Chapter 15
431 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gryffindor male dormitory, September 7, 1973.

"Prongs, you look awful dude. You know she's just a girl, eh?" Sirus asks.

A dejected James replied, "Ohhh, thanks for letting me know the obvious. And for your information, Lily isn't like other girls...She's different."

Skeptic Sirius replied, "I know... if by 'different' you mean she's not crushing on you, you're right... Merlin, you could have any girl James. You're the fucking Gryffindor chaser, any girl is spilling at your feet."

"You don't understand, Padfoot. Lily likes me, I know she does... It must be that disgusting Snivillus that keeps manipulating her mind. That disgusting dark arts lover..." Taking a moment to recover from Angry, James continues: "He's up to something, you've seen yourself how weird he's been lately, or rather weirder than his 'normal'" James commented the last part mockingly.

"I have to agree with you on that, but the most frustrating thing is that we followed him with his cape last semester and…nothing" Sirius commented dejectedly, as if his favorite toy hadn't worked as specified by the manufacturer.

James with a disgusted face assured, "He's faking it, Padfoot. In an hour the snake will reveal his true intentions and when that happens we'll be there to unmask him."

Sirius' face soon brightened.

Truth be told, even if he never admits it... Something inside Sirius Black perked up to see the Slytherin suffering. And fighting for 'justice' was just the icing on the cake... It wouldn't be the same if Severus behaves like a good guy.

The bedroom door opens and a boy with a chubby physique enters.

"Sirius, why did you kiss Mia? You know she's my friend!", Peter says, The boy known to be shy and fearful spoke with rare anger.

Sirius stunned by surprise tried to understand the situation.

"Mia? mia, mia, mia, aaaahh remember!" Sirius mumbles and then says with an inflated ego, "You know how Wormtail is sometimes hard to contain my charm, sometimes girls jump into my arms even without me to want"

Peter shivers, his eyes seem to want to water. Without saying a word he just stood there.

Sirius seeing his friend's strange behavior decided to defuse the situation, "It's going to be okay, Wormtail. We're friends, aren't we? I didn't know you liked her."

Wormtail still standing, didn't believe Sirius. The chubby boy had a crush on, Mia. It was impossible for Sirius not to know, almost whenever he had the opportunity, Peter would enthusiastically comment on Mia.

James interjected, "Don't be so serious, Wormtail. It was a small thing and Padfoot didn't mean to. Our friendship is bigger than that, isn't it?"

Peter was very angry, he had everything to hate and want nothing more with Sirius and James. But he was a coward, the fear of losing the friendship was greater than his fury at that moment. The fear of being alone, of being abandoned, and ending up being intimidated by others made him swallow his pride at that moment.

"Er...of course, we're good friends" replies Wormtail in a weak tone, almost whispering.

----x----x----x----x----x----x----x----x----x----

Slytherin common room, 7 September 1973

Returning from the owlery, Severus walks towards his dormitory. He had sent a letter to Eileen, making sure she was okay.

Things between them had been a little weird ever since that night Severus expelled Tobias. Fortunately, little by little they understood each other better, still far from ideal, but progress anyway.

Footsteps were heard. Severus didn't even have to look back to know who it was, his foreknowledge will have warned him a long time ago. The brave Slytherin decided not to run away from this encounter, he had long known it was inevitable to persist for a long time.

"Look who we've got here! Where's that mudblood friend of yours, Severus? You two seem so close lately... Look at you, sharing a cabin with the Gryffindors, mingling with the mudbloods, what's next? move to Gryffindor dorms?" Avery commented mockingly.

Mulciber in a serious tone says, "Look, I'm not here to judge your relationship with mudblood. You're not the first to want to have some fun, but understand that you shouldn't get attached to it... Have fun with it. her body as much as you like, but you must be aware of where your priorities lie."

Severus unaffected says, "Don't waste my time, just say what you want"

"Oh, nothing.. Just a warning from a good friend, someone as skilled as you falling out of favor with a mudblood would be a shame... You can have an unlimited future... Power, fame, and glory, all in your hands. Just make sure you're on the right side so you don't regret it later..." said Mulciber as he walked away along with Avery, leaving Severus alone in the common room.

A sneer appeared on Severus' lips, it was funny to hear the 'advice' from his supposed 'friends'. They think they're so important, but they don't realize that for their 'merciful' master... They're not even worth the air they breathe, simple pieces that can be easily forgotten and replaced. Severus is not interested in playing the game under the rules of those who put him on a leash.

Not.

He still remembers that night when Dumbledore looked him in the eye during the selection. That kind-looking old man hides someone so dark if not even more so than the supposed 'dark lord'.

Be it the 'Light' side or the Dark side...

Severus doesn't choose any of them.

He chooses to be a player... All for the greater good after all.

5