Chapter 22
373 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gryffindor female dormitory, September 19, 1973.

After curfew, some Gryffindor girls decided to get together for a girl's moment. Beauty talks and snacks were not lacking.

"Mary, you have to tell me what you do to your hair, it's always so soft." Says Marlene as she helps Mary with her hairdo.

Pretending to be jealous, Jessica said, "It's not fair! She keeps her secrets from us, I want to know too, Mary."

Amused by their drama, Mary replies, "Well, I just wash using muggle shampoos. I don't like wizard hygiene products very much, not that they're bad, but muggles hygiene products are better in my view."

Everyone in the room stares at Mary as if they don't believe her.

"Mary, I also use muggle products, and my hair isn't as soft as yours" points out Lily.

"Me too," adds Jennifer.

They all stare at Mary again, before Marlene jokingly says, "If she doesn't want to talk, so be it..." Pausing, she continued with a smirk: "Now that we're all settled, why not get to the fun part of the night?"

Jennifer says excitedly, "Do you know what this is?"

"It's obvious to talk about boys," excited Jessica replies.

The girls laugh at Jessica, and Lily says, "As usual Jessica is the most anxious when it comes to boys."

"What can I do? I'm sincere," says Jessica, before sighing in love and saying: "Aahhh, Roger and me, are made for each other. Just thinking about him makes me..." She shudders in a blush.

Horrified, Lily said, "Merlin, he's 3 years older than us Jessica."

Mary asks, "What happened to last year's Fabian?"

Stunned by the question, Jessica explains: "Fabian is a good man, but things weren't supposed to work out..." She stops and continues in a silly voice: "Roger and I have a connection."

All stare blankly at the girl, who seems to have a different target each time.

Jennifer remembers something and says in a mischievous tone, "Now that I remember, Mary. Since last year Sirius has been trying to win you over," taking a dramatic pause, she teases, "Why not share some juicy news with us, huh?"

Mortified, Mary says, "Merlin, I'd rather drop dead than be with that rascal! If he's thinking I'm going to be another one of those he gets and then throws away ...He can forget about it."

"What's the matter Mary, it's just a little fun" explains Jessica smiling.

"This is never going to happen!" says Mary.

Lily came to her friend Mary's defense: "Leave her alone girls! She doesn't have to be with Sirius and I can say I agree with her decision. Sirius has a reputation for being a womanizer and I don't want him to get involved with my friend!"

Mary, listening to her best friend's defense, smiles at her.

"Ohh? Well if she doesn't know what's good for her…" Jennifer shrugs and says, "Whatever!"

After that, the night is still full of gossip about boys, and the girls looked excited.

Changing the subject, Marlene says what has been bugging her all week: "I still can't believe as that disgusting Slytherin dared to cheat in the fight against James."

Marlene is known for having a crush on James, she was always jealous of the attention the boy had for Lily. When she saw 'her James' being humiliated by Severus, she was furious and wanted to comfort the marauder.

"Yes, I heard he was using dark magic to cheat." Confirm Jessica.

Furious, Lily exclaimed, "How absurd! Everyone saw that the professor praised Severus, and said he fought fair and without dark magic."

"Calm down Lily, I'm just saying what the rumors say," Jessica explained with a shrug.

"But she tells the truth, Lily! I heard the boys saying that James was cursed with dark magic before the fight and that's why he didn't fight with all his might," said Jennifer in a serious tone.

"Of course James wouldn't lose to that pathetic Slytherin," Marlene explains as if it's obvious.

Lily shudders in anger at Marlene's contempt, recovering she says in a mocking tone: "I bet these rumors came from the Marauders, they're just sore losers! Severus won fair and was superior in the fight."

"Hey, I've put up with it so far because we're 'friends', but you always seem to come to the defense of that future Death Eater," said Marlene with anger and indignation before continuing, "James is always so sweet to you, and yet you do not appreciate it... The way you do it, it looks like you would choose Severus between the two."

Before Lily could respond, Jennifer said, "Lily, I'm not saying this out of prejudice, but out of concern. You have to be careful with that Slytherin, he's not to be trusted!"

Looking at Mary, Jessica says, "Tell her Mary! You and Lily are friends, put some sense into her head."

Mary shivered a little awkwardly, before saying, "Er... Well, Severus isn't so bad! I met him with Lily and it doesn't seem to be true what people think of him."

"Merlin's beard, what's going on with you two? says Jessica without understanding.

Not deigning to respond, Lily stood up and pulled Mary's arms saying, "Let's go, Mary. If they can't have a minimum of decency and respect my friend... I don't need to stay here, will you come with me?"

Smiling Mary replies: "Of course!"

The two leave and leave the other Gryffindors angry at their actions.

"Who those two think they are," says Marlene with venom.

"Let them go bad, at least we warned them," says Jennifer as if she's been kind.

And so the party came to an end.

5