Chapter 08
430 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kingcross July 1973

# Lily's Pov#

Busy station, noises of students talking in the background, and the sound of victory laughter. Another year and they all made it.

Life at Hogwarts is without a doubt a fantastic experience, Lily loves being a part of it. However, now she realizes how much vacation is needed.

She is exhausted, whether from the effort to get good grades or from the pressure of an impending war. Conversations on this topic are more common every day.

News of the murder of Muggle families in the Daily Prophet, along with rising tensions between Slytherin and Muggleborns. Her nights of rest had become nightmares of fear for her family.

Saying goodbye to her friends, she walks towards the boarding platform her parents usually wait for.

Heart pounding with anxiety, a strong desire to see them and confirm that all is well.

To her great relief, she soon finds her parents' smiling faces, the two of them waiting longingly for her beloved daughter.

She couldn't see Petunia anywhere, her chest ached from the thorny relationship between them. Unfortunately, no matter how hard she tries to fix it, everything just seems to get worse.

So she just gave up.

Her mother, Adrea Evans. A perceptive woman asked right away.

 "Lily dear, you look so tired. Have you been sleeping well my daughter?" - Adrea

"Ohh... Of course, I'm just tired Mom. The exams were a drag" - Lily

With a disbelieving expression, Adrea didn't insist.

Meanwhile, nearby, a young man with dark hair and a familiar appearance approaches, Mrs. Evans wastes no time calling him.

"Severus dear, it's so good to see you. Where's your mother? Did she come to get you?"- Adrea asked in a loving tone.

Severus rather embarrassed responds "Good afternoon Mr. and Mrs. Evans, nice to see you again. Hi Lily, and for your question Mrs. Evans... My mom can't pick me up. I'll be back by bus."

"Bullshit, you can come with us boy. We live near and Lily wouldn't mind. Of this, I'm sure haha" - Paul Evans says with a firm tone and laughing at his last comment.

Before Severus could respond Lily ran him over "Come on Severus, no need to be shy. Let's have fun and get our affairs in order."

She ends by giving his shoulders a playful shove.

Severus thinks for a moment, looks into his eyes, and smiles nodding his head.

She didn't know why, but it's hard for her to get used to this new smiling Severus. His posture is erect and he carries an air of mysterious confidence.

She looks away a little shy thinking about what is the cause of this change.

She doesn't stop thinking... Is it because of her?

In view of the first time, her shyness is now much less. Before she was just surprised, her mind said it like a mantra to calm down.

'Impossible, Sev and me are not like that. He doesn't think of me that way. Yeah, we're just best friends' -Lily said in her mind convincing herself.

Lily if she was going to admit it to herself, she didn't look at Severus as a romantic target. He's not known for being an attractive guy.

Not to mention, his previous lack of hygiene and sloppy appearance didn't help to make her see him as something else. Now with this new Severus, all that is behind.

Well-groomed hair, a faint scent of soap hits her nostrils and she feels very nice about it.

They head towards the car and enter. Mr. Evans from the match and they make small talk in the car.

"Have you seen the new movie they're looking to release Sev? Dad's been talking about it for a long time, it's like a mix of wizards and aliens." - Lily

Raising an eyebrow Severus says "Ohh? This one I want to see" the disbelieving tone and light taster in the air.

"Seriously, I think it's called... Star something... Er... Star bobs, it's not like that" Lily rambles with a finger resting on her chin.

"Star Wars"- Mr. Evans comments.

"That's it, that's right... Looks like it's going to be awesome, Sev. You have to come with us. I would love it if you were" - Lily excited with the idea says.

"Er...Sure, I'm looking forward to it then," he says jovially.

Arriving at her house, Lily tried to convince Severus to enter. But he refuses to saying he has matters to settle at his house.

She looks a little disappointed, but soon smiles and arranges to meet him while on vacation in his special place.

5