Chapter 9 Favorite Hokage…(Spoilers! Not the water guy!)
1.5k 1 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(MC POV)

-Alright! So I will be the 4th Hokage, and with that, we can play now! (Toshio)

-Wait a minute! Wait a minute!!! Why the heck do I have to be the 3rd?! (Aka Baldy Mcbaldy, or the balding pervert sage)

Today was just another normal day at the orphanage. After we were done with our studies, me and the gang just spend our time playing around, until lunchtime.

I will be honest I don't usually agree to it, but I do from time to time as to not seem like a weirdo.

The sacrifices one must make for popularity...I learned that from a masterpiece of a film called Mean girls, it taught me so much. It is pretty much a sacred text book for me. but not mean girls 2...it was an abomination to cinema and the failure of corporate greed!

-*sigh* You always pick the 4th Hokage or the 1st, it is not fair. (Zen)

(Because wood beats everything...apparently...somehow...I still not sure how...I played pokemon so this always grinds my gears...and blondie was ok, I guess. Besides his looks and one jutsu that he didn't even create himself...there's nothing interesting about him.)

-Yeah, I want to be the 4th this time!(Toshio)

-Hey Uryuu back me up!

-....What exactly do you have against the 2nd and 3rd?(Uryuu)

-I mean, (A LOT! I could write a book portraying those 2 as S*tan and worse S*tan if given enough time) the 3rd is an old dude and half bald! Obviously I am nothing like him! I am cool and handsome like the 4th Hokage!

-Then you can pick the 2nd for once. (Uryuu)

-Hmm....Nope just can't do it...too much water!(It's a real source for criticism...I heard it from IGN)

(But if we are to be really, really honest...the guy is 1 of the main reasons the Uchihas are persecuted. Why would I, as an alleged Uchiha want to play as my persecutor!)

-Well, whatever. I think he is cool. Too bad there are no Uchihas in the Hokage line *sigh* (Uryuu)

(Boy, if only you knew the true story of how that guy f-ed your precious Uchiha clan in the ass! You wouldn't be saying that.)

-So its decided. Homura will play as the 3rd! (Zen)

-...fine!!!!!- I say it very reluctantly

(If only it wasn't for the possible spying business, and the fact that I had to put my training mostly on halt. I'd wouldn't be doing any of this sh*t!)

My training has been almost non existent ever since I've met Naruto.

Due to this, I have to play the role of a normal brat and avoid any possible suspicious behavior.

In this world even brats like and these guys can be spies or worse!

So, to avoid me being blacklisted for any reason, I chose to behave as a typical brat as much I could.

Which is not really hard. I mean, as a brat living at the orphanage, besides doing a few chores I do basically nothing.

I was going to try to find a way to get myself an apprenticeship at the hospital, just like Saya is thinking on doing in the future; but given that I may still be under surveillance....I decided against it.

Don't need to raise more death flags at the moment!

What boy my age in the village wishes to become a medic? From what I was able to gather...none!

That's mostly what girls say and other things like flower shop owner or other nonsense.

Too bad for them, I am pretty sure that Ino's clan have a strong iron grip on that market. Maybe they will be able to hold shop but they will have to compete with those guys' wealth of resources.

That and their partners the Nara and Akimichi clans, who are just as loaded and have monopoly on god knows what!

- I throw a fire jutsu at you! You're dead Homura! (Toshio)

-What!? Since when does the 4th uses fire jutsus!

-He is right! Besides I came here to spar not play pretend ninja! (Uryuu)

(Hmm...I was wondering why he came to play with us today. That normally isn't the case with his emo-shtick!)

-Pff! Our game let's us cast jutsus!(Zen)

-Then it is a bad game! Besides you told me that we were going to spar! (Uryuu)

-We are sparing! (Toshio)

-You morons! In a few years we are going to enter the academy! How are you going to compete against the clan students?(Uryuu)

(Hmm...He has a point...but he is being a bit too douchey about it)

-I mean, even if we try to compete with them; there's no way we can beat them since they have tutors. (Toshio)

(Hmm? He has a point too...just when did he become such a realist?! For someone who likes to do fart noises, this is a weird leap forward! I swear, kids in this world are incredibly mature in some aspects.)

-Tch! (Uryuu)

-Well, whatever! I've got go anyway! Got other (better) things to do.

-You going to see that guy again?! The sisters told you not to, so many times already!(Zen)

-At this point, I think it would be stupid to stop him.(Toshio)

-What can I say, he is a funny guy!

-...Ever since you started hanging out with him you train less and less, are you truly going to become a shinobi?(Uryuu)

-Well, I don't really care about becoming a shinobi, and I have been doing well enough in my training.

-Tch!..I am tired of you guys!(Uryuu)

-.....(Could it...)

Uryuu, left after seemingly disappointed by the whole ordeal.

- Do you guys really want to become shinobis? (I have my doubts...Most kids say they do. but~~~ unless you have some weird reason like Naruto's of wanting to be worshipped or something? Or Sasuke's crazed revenge boner, or parents that support you...it's a no. I don't even like training, it's too taxing! And I've been adult once, I think?)

-...I don't know, maybe...(Toshio)

(Yeah...you probably wouldn't want to do it, it would take on your very busy schedule of looking at yourself in the mirror...this guy is total narcists. He likes to hide it but...I know...Everyone knows it...we just pretend we don't. I can't believe he still hasn't realized that...jeez! )

-We've heard that...to get in...is hard...Even big brother Umitaro was unable to attend the academy this year. (Zen)

Right~~~ that boy in our orphanage. That guy was unable to attend the academy. Because of the rough competition, for civilians to get a spot.

The boy seemed to be able to use chakra, I think? So that wasn't the reason why he was refused. And I doubt they'd let go of a future child soldier for no good reason.

I didn't care about it too much, because I am sure that my chakra levels even if not awakened or whatever, are enough that I'd probably get accepted. Is that how chakra works?...I have no idea. Need to study further.

But this might be a wake up call for me as well, about me needing to train for real!

However, I have a plan to get myself ahead.

So I'm not too worried.

-I see.

-You were unsure, but are you really going to try to become a shinobi? (Toshio)

-Well, nothing is going to happen unless I don't try for a bit at least, right?

-...That is true...(Zen)

The mood really went to sh*t. Us orphans know how hard it is to get anything for ourselves really is...and each time we grow up we realize how truly unfair life is *sigh* ...this is too depressing.

-Gotta go!...I'll see you guys later!

-...Yeah(Toshio)

-Later...(zen)

I started running and left the 2 boys that were about to have a real tough time soul searching.

(I hope they don't become shinobis, in this world where people get killed all the time, becoming a shinobi is almost suicide if you have no talent. But I am not their mums so...I don't really care.)

chapter end

40