after taking my first step inside.

I was bitten by a pit bulls on left leg and a golden retriever on my right leg and even a chihuahua went in and jump to bit my right arm oh and I also have bird poking it beak at my head not sure what type though.

"Men animals really hate your guts huh."Jim said amazed at how fast some animal in the room began attacking me.

"I told you this would happen." I said as I was trying to get them off me

"Yeah sorry I thought you were exaggerating a bit I didn't realize it was this bad."

"Oh this? Yeah this isn't that bad actually. Only 4 went to attack me this time, that the lowest number that attacked on first site." I simply told him and the look on his face told me that he was surprise as fuck.

"W-w-what? How? I mean sure Lucky was a bit aggressive at first but not like this!" He ask not getting why animals hate me so much.

To be honest I don't even understand why they hate me so much either. For a long time since I could remember every animal I try to either pet or even get near them they would either attack me or if I'm lucky they just only bark, hiss, or made whatever noise they could make at me. The only exception is Lucky but that is because he spend so much time with me that he grows to love me, oh and bats too for some reason.

"I am so sorry I don't know what come him all of a sudden." One of the owner said as she try to get the chihuahua off of me.

She seems to be around my age with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Man she is hot maybe I should try to flirt with her.

"It no problem. Say what is your name. My is Roxie." I said as I try to grab her hand but the chihuahua jump up and bit me again."Ouch son of a bitch." I yell

"No bad Cooper bad. Sorry again and my name is Ashley and this here is my boyfriend Riley." She said pointing to the guy trying to get the golden retriever off me.

Oh so she already has a boyfriend then, well that suck.

"No bad girl Skye bad girl. I am so sorry I don't know what came over her." Her boyfriend Riley said.

"Don't worry about it this is normal for me." I told them and they look confuse.

After all the owners came to get their pets off of me. Jim and I went to do what we came here to do. Help with the Vet out with keeping the animal in check while they do their things.

As you can imagine it didn't go well. It was so bad to the point that when I even try to get near them they go full feral on me. It gets to the point that they just give up and put me on cleaning duty.

So now I am cleaning the tools they use. But then a poodle ran up behind me and bit my ass. Literally.

"Seriously. I wasn't even coming near you." I yell at the poodle.

"Maybe I should put you to work somewhere else." He ask.

"Yes do that." I told him.

Thank god that the last time I came here the animal were too sick to even bother with me at all.

However something weird happen. The poodle just suddenly ages a lot faster. It teeth start falling off, it brown fur started turning grey right before my eyes.

Okay that is sooo not normal.

"Someone help. There is something wrong with this dog." I yell out to the nearest veterinarian.

"I'm here what happened?" A veterinarian came.

"I don't know this dog just bit my ass and after I got it off of me it suddenly started aging very fast." I told him everything I knew.

"Oh not again." He simply said.

"Has this happened before?" I ask and then I remember that something like this happened to Lucky too.

"Yes this has been happening for a few weeks now. We can't explain but for reasons unknown dogs have been aging faster then normal, I even heard some rumor that this has happened to people too but I didn't see anything like that on the news." He told me.

This is weird no matter how you look at it. Does this have something to do with magic? I haven't seen Camila since I fought Coyon but maybe I should probably pay her a visit soon.

After that happened, Jim and I decided to call it a day a little bit early since I keep getting attacked by animals.

We got home and went inside.

"So Roxie what do you want for dinner."

"Nothing. I am just going to stay in my room and study for a bit." I told Jim

"Um okay just let me know if you need anything."

"Okay I will."

So I head to my room and the first thing I do which isn't studying by the way what I do instead is open the window and look outside to find a good shadow to teleport into.

Oh their one.

"Umbra Lanuae"

I teleport out of my room and start heading my way toward Camila apartment.

Luckily for me I remember where she lives and it didn't take me long to get there.

"So you finally decide to show up. Well let begin your training then." Camila said taking a sip of tea.

"Oh that. I don't give a damn about training. I came here to ask if you knew anything about dogs aging super fast." I ask and she almost spit out her tea.

"Eh. Wait so you not here to learn to be the most powerful witch you can be?"

"Again I don't give a damn just tell me what I want to know."

"Eh. b-b-but I had so many plans for you. Are you sure you're interested in my teaching. I will even throw in some free sex lesson if you want." She started unbuttoning her shirt.

Okay I'm not going to lie that actually a very VERY tempting offer but I didn't came here for sex. I came here to get answers as to why dogs are aging fast and plus an image of a very piss off Alena show up in my mind for reasons I do not fully understand.

"Wait stop right there. Okay look I admit that you're super hot and totally my type but I am not the type of girl that can be bought with sex. I have way too much self-respect for that." I told her off.

"Are you sure there is nothing I can do to change your mind? If not sex then how about I become your ally then. I mean you are going to need all the allies you can get. Especially since you can absorb mana which by the way should be impossible. So how about it then." She said sounding slightly desperate.

Hmm I mean I don't really see the problem with learning from her and even though I don't totally understand why absorbing mana is just a big deal or why I would even need allies but it couldn't hurt to at least be friend with her. Plus the way she is asking kind makes me want pity her slightly.

"Okay how about this you tell me everything I want to know about why dogs have been aging super fast and how to stop it. Oh and also get rid of this dick mark on my face." I told her pointing at the burn mark.

"Oh that all, in that case I do just that but do you want some tea while I talk." She ask.

"No I'm good just tell me what I want to know."

"The reason why dogs are aging faster than normal is because someone is trying to kill off the werewolf population and failing miserably at that too. I don't know why or even who they are but what I do know is that they must be either a very powerful curse user or a mad scientist. One of the two. Now let get to training."

"Wait hold up. Isn't there anything more you can tell like where they are or I don't know like how to stop it or better yet reverse it." I ask hoping there was a way to reverse Lucky aging.

"Nope. I have no clue where they are and how to reverse it. I don't know just hope it was a curse user that did it and beat them up I guess. Though I'm not sure if that will work but it is at least worth a try. But why do you even care anyway it's not like you're werewolf so it's not your problem. You could just leave it alone."

"Okay first of all so what it isn't my problem that doesn't mean I should just sit back and do nothing. Secondly who said it isn't my problem. My dog Lucky is aging very fast and could die so if you say that beating the crap outta this curse user or whatever can save him then you better believe I'm going to beat the living shit out of them." I said slightly raising my voice without meaning to.

Lucky is very important to me. Sure I may have him for only 2 years and about 1 year and half of that he didn't even like me that much. However compared to most dogs that I have come across he was by far the most nicer to me. He only barks and growl at me while most dogs would just bite me without a second thought.

When I was five I have always wanted a dog but when my mother gave me a pet dog for my birthday that dog attacked me. I think I would have died if my mother hadn't stopped the dog. I don't know why animals hate me so much but just recently Lucky let me pet him.

Sure it was a simple thing and probably ain't that big of a deal but still it made me so happy. I have finally found a pat dog who loves me. So I'm going to do whatever I can to save him.

All I gotta do is find this person and beat the shit out of them until Lucky is safe.

"Okay well you seem to have your own reason for stopping this person so I won't stop you but I will advise caution. If this is a curse user and not some mad scientist then you need to be careful. Curse users have the ability to create and cast a curse which means one wrong move and you could die in a snap of a finger or turn insane. It all depends on the type of curse they can use so if you just go up to them without even knowing what curses are at their disposal and not properly prepare against them then you're going die and there will be no one to save this Lucky dog that you're so hell bent on saving. So before you even try to find the one responsible you need to learn how to properly use your mana." Camila said standing up from her chair.

"Huh? What do you mean. I've been using mana to cast spells without any problem so far." I told her confuse on what she was talking about.

"Ha ha ha. Oh man you really do need my guidance don't you. Well luckily for you I am more than willing to give it to you." She said acting very cocky. "but first tell me how much mana you use for Umbra Lanuae."

"Um I don't know.. um.. a fair bit I guess. All I know is that the mana needed to cast Umbra Lanuae is a lot and that I can maybe cast it 27 times before I run out of mana."

"Wait just 27? Are you for real? Oh man this is worse than I thought. Tell me how exactly do you control the mana in you when casting?" She ask.

"Huh? Control? I don't do that. I just gather as much mana as I can and then I think about activating the spell and boom I'm somewhere else." I explain to her.

The look on Camila face was that of complete shock and fear.

"..."

"...''

"... How are you still alive?" She yell.

"Huh what the big deal. If I'm doing something wrong then that's fine. I just need to figure out what I'm doing wrong and fix it. But why are you making it sound like it's life threatening." I ask confuse on what the problem is.

"That's because it is life threatening. Don't you know that if you run out of mana you die. And the way you cast spells makes you use far too much mana for a simple spell." She told me like it was a matter of fact.

"Are you sure? I mean I did run out of mana during the fight with Coyon and even then I was still able to cast spell without mana but it did hurt like hell and I think it would have killed me if I kept going. Luckily for me I can absorb mana so I was able to come out on top." I told her what happened and she just looked at me like I grew two heads.

"Wait are you telling me that you'd not only ran out of mana but was still able to cast spells. How? That should be impossible. Absorbing mana is one thing but what you just describes breaks all the known law of the universe. Are you sure you're not dead." Camila said as she walked up to me and began inspecting my body.

"Yes I'm very much alive thank you very much." I push her away from me.

"Okay look you clearly don't understand so let me explain it to you. Mana is a witch life energy so meaning that if a witch runs out of mana they die. Plain and simple. So it means you should by all rights be dead. The fact that you can even walk after being out of mana is a miracle on its own. And casting spells without mana that just out right impossible."

Holy shit. If what Camila said is true then by all means I should be dead right about now. It begs the question doesn't it. What kind of witch am I? Am I even a witch to begin with?

Forget it. It doesn't really matter.

"Okay okay I get it. It should be impossible can we please move on to the part where you explain what I'm doing wrong with my casting." I said wanting to move on already.

So what that I shouldn't be alive and kicking. That is basically the story of my life.

I am alive. Deal with it.

"Eh... Um... Sure I guess I can start explaining that to you." She said surprised at how well I am taking it. "When we witches want to cast a spell we first imagine the mana within us and then shape it to our will. What we shape it into depends on the spell itself. In the case of Umbra Lanuae it would be an all consuming dark fog that devours you taking you to shadow to shadow in the process if that makes any kind of sense to you."

"It doesn't."

"Whatever. After that all that is left for us witches to do at that point is to make the shape manifest in reality."

"Yeah um.. how is that different from what I was doing. I mean I didn't imagine an all consuming dark fog or anything. I just think about the shadow I want to teleport into and boom I'm there." I said not understanding how it was any better then what I was doing.

"Okay first of all it is soo much different and secondly you just gather mana like you're building up a bonfire or something and not actually controlling the flow or shape of it and thirdly you're just thinking about the end results and not the actual process that go into it." She explained to me.

"Um.. Okay I will try that I guess." I said taking a seat and closing my eyes.

I did as she said. I imagine the mana within me and holy shit there is a shit ton of it. If I have to compare it to something then I would compare it to a very big lake. That is how much mana I have. 

Okay now on to shaping it into an all consuming dark fog. It was easier said than done. Apparently even trying to move it around was hard as hell or at least it was until I thought of it as not a solid that can change if I move it around some more but as an invisible force that can be bend to my will. And so it begins taking the shape of a consuming dark fog that is about to devour me whole.

However without a destination to go to it just stood there if that makes any sense. I thought about opening my eyes and looking for a shadow to teleport into. But then a thought came to me.

If I imagine this all consuming fog taking me from shadow to shadow then wouldn't that mean I could travel to shadow that I'm not looking at or aren't near me. If that is the case then that means.

With a destination in mind I then try to make it manifest in reality.

I then teleported without even saying the word Umbra Lanuae

I open my eyes and found myself in my room sitting on my chair in front of my desk.

"Holy shit I can teleport long distances!" I yell in surprise.

"What? You say something Roxie." I head Jim say on the other side of the door.

Oh shit I totally forget about him.

"Nothing I just.. um.. reading a comic book out loud."

"Oh in that case carry on then.. wait no you're ground remember"

Oh yeah I forget about that. Jim and Maya took away all my comic books after I told them I was in a street fight.

I probably should have thought things through.

"Um.. did I say comic book? I meant light novel.. yeah that's what I'm reading."

I quickly took out a light novel and made it look like I was reading it.

Jim walked into my room. Stare at the book I was reading and then decided to take the book from my hand saying.

"No light novel." He begin taking all of my light novel.

Well fuck now what am I going to read. Well no point crying over spilled milk now is there.

Jim soon left my room.

Okay now time to teleport back to Camila.

I did the same thing as before and boom I am sitting across from her.

"Now tell me do you sense a difference in how much mana you use." She said looking very smug for some reason.

I then look to see how much mana I have used. 

"Holy fucking shit." I couldn't help but say out loud

"I know right."

I couldn't believe what I was see or well imagining. The amount of mana spent teleporting to my room was the same amount as before. Okay that may not seem light that much of a difference but considering that I just teleported half way across the city in blink of an eye and I didn't even have cast it out loud.

I look around and teleported in the room a couple of time which was 10 times by the way and I barely even noticed my mana depleting at all.

"How?" I couldn't help but ask.

"It's simple really by imagining the whole process you not only did it better but also ended up not wasting too much mana forcing the end result. If you just force the entire river on top of a bucket it will fill the bucket but the rest will go to waste but if you let the river flow and place the bucket in the river. You not only have not wasted any water but end up having more than enough water for a whole city." Camila said sounding wise.

hmm maybe she would actually make a good master.

"Or if you want an even better example if you just orgasm by only watching porn you will cum but that cum will go to waste but if you have a partner with you. That partner will not only enjoy your love juice but also might make you cum again."

"..."

"..."

On second thought maybe I should get a new master.

"Well since I have learned all I need to. I'm going to go look for that curse user okay." I said as I was about to teleport away then she stop me.

"Wait what about your face?"

Oh yeah that right she fucking give me a dick mark on my face.

Should I beat her up? I mean she did just teach me something useful so I guess I could let it go just this once.

She heal my face fully getting rid of the dick shape burn mark.

With that out of the way I teleported back to my room and began researching dogs or peoples aging super fast on my computer. If what that veterinarian said was true then the culprit has already figured out how to affect people with it so I better hurry up and stop them before it's too late.

Extre story: Raccoon Demon

(Point of view of some random guy)

We ran for dear life.

The raccoon demon has just show up out of nowhere. For some reason she had a dick tattoo on her face but we didn't dare to stop and laugh at her. We just ran.

"-breathe- are -breathe- are we -breathe- safe now." Vaughn said breathing heavy.

"Yeah I -breathe- think so." I said hoping that was the case.

"Guy why did we -breathe- run. We could have take her down if we all go at her." the new guy Beck said.

"You're new so you wouldn't know her. She is the girl known as the raccoon demon. And to answer your question we ran because she would have beaten us up to the point that we would have needed face surgery by the time she was done with us." I told him and he looked dumbfounded.

"But there were 7 of us and one of her."

"So what. She could take 17 of us and she would still come up on top."

"Really?"

"Yes really."

"But are you sure that isn't just a rumor."

"No it not a rumor and I know this because I was one of the 17." I told him

He was surprised to say the least.

"Okay if you say but I do have one question though." he said

"Ask way."

"Why is she called the raccoon demon. Where did that nickname even come from." 

"Oh that. I'm not entirely sure why but someone in her school is a niece of our boss and she told him that everyone there calls her raccoon behind her back. As to why she ain't beating everyone up I guess she likes raccoons or something and I don't know I ain't questioning it."

"Okay. Though if I'm being honest she looks kinda hot even with that dick tattoo."

"Well looks can be deceiving. She may be hot but make no mistake she is a demon. I heard a rumor that she once took down 100 guys when she was 5."

"Are you for real?"

"Who knows but I wouldn't be surprised if it was."

The fact that she took 17 of us out and only complain about being late to school and her nails being broken just goes to show how much of a demon she really is. Thank god she doesn't kill or else we wouldn't even be here right now.

0