Chapter 11
456 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Returning home, Severus is happy for the great day spent with Lily and her family. As he approaches the old house he has the feeling that a storm is approaching.

"Looks like the time has come," muttered Severus to himself.

Opening the door he heard the crash of a vase being broken on the wall. There was his bogeyman, "I ALREADY TALKED WOMAN! You did some weird magic, I don't care what it was, just undo it NOW!" snapped Tobias as he grabbed Eileen's hand.

Eileen horrified with fear pleads, "I…I didn't do anything, I'm sorry Tobias. I swear I didn't do anything."

Not satisfied with the answer Tobias pushes Eileen backward to the ground.

"Wasn't it you? DON'T COME WITH THAT! I've been trying to drink my beer in peace since earlier and everything I put in my mouth... TASTES TO PISS!" Tobias yelled.

"Yo... you broke my wand a long time ago, Tobias. I can't use magic anymore..." crying Eileen continued, "Please let me do something to fix it... It must be a problem with the beer, no it's my fault"

Without mercy, Tobias grabbed Eileen's cheeks to look into her eyes and yelled...

"LIAR! You're guilty! If it wasn't for you everything in my life would be wonderful and now you've managed to ruin the last good thing I had in her!"

Clearing his throat Severus interrupted, "It was me!", With cold eyes, he stared fearlessly at that monster. "And before you say anything, I want to say how sorry I am for you! You are pathetic!"

Like a predator looking for its prey, Tobias came running towards Severus. Eileen tried to grab her shirt sleeve to stop him and yelled "NO TOBIAS! IT WAS ME! ​​Leave him out of this!" She begged, but in vain he continued.

"I'M GOING TO MAKE YOU RESPECT ME BOY! I've been very gentle in your upbringing." When he was almost within Severus' range...

It was frozen in place.

"Ma...magic? You can't do magic kid, you're underage." shuddering with rage he ordered, "GIVE ME YOUR WAND! I'll chop her up and you'll never go back to that freak school!"

Not caring about his demands, Severus looked Tobias in the eye and said, "You are partially correct, no minor can do magic in the muggle world. The only exception being when one of the parents is a wizard and a detail... Even if my mother hasn't used magic for a long time she's still a witch. This house is registered as her residence and I can do magic under her supervision "

"DON'T FUCK WITH ME! I'll finish you off when I get out of here." He scrambled to get rid of the ropes that tie his ankles and wrists.

#Severus's Pov#  A few seconds ago

Earlier when Severus saw his father coming towards him, with a quick flick of his wand he transfigured a rope and bound him.

Now that the coward is at his mercy he is strangely not happy about it. Though his petty self is amused by the idea, he now only thinks about the consequences. He knows he has to be firm in his approach to his protection.

"Listen now, you old idiot! We have new rules in this house and the first is that you will be kicked out! You have no right to stay a second longer in this house and if I find you sneaking around I will hurt you, you understand me ?" Severus said.

A rope snapped around Tobias's neck and tightened during his son's poisonous words. With a flick of his wand and using a self-created spell "Levicorpus", his body was levitated. 

The last sound Tobias heard was the dry sound of the door closing in his face.

Severus didn't want to make it go that far, but he knew it was necessary to frighten Tobias away, even if only for a few days. Buying time for your preparations.

Looking at his mother, who was looking at him fearfully, made his conscience feel awful. Years of being assaulted and living under the same roof as a violent, overbearing man like Tobias left scars far deeper than just the physical wounds on her body.

Severus reaches out to comfort her, but seeing her shiver, he backs away. No words were needed to say how uncomfortable she was in his presence, deciding to give her space, he turned and went to his room.

Alone in his room, he shook his head, contemplating the latest developments. From the beginning Severus knew that crooked paths awaited him, the potion made just him see an opportunity for change. Although he now feels terrible, he knows that all of this is necessary for the greater good.

Opening his storage bag, Severus pulls out a tarot deck. For the past few weeks, he has been studying fortune-telling. With his new clairvoyant abilities, it would be almost a sin not to explore such an exoteric art.

Before, he thought the subject was a pure waste of time, a class he certainly wouldn't be taking at Hogwarts next year. Divination is only done for those who were born with the gift, Severus seemed to be the only exception to this rule, after all, he received this potential recently.

Closing his eyes he concentrates, that sensation seemed to make his hands move by themselves. Holding 4 cards, he opens his eyes and frowns. With the help of his newly purchased book, Severus tries to interpret the meaning.

The magician; The sun; The hermit; the moon.

Checking it several times, Severus came up with two interpretations, and somehow he knew they were both correct.

The magician refers to the deceiver and magic itself. The sun, illumination, and revelation. The hermit, caution, and alert. The moon, hidden enemies, or nocturnal dangers.

The first interpretation was:

 He would have great illumination in his magic (The Mage and The Sun), but be wary (The Hermit) as there are hidden enemies (The Moon).

The second was:

 Someone will try to deceive him through a false revelation (The Wizard and the Sun) and he must be wary of a night trap (The Hermit and the Moon).

Perplexed Severus frowns again. He knows it's no use worrying about something that hasn't happened yet, but one thing both prophecies say is...

Be wary.

5