The Light House
26 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A car attendant woke me up and said that the view is nice. So I got up and decided to take a quick look at the window and what welcomed me was a nice view of sunrise and the sparkling view of the sea. It was so mesmerizing that I couldn't take my gaze off of it.

'wow I have never seen such an amazing scenery in my life'

*dining car passing bay*

"anything from the trolley sir?" dining lady asked.

"I'll have a cup of coffee please" I replied.

I took a sip of my coffee as I watch the view. I'm still mesmerized but this is not the time for me to be relaxed. So I took out the flyer from my pocket and I read the details and instruction.

'hmm.. go to the port and find a girl named Jael huh'

After a few minutes, I finally arrived.

'Janile, the town of pearl. The difference between my hometown and this town is really different huh'

*~growl~*

'Looks like it's time for me to have breakfast. I should also ask some locals where's the port is located while I'm at it'.

I entered a diner that seems quite pack from the looks of it. I decided to sit near the counter. I ordered their breakfast combo and asked the cashier about it.

"Uhmm excuse me could I ask you a quick question?" I asked.

"Yes sir what is it?" she replied.

"Do you happen know where's the way to the port is?" I asked

"The way to the port I see. So from here you just got to walk down there until you reach an intersection then turn right and straight ahead there you'll reach the port." She answered.

" I see thank you very much" I replied

"You're welcome" She replied.

After that I quickly finished my meal and got out of the diner and started walking to the direction the cashier told me to. I reached the intersection where I saw a group of kids picking on another kid. I quickly ran towards them to scare them so that they will stop picking on the other kid.

"Eeey stop that!" I shouted.

"Ruuun!!!" They shouted as they ran.

"Hey little guy are you alright?"

*nods* The kid.

"Okay good, make sure to stay away from them from now own okay?"

The kid nods and ran away.

'haaaah am I that scary? or maybe ugly?'

I arrived at the port and asked a staff where the way to the office is, and he pointed where it is. I entered the office and started asking.

"Uhmm do you know where can I find Jael?" I asked.

"Straight ahead, just knock before you enter" The staff replied.

I walked straight to where the staff told me to go and knocked.

*knock* *knock*

"You may enter" A voice inside replied.

"Hello I'm here for the light keeper job." I said.

"I see... Please take a seat" The girl said

"May I know how old are you?" She asked

"Uhmm I'm 18 right I am 18 hehehe" I answered

'I can't tell her that I'm 16'

"You look quite younger for an 18 year old" She said

"Ehehehe many people said that to me" I answered

She started looking at the forged papers that I bought.

'I hope she wouldn't know that the papers were forged'

"Looks like you brought everything, I'll call my brother for you he will take you to the light house" She said.

"Okay thank you" I replied.

'Haaaah I'm wasted I was really nervous on that one, welp I finally have a job, I can finally feed myself  now'.

Her brother arrived at came to greet me.

"So you're Clyde, nice to meet you I'm Jael's brother Cain, we'll depart later around 4 so you can sight see for a bit" He said.

"Nice to meet you too. Okay thank you". I replied.

"Since it's lunch I can recommend some place where the food tastes great I can also give you a tour while at it. Whadd'ya think?" Jael asked

"That will be great. I'll be in your care then." I replied

Then we head off to lunch. While walking Jael started telling me the history behind their town she said that the one of the reasons why this place is called the town of pearls is because back in the day merfolks used to loiter in this area and they sometimes give the villagers pearls as a gift for accommodating them.

"I see. That's a really amazing story huh" I said

"You're right so you must be careful when you're in the light house. You must know that one of the reasons why up until now no one applies for this job is because of that" She said

"No one applied for this job because of merfoolks?" I asked

"Of course not, The main reason why no one applied for this job is because on how dangerous it is." She answered

"You got a point there." I said

Our conversation ended on that, after that conversation I told her that I gotta get going to meet Cain.

"Looks like it's about to hit 4 I gotta get going Cain must be waiting for me" I said

"Okay be careful see ya next week." She said

I arrived at the port and I see Cain Packing the stuff that I'll be needing while staying there. Cain saw me and he started waving at me.

'Maybe he's signalling me to come'

"Coming!"I replied

"Is this all the stuff that I'll be needing there?" I asked.

"Yep that's all. Are you ready?" He asked

"Yep I am" I replied

We boarded the boat and a few minutes later the waves got higher.

"Looks like there's going to be a storm tonight be careful Clyde." Cain said with a worried look

"I will" I answered

"One last thing Clyde, what ever ever sound you hear at night don't dare to go out there are we clear?" Cain said with a worried look

"Don't worry Cain I'll be fine" I said

A few minutes after our conversation we arrived at the island safely. I took a quick look around the Island and what I noticed the most is the height of the light house I couldn't believe that it's this huge.

'Holy Cow that's big'

"See you next week Clyde!!" Cain yelled while waving his hand

I also waved my hand to offer goodbye. The cold breeze of the sea starts to hit me and it was cold so I decided to head.

*Achooo*

'It's cold'

After I head inside I decided to prepare dinner I cooked some mashed potatoes to keep myself warm from the coldness of night after that I turned on the light above and decided stay there for a while, then I saw a cumulonimbus in a distance.

'Yep it's gonna be cold tonight hopefully the waves won't get too high'

As I prepare myself that night the gears of fate are already moving.

-Chapter 2 end

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3