Chapter 12
468 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days have passed since that turbulent night. The dark-haired youth's life now consisted of three things, physical exercise, divination, and magic practice.

Standing and facing the door as if expecting a visit, Severus looks a bit distracted...

He had found some interesting books on his last visit to the diagonal alley and could say with certainty that his money hadn't been wasted.

Guided by his clairvoyance, Severus found a gem rare among so many books. Occlumency, such a fascinating subject and at the same time prohibited by the ministry. Prohibitions like this always made him wonder, what was wrong with the ministry? They are stupid?

Another welcome surprise was his great talent in this field. He didn't know how long it would take others to learn, but something told him his learning speed wasn't normal.

Coming back from his daydreams...

Before any sign, he opens the door and finds a stunned wizard, and says, "Finally, I've been waiting for your arrival! I need all the spells done as soon as possible." Severus handed over a paper and continued, "here is the contract specifying the order"

Oliver Wood, a new employee hired by Gringotts in their enchantment endeavors. To say he wasn't impressed with the young man was an understatement, he wondered, a seer?

"Maybe," said Severus and smiled at Oliver's embarrassment at having been read so easily.

"Thank you for hiring our services Mr. Snape, I'll be brief to sort everything out. Just to confirm, do you want base-level protection and Muggle repellent applied to this residence?" asked Oliver now seriously.

"Well that's what's written right there, isn't it?" Severus replied, slightly amused.

Oliver apologizes, "I'm sorry Mr. Snape. Standard procedure I have to go through. That was a taped question in support of this contract."

"Oh, sure! I understand. Anyway, feel free and I'll sort my things out," said Severus.

After Tobias left that house, Severus had to ensure the safety of his mother and himself. He could try studying enchantment, of course... But it would take too long and he wanted to concentrate on subjects that would give him short-term battle power.

The price is high, but the benefits are worth it. This investment cost about 1/3 of his gallons, but luckily that doesn't worry him as he has many other projects in mind.

# Severus's Pov# Time Skip

The holidays were very productive for the young wizard. Occlumency, spells, transfiguration, potions, and his physical body made significant leaps.

He was no longer that skinny figure, his appearance now resembles that of a healthy young man with slightly understated muscles.

Looking at the beautiful young woman beside him, all Severus wanted to do was kiss her. But he wasn't a fool, if he tries now something, everything could go from bad to worse. He needs to wait for the perfect opportunity, as the saying goes...

Patience is not the ability to wait but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.

And he would be the good boy for now.

"What are you thinking Sev?" asked Lily curious about her friend's expression.

Severus wiping the smirk off his face responds, "Oh, nothing! Just a potions book that I just remembered"

Lily disbelievingly looked at him skeptically but decided to ignore it. On that occasion, she had decided to tell Severus what had been bothering her all summer.

Lily hesitantly tried to explain, "Sev, well... Er... I need to tell you something... I know you can be angry about this and with good reason..."

Severus didn't know where this conversation would go, but he didn't like the feeling.

"...you know Marauders...well...Er...They're not the best people. Or rather, they're horrible. But I'd like you to rethink one of them... Because I kind of befriended one of them... But I swear, Remus isn't like the other toerag, he's a nice guy and the poor guy is always sick... "Lily said as at that moment something clicked in Severus' mind.

When Lily said the name 'Remus', the image of the letter, The Moon, that he had taken that night came to mind. After studying occlumency, Severus' memory improved even more. And he knew that Remus' 'sickness' periods always coincided with the days of the full moon.

"Hey, are you listening to me Sev??" She asked the pale-looking young man.

"Oooh, of course! Well... I can't say I'm happy to know that... But who am I to control who you choose as a friend? But just out of curiosity... How by Merlin's beard did this friendship begin? " Severus asked with a strained smile.

"Funny you should ask... well... You know my herbology classes are with Hufflepuff students... Professor Sprout asked us to pair up and you're not part of the class... And I kinda that I made friends with him when we had classes together... He's a nice guy and says he regrets all the things the rascals did to you" Lily kept talking and Severus was once again distracted by ignoring her.

All that was going through Severus' head at that moment was 'Did it have to be a fucking werewolf? why not a unicorn or a bunny?'

Sometimes he wonders how he went to fall in love with a Gryffindor girl. They took a kind of masochistic pleasure from jumping at any chance of danger and Lily has now once again honored the house motto. Even if she doesn't know, of course!

Worst of all, Lily would never believe him if he said that right away. She would think he just wanted to control her friendship. So he felt compelled to smile and look as relaxed as possible about the situation.

With Lily's ramblings ignored in the background, a sign of weariness came from Severus and he whispered to himself:

"Crazy things we do for love"

[Author's note: Before everyone wonders... No, Remus won't be forgiven that easily.

Severus will make his life hell without Lily noticing it and with a supposed tone of kindness.

ALL MAROUS WILL RECEIVE THEIR PENANCE!

This friendship between Remus and Lily will be one of the motivations that drive the plot in the future.

Remus at some point in the distant future will have his redemption, I kind of feel sorry for his condition of turning into a werewolf since he was a kid.

Although he doesn't actively participate in the Marauders' intimidation against Severus, he still doesn't do anything to change that. That's why he still suffers a little at Severus' hands.

Don't doubt that!

This is the last chapter of the introductory arc. Now the whole plot will start, the beginning of the 3rd year all things will heat up and Severus will demonstrate why this story is called "Rise of the Half-blood Prince".

Hope you enjoyed my story so far and leave your comments about your opinions on what I could improve.]

6