Chapter 29
337 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Being unconscious, a boy finds himself on the cold floor of a room. A long time ago the damage due to the flames had been repaired and only now Severus starts to wake up.

Sitting up and placing his hand on his head he says to himself, "Merlin, what was that? The headache is unbearable."

Looking around and seeing if everything is in place, he takes out his wand and uses 'Tempus' to see how long he's been in that state. A total of 4 hours have passed, it is now late at night and the curfew was hours ago. Having found his potions bag, he drinks a Pepperup Potion [4 hours on the cold floor] and then asks for a place to lie down for Room of Requirements.

A bed appears in the middle, the walls start to move and everything changes. A room with a fireplace and a distinguished appearance is in front of Severus. But he doesn't care about the view and just throws himself on the bed.

Severus would never think of almost killing himself by his own spell, the exhaustion was unbearable and caution would be needed from now on. First, no fire spells until he had good control, When he fell unconscious the danger of being caught in his own flames was significant. And second, be careful about ingesting too many potions. After all, until the present moment, Severus is still limited to access the MCA.

[MCA: Magic Calculation Area]

A small glimmer of power was delivered into his hands. Except for monsters like Voldemort and Dumbledore, if he used that impulse at the right moment, Severus could easily end the fight.

Now all that's left is to rest, tomorrow would be the visit to Hogsmeade and Severus wants to find himself in good condition.

Closing his eyes he falls asleep.

...

Ministry of Magic, a period before October 11, 1973.

"How were the tests?" asks Leo Charlton, head of the Potions Association.

"The tables show improvements and the results were satisfactory," says an intern.

"Merlin, this is going to be great!" Leo said, surprised by the findings and a slight frown comes over his face.

"We are still in the observation period, but everything indicates that there are no significant side effects." Add the intern.

"I have to notify Prime Minister Eugenia immediately," said Leo before turning his attention to the other man in the room and asking. "Any progress in getting any information from Gringotts?"

Nervous by the question, a short, bald man replies, "Er... I'm sorry, Mr. Charlton. Gringotts refuses to give any information." Seeing Leo's frown, the man shudders and tries to compensate: "The only information I have is that this mystery person is under contractual protection and all recipes sent are recorded as his authorship under a pseudonym."

Still frowning, Leo says, "That's not enough, I want you to find me this guy!" Leo adds in a serious tone: "I will report all this to the Minister and I hope you do not let me down in this matter."

"Er...Yes! You can count on me~" replied the scared man.

"Very well!" Rising from his chair, Leo left the office towards the elevators.

Coming in front of a large door, He takes a breath and then opens it in a rush of courage. Inside the room, Leo finds the Undersecretary and asks for a meeting with the Minister.

"Prime Minister Eugenia, it is a pleasure to see you again! I have asked for a meeting regarding a matter that I believe will be of interest to you." Leo said in his usual flattering tone.

"Leo Charlton, head of the ministry's small branch, potion association," he quoted Eugenia before warning: "I hope this matter is really noteworthy, as I had to postpone an appointment for this meeting."

"Er... Don't worry, Minister." Leo hands over a paper before saying, "Two months ago our department received a letter proposing a new potion, along with a book that teaches new techniques in several other recipes."

Seeing the Minister's displeased face at having found the subject common, Leo doesn't care and keeps saying.

"So far all normal...But when we checked the sender, the name used was a pseudonym. With that, we almost threw out the notes, but out of sheer derision, we tried some of the instructions... And surprisingly all of that is real."

An eyebrow rose from the minister, what sense of wanting to regulate a potion under a pseudonym? Very tin! Potions masters spend years trying to make discoveries and when they do, they want recognition at all costs.

"Even though this is weird, I don't see the need for it to come to my attention. This guy didn't want to be identified and that's his choice," says Eugenia neutrally, not understanding Leo's urgency.

"It's not just that Minister," handing over another paper, Leo says, "Read page two!"

Picking up the papers, Eugenia reads and her eyes widen. She quickly asks, "Merlin, is this true? Now I can understand why this guy didn't want to be identified."

"I understand a little too. But we can't let things go on like this, we have to find him," said Leo.

After some thought, Eugenia says, "Okay, you're in charge of finding him and letting me know if you find anything!"

Leo humbly bows and says, "As you wish, Prime Minister."

At that moment, if someone watches closely. A strange look flickers over Leo, the corners of his lips lift discreetly and he whispers low:

"I will surely find you!"

...

Morning in the main hall of Hogwarts, October 11, 1973.

Third-year students huddle in groups at tables and talk uninterruptedly. Today would be the first visit to Hogsmeade and everyone is very excited.

But something different had happened after the arrival of the owls, everyone was whispering about a single subject.

Daily Prophet.

Rita Skeeter, reports;

AFTER ALL, WHO IS THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE?

My dear readers, it has come to my recent knowledge that a mysterious potions master was responsible for enormous contributions worthy of an order from Merlin. But you might be wondering, what did he do? And why doesn't he identify himself?

The answer is...

He not only created a potion that has now been approved and tested by the Ministry. But he also published on his behalf a book with various tips and modifications on potions techniques.

And the news does not stop there my dears, due to the benefits of the potion he is considered to receive an order from Merlin 3rd class. The unnamed potion works by helping the nervous system's recovery process and can be used in St. Mundungus to treat victims of the Cruciatus curse.

That's right! An incredible discovery! The Cruciatus curse that has long left countless people with side effects can now be treated! Many Aurors will benefit from recovering from old injuries they suffered against dark wizards.

Now, who is this Potions Master who goes by the pseudonym, The Half-Blood Prince? Even with so much lack of information, I investigated a little about it...

The only information I found out was that he has very close contact with Gringotts, the goblins refuse to reveal information about the Half-Blood Prince and appear to be under a privacy contract.

As soon as new information is obtained, I guarantee to let everyone know.

For those who want to know more information about the new potion read on page 12.

Gossip about the possible identity of the Half-Blood Prince, Page 6.

More information on treating Cruciatus victims, page 7.

5