Chapter 09
434 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Spinner's End July 1973.

The orange sky indicating late afternoon, in a silent and dangerous street Severus walks lazily. Large parts of his biggest nightmares reside here. When he received his letter from Hogwarts at age 11, he remembers as if it were yesterday his excitement at being able to get out of this piece of the end of the world.

Staring at the facade of his house, he didn't flinch and opened the old, worn-looking door. It didn't seem to get grease in a long time if the dry creak means anything. A moment later, the small, dimly lit living room gives him an expression of disgust.

Broken glass on the floor, beer cans strewn everywhere, and a rotten smell of dry vomit. Severus knew he couldn't allow that situation to continue.

In favor of his grand plan, he gulped and ignored this bizarre scene. Heading to the kitchen, trying the hardest not to look at the sink and throw up. He opens the fridge and takes out a bottle of beer.

With a flick of his wand, he transfigures a hole in the can and pours a potion into it. Returning it intact to the fridge, he turns and goes to his room.

Lying on his back, arms crossed behind his head and a stoic expression. No one would know what's on his mind. A knock on his door distracts him, soon followed by an icy voice.

"I'm coming in," Eileen Prince, aka his 'mother' snaps at him sharply, "You're gonna behave yourself, boy? Your dad's almost here and I don't care about your childish tantrums, am I clear?"

"Hi to you to mom," he said with a weak smile.

A brief stunned expression appeared before it was buried in her cold mask. It had been a long time since Severus had referred to her as 'Mother'.

Staring at him for another good three seconds, she turned and walked away.

His plans would soon be put into effect, all he required of him now was to be discreet. The first step was taken and the second with luck would resolve itself tomorrow.

It wouldn't do to worry about it right now, with a wave of his wand he cast a lock spell on her door and closed his eyes.

In the morning the next day...

Leaky Cauldron July 2, 1973

Getting off the bus, Severus doesn't waste time and enters the establishment. Ignoring any distractions he uses the passage to enter the diagonal alley.

A moderate amount of people walk around him, he had to be discreet as a 13-year-old walking alone would be easy prey for those with bad intentions.

A few minutes later he finds himself inside Gringotts, walking with his head held high until he arrives at an available counter.

He looks up and stares at the goblin man who barely seems to mind his presence.

Clearing his throat to get attention Severus speaks "Excuse me, Sir. I'm Severus Tobias Snape and I have a mutual interest business. I know you goblins don't like to mess around and so I'll be straight to the point..."

Opening a briefcase he takes out a small piece of jewelry saying "I have a lot of other valuable objects and jewels that I can sell at low prices, easy gold for both of us. But for that, I need two Gringotts things. First, all our deals being made in the utmost secrecy, for the second, you open an account in my name as I am responsible for "

The goblin named Turg looked surprised at the boy's age and courage. Every word and gesture Turg considered coldly. The human cub appeared to have some backbone if he could say so. But his goblin pride at that time spoke louder and he snapped back.

"A business of mutual interest you say? Surely you understand that we goblins prefer gold to small talk. But you forgot one small detail... Which prevents me from reporting you to the authorities and from confiscating all your possessions for myself? Of course, all in the name of 'justice," he grinned with his last sneer.

Severus knew very well how risky it would be to do business with griffins, this sale of items is very suspicious. Any fool would realize that they come from dubious origins. He has thought beforehand of the possibility of trying to sell them on the black market, but the chances of being tricked or even kidnapped and killed are very high.

His clairvoyance told him to bet on a great truth about goblins.

Your greed for gold.

Opening a smile Severus said "True, you could certainly do that and I must say it would be a big mistake."

Raising an eyebrow the old goblin asked "Ohh?? And why would that be?"

"Where these beauties came from there are many more and of course I didn't bring them all with me. If you denounce me you would lose a lot of gold and we both know how pitiful that is," said Severus with a shrug.

The goblin stared at the little wizard for a moment longer before bursting into laughter. "Very well Mr. Snape. I think I like you, we will close a deal for the market price of the goods for 50% to each side."

50% was a robbery, but Severus expected worse so he agreed. The expansive briefcase along with the jewels and magic items in his possession came from the Hogwarts requirement room. 'Lucky' he was fantastic to discover the lost and found room.

Gathering the valuable items was even easier because his foresight helped him find the items useful for his endeavor.

"As for your two demands, it will be taken care of. All our agreements made in the confidentiality of contract..." said Turg handing a paper to Severus. "About opening an account, 100 galleons will be charged. Due to being underage, the fund limit is 10.000g, however, as you are responsible for the account, you can withdraw any interim amount at any time you wish."

Severus' smile of happiness risked reaching his never at that moment. "Sounds right to me...Er...Sir?" said Severus not knowing how to refer to the goblin

"Turg, you can just call me Turg. I smell gold on you Mr. Snape and I'm confident there is a future of business between us. If I may suggest, paying an extra 100 galleon fee you benefit from an expanded pocket. Expanded pockets. help with the process of removing Galleons from your vault and are safe as only you can use it."

"Very well, I'll do as you say, Turg. If possible take a look at these items and if you can find them I'll pay you commission for the search. Don't mind the price of the items, if you find them send them to me when you can." Severus said delivering a list.

Little did they know that this was the beginning of a great 'friendship'.

5