Chapter 30
354 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gryffindor common room, 11th October 1973.

On the way to the main hall, Lily and Mary talk. After the argument they had that night with the Gryffindor girls, the two got even closer.

"I can't believe Marlene is telling lies about me behind my back!" Furious, Lily wanted to make the girl respect her the Muggle way, with a good slap in her face.

Lily may have a good heart, but people should think twice about lying about her. The redhead has a strong temper and doesn't take it easy.

"It doesn't pay to bother with her, Lily. Most everyone knows what she says isn't true," assures Mary.

"Even so, to say that I keep deceiving Potter? What day did I give him some hope? I'd rather drop dead than be with that Toerag!" Said Lily, outraged.

"Don't worry Lilly! If I hear her telling this nonsense, you won't have to do anything, because I'll shut the bitch up myself." Assures Mary.

Lily couldn't help but laugh at Mary's suggestion, "Thank you, Mary! I don't know what I would be without your friendship, your support helps me a lot."

"Don't even mention it, I know you would do the same for me!" Mary replied.

In the main hall, the two now approach a table until they hear a voice calling.

"Wait, Evans," said James desperately.

This insistence from James had become a routine. At breakfast, he would try to talk to her, but only to be rejected.

The young Gryffindor chaser grins irritatingly and says, "It's really too bad I can't go to Hogsmead with you today, Evans."

Uncomprehending, Lily says, "Does carrying dragon dung affect your mind, Potter? What day did I say I want to go with you to Hogsmeade? Or anywhere?"

James was angry at the mention of 'dragon dung' but soon caught himself and brooded. He and Sirius have tried everything to make the stench go away, but nothing seems to work. They even wonder if they're cursed, dragon dung stinks, but it shouldn't last that long.

Sirius, who has just arrived in the lobby, approaches and says with a smile: "How lucky I am to find the most beautiful flower in this castle in front of me"

Mary is not bothered by Sirius' words. Given the Marauders' recent behavior and Sirius' womanizing past. She felt a certain dislike for the group, except for Remus, of course.

Both used to that situation, make their usual response to the subject.

They ignore it and withdraw.

Sitting at the table, Lily chatted with Mary: "I sometimes wonder when Potter will stop his delusions."

Mary, who reads the daily prophet absentmindedly, replies without looking at Lily: "Someday he must realize."

"May Merlin helps this day come soon," said Lily.

Realizing how tense Lily looked...

"Relax a little, Lily. You don't want wrinkles anytime soon, do you?" said Mary jokingly.

Stunned, Lily nodded and said, "You're right! Today let's just forget about everything and have fun."

With a smile, Mary says, "That's the spirit! It's good to take some time off just to talk about random things. Get out of that study/problem rut, you know?"

"Yes, you really are wise, Mary" praises Lily sincerely.

With false presumption, Mary lifts her nose up and says, "Of course I am!"

Lily started laughing at her friend's act. Mary tries to remain serious but fails and starts laughing along with her.

Time seems to pass quickly. Over breakfast, they chat, laugh, and catch up on the new news from the daily prophet. Ignoring Potter and Marlene's attitudes… Lily could admit that morning had been very pleasant because of Mary.

Two inseparable friends.

...

Third-year students crowded in front of the main gate, the cool air permeating their skins from the fact that November was just two weeks away. [Melucas: Winter is coming! Sorry I had to say haha]

"The weekend for the first visit of the third year to Hogsmead has arrived. Only students who have their permissions signed by their respective legal guardians will be able to go," Minerva explained to everyone.

The teenagers began to whisper to each other excitedly before Minerva spoke: "Silence, we will go together until we get there. However, you students will have the freedom to separate and visit where you please. In the end, everyone must meet at the place and time set for us to leave. Do we have a deal?"

Everyone agrees and goes back to planning where they would visit.

"Where do we go first?" Navi asks the group of friends.

"I don't know! We have little time, how about separating and visiting what each one wants... And then we meet at the honeydukes?" Steve proposed.

Time was really short and it wasn't possible to visit all the places freely, so they accepted the idea.

"I'm going to the Zonko's Joke Shop, is anyone coming with me?" Steve asks.

Excited Navi says, "I want to go to Dervishes & Banges. I hear they have a lot of useful magic items, I'll see if I can find something for myself."

Mary quickly pulls Lily's hands away and says, "Lily and I are going to the clothing store," she glares at Lily and asks "aren't we?"

"Er... Yes, let's go there!" Although Lily wasn't a fashion enthusiast like Mary, she is also a girl and likes pretty clothes.

Everyone stares at Severus who was the only one not to declare where he would go.

"Well, I didn't think much about where to visit," said Severus rubbing his cheek embarrassedly.

Lily and Mary, hearing that, look at each other and a smirk comes to their lips. A shiver of foreboding passes through Severus and he wonders that perhaps it would have been better to have chosen somewhere.

 ...

Wizardwear Gladrags, Hogsmead.

Now is the twentieth time? Severus didn't know. Lily and Mary, dragged him with them to see how they looked on clothes. It was even nice at first, two beautiful ladies wanting him to rate them.

Even though he preferred Lily, Severus had to admit that the other Gryffindor had a distinct beauty. Reddish-brown hair, delicate face, and full lips. You could say that Mary is a beauty on Lily's level.

But after so many changes of clothes, he felt bored being stuck in this situation. Using occlumency, he controls his emotions to support this situation.

"How am I Severus?" asks Mary posing as if for a photo.

"You look magnificent," praises Severus without ulterior motives.

"Oh? Such a charming gentleman, is he not?" Mary teased, before continuing dramatically, "What will become of my maiden heart if you continue like this."

"I just say what I see and your attempts to tease me don't work," says Severus with a wink.

The girl is surprised by Severus' confidence and even slightly offended that he doesn't show a bit of shyness.

Mary had really liked Severus' personality, little by little the banter between them increased and she felt better around him. Of course, they didn't have the same level of intimacy as her friendship with Lily, but she really appreciates this new friend of hers.

Lily, who had been coming out of the dressing room, also asked, "What about me Sevvy? Am I beautiful?"

Lily is wearing a light green dress that contrasts beautifully with her fiery hair and matches her eyes. Severus' mouth went dry at that magnificent sight, his heart even shot out a few notes.

"You look amazing, Lily," he said emotionally.

The redhead girl was happy to hear this, even though she knew his compliment of his to Maria had been only between friends. She could not help but feel a little jealous, and now that she saw the look he had in her direction, it warmed Lily's heart and made her smile.

Mary noticed that Severus' compliment to Lily seemed much more animated. She had already noticed that the Slytherin boy had a crush on his red-haired friend, so she didn't mind too much. The only thing Mary didn't know was that Lily seemed to reciprocate these feelings. The redhead managed to disguise her reactions from her very well, although she seems happy with the compliments, it still seems like common happiness.

Puffing her cheeks playfully at the difference in enthusiasm between the compliments, Mary says, "I think we should go to Honeydukes, the others must be waiting for us."

Lily nodded and Severus said with relief at being able to get out of there: "Yes I agree!"

Deciding to take some clothes, Severus presents both girls. After discovering the Cruciatus treatment potion and publishing his new book... The money wouldn't be a problem for the foreseeable future.

As they left the establishment, Severus looked in Lily's direction and thought...

Lily had learned to moderate her reactions over the past few weeks and maintain a facade that hid her shyness. But if anyone heard her heartbeat he would be worried about the girl. All that's left is to find the perfect situation to push that shell and it would all melt.

Lips curved in a smile, Severus plots his next steps. If all went well, she would be his today.

6