Chapter 10
424 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the morning somewhere near Cokeworth.

Finished running, Severus Snape finishes his workout goal for the day. He sits on the lawn in the woods to catch his breath as he wipes the sweat running down his forehead. Though his body felt tired, a surge of strength burst from his chest at the prospect of change. The big difference between the new and old Severus is not only their new abilities, but also their hopes.

He is confident he can change his life if he does his best. Enjoying the beautiful singing of the birds, the sound of the leaves moving in the trees due to the wind, he gets up and goes back towards the small stream.

Taking off his clothes, he settles them on a high stone at the edge and without hesitation jumps into the icy waters. That feeling of water on his skin did wonders to his body, like a hug so deserved after an effort.

Drying himself with a towel from a bag, he puts on new, clean clothes, soon after storing the sweat-stained ones. He felt amazing.

Now he doesn't need to wear that set of old rags, his visit last week in Gringotts had already given him this pleasure.

Ignoring this brief contemplation, he heads towards his meeting for the day. A small cluster of houses could be seen and a small smile threatened to split his face.

#Lily's Pov#

Petunia knew perfectly well how to ruin Lily's day, all she knew how to do is point out how unfair her parents' treatment is, and that she is a freak. After so many years Lily got used to ignoring it when everything couldn't seem to get any worse, life proved otherwise.

Petunia's shrill, a furious voice sounded, "Mommy, it's not fair! Lily can bring her freak friend over at will. But when I ask to bring my boyfriend I can't?"

"We've talked about it, Petunia dear. Your father and I don't like that guy, he doesn't seem like a good character and he could end up hurting you. You should take things calmly and get to know him better before deciding if he's your boyfriend" Adrea says.

In a snarl of fury, Petunia says, "I already told you, Vernon is a good man and we both love each other. Why don't you ever listen to me?"

With a tiring sigh, Mrs. Evan tries to explain again, but before that, a familiar face is seen through the kitchen door.

Lily ran quickly screaming, "Sev, I thought you forgot to have lunch with us. You have no idea what you would have missed, Mom makes a delicious bubble and squeak. You'll love it!"

Severus took the opportunity and gave her a quick, innocent hug. Now, Lily got used to her friend's contacts and could tell she liked it.

Looking in more detail at Severus' appearance. Lily was surprised by the new clothes. Sure, they weren't fancy or branded, but she'd never seen him without those rags or his old school clothes.

"The white color looks good on you, Sev dear" Adrea commented on the new shirt.

"Er...Thanks, Ms. Evans, it's a pleasure to see you again, and thanks for the invitation." Severus turned to Petunia and, "It's a pleasure to see you too, Petunia. I hope we can get along well"

Petunia not understanding how that freak seemed to have become something decent. She said, "What went wrong with you freak? Where did you get the money for those clothes? See, Mom? You say bad things about Vernon, but it's clear the freak has been stealing."

Mrs. Evans gives Petunia a quick look of disapproval and silences her. Severus calmly explains, "My mother has been saving some savings from potions sales and she bought me some clothes."

Ignoring the animosities cast by petunia. Severus was talking to the Evans family, Mr. Evans arrived around lunchtime and they seemed happy to have him as a guest.

After being satisfied with the meal and a brief rest, Lily and Severus decided to go to the park together. The special place just for the two of them, in that little piece of heaven where there was no pressure of the world on their shoulders.

Lying side by side they enjoy each other's silence. Lily had been trying for days to confess something to her friend. She couldn't tell as was afraid of his reaction.

Just the thought of telling that secret made her imagine his well-known frown.

Severus, realizing something was wrong, asked, "What's wrong, Lily? What's been troubling that pretty head of yours?"

A little flushed from the slight teasing, she said,

"Er...well nothing! Just thinking..."

Severus looking at Lily's indecision decided not to force her.

Lily thankful, didn't know what to feel. Severus was a gentleman and didn't press her on the matter. Truth be told, in the past if he found her hiding something, he'd push her to the end of time.

She loves their friendship, but Severus has always been a bit sticky in this regard. He wanted to control who she was friends with or to know everything about her. Was he… needy?

Everything he made her feel now is defined by one word… comforting.

Getting up from the ground Severus said, "It's getting quite late and I have to go now, Lily. When you want to tell me what's going on, I'm all ears." Hugging he said goodbye.

when she saw his dark-haired friend's back walking away, only something came to his mind.

'Can I tell him?'

5