Chapter 13
443 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lily's House, September 1, 1973

"Good morning Mrs. Evans. I hope I'm not late," says Severus.

Approaching, Adria says, "Ohh, dear Sev. Don't worry, you know how Lily takes time to get ready. Now she must be going over it for the umpteenth time if she hasn't forgotten anything."

Severus chuckled and nodded his head in agreement.

Loud footsteps were heard on the stairs and a familiar voice sounded "Mom, did you see those white panties of mine? I looked everywhere..." Lily when she saw Severus, transfixed with embarrassment, didn't know what to say next.

Though it was silly, Lily was taught to be a 'respectable girl'. And commenting on an intimate piece around her male friend made her shy.

Of course, a part of her doesn't mind these boring rules of decorum. But, out of respect for her parents, that part of her was pushed deep inside of herself.

Leaving no opportunity for Severus to say anything, Lily ran back to the bedroom.

Severus, as a healthy and hormonal teenager, couldn't help but imagine Lily wearing said clothes. And he cursed internally.

'Merlin, fuck hormones!'

Using occlumency to calm himself, he quickly regained his composure. Turning his gaze, he finds Mrs. Evans' eyes looking at him. A critical look, as if she was studying him, and then she laughs.

Hearing Mrs. Evans chuckle, he decided to keep silent.

The sound of the stairs sounded once more and a gangly Lily pulling her bags appeared.

Severus soon makes himself available and helps her carry them.

"Thanks, Sev. You're an angel!" Lily thanked him.

When the three arrive at the garage, they find Mr. Evans with the hood of his car open and checking the oil.

Mrs. Evans asks, "Will you be long, dear?"

Closing the car's hood, Mr. Evans says "All set! We can go now."

With Lily and Severus in the backseat, they hit the road.

"Oh, you are so cute!" Lily pokes an owl's cage.

Severus laughed at seeing this and said "I think you're scaring Zeus"

Filling her cheeks with indignation, Lily turned her attention to 'Zeus', the owl Severus had recently purchased. Since Lily first saw him, she had pestered Severus to see him.

"Don't listen to him, Zeus. I know you love me too!" He spoke to the redhead girl passionately.

Cheerful, Severus comments: "Zeus is a good boy, quiet and fast. I think that's why we get along well, we're efficient."

Looking at Severus, Lily scoffed amusedly, "Very well, 'Mister Efficient', now tell me, have you been exchanging letters with anyone?" 

With a look of smugness, he replies with his head cocked. "Of course, in case you didn't know, I now have friends too. And before you ask, No! They're not Slytherin!"

Last semester, Lily heard rumors that Severus was talking and helping students from another house. She didn't believe it when she first heard it and forgot to ask him.

Excited and curious, she asked, "And who are they?"

"Well, you can meet them in person, can't you? How about we share a cabin on the train?" Severus asked.

Lily was undecided at the time, she really wanted to meet them, but had already arranged with her friend Mary to go together.

"...Er...I really wanted to, Sev. But I've already arranged with Mary to go together..." Before Lily could finish Severus cut her off.

"Nonsense, you can call Mary too. There's room for one more," said a confident Severus.

Lily soon brightened, she hadn't considered the idea before, because with so much stupid fighting between Gryffindor and Slytherin that she unconsciously forgot the possibility.

" I'm in!" Lily's smile seemed to want to split her face thinking about the possibility of Severus befriending Mary.

Smiling innocently, Severus' thoughts reorganized:

'Making 'friendship' is really useful, as I predicted...all for the greater good!'

-------x-------x-------x-------x-------

Hogwarts Express, September 1, 1973.

"Anything off trolley, dear?" The woman who works on the Honeydukes Express offered.

Navi says, "Two cauldron cakes and 3 licorice wands, please"

As agreed, Severus, Lily, and the others settled into a free cabin. Lily wanted to buy some candy but she looked undecided.

Severus understood her! Like him, Lily came from Cokeworth, although her family was better off financially... Let's say she didn't spend much.

"Please give me the stack of cauldron cake and 5 chocolate frogs," said Severus.

Lily looked at Severus suspiciously, "Sev...that's too much...Are you sure?"

"Don't worry, Lily. As I said before. My mother went back to brewing potions and got some money. I helped her over the summer and I have my savings." Severus assured.

"Here…" said Severus as he handed each a chocolate frog, "Everyone opens yours, I want to see everyone's luck"

Mary hesitantly thanks and Lily continues to stare at the dark-haired young man.

Ignoring Lily's gaze, Severus smiled saying, "And I also want your help with these cauldron cakes, Lily. It's too much for me to eat alone."

Staring at him for a few more seconds, she sighs and accepts.

While everyone got to know each other, they laughed and joked. Severus was worried about something in his head. He had recently seen Avery and Mulciber in the train corridor. They had seen Severus along with Lily and the Gryffindor girl.

Nothing good would come out of this...

Forgetting about that for the moment, he actively participated in the conversation. Mary, Lily's friend, seemed hesitant to speak to Severus. It seems that the animosity between the houses made her distrust him... well... at least at first.

"Merlin, Haha are you kidding me" Mary laughed at Severus.

"I'm serious, after that I spent 2 weeks reeking of gnome pee," Severus said of a potion that went wrong his first year.

Mary and others laughed at his misfortune. Severus made a mock face before laughing along with them.

Steve the Hufflepuff, enjoying the moment of laughter, asked, "What do you think about everyone here going to Hogsmead together? The third-year can visit and there's a lot of cool stuff there, what do you think, huh? "

Everyone liked the idea and agreed on the day.

Making small talk.

Navi remembers something and says, "You haven't opened your chocolate frog yet Severus, it's not fair that we're just unlucky enough to catch Burdok or Peakes."

"Okay," Severus takes the chocolate frog and opens it. With a stoic look, the dark-haired young man looks at the card. The face imprinted there is well known for.

Albus Dumbledore.

Steve says, "Ohhh, what luck!"

Severus still looking at the letter, mutters under his breath.

"Merlin help me"

5