Chapter 23 Finally! I can be a main character too! (Updated)
1.2k 5 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the days went by and training was not really improving anything, Homura, chose to listen to kakashi's advice.

-(That guy was truly useless! I hate him! I no longer will even pretend to respect him anymore! I will drop the "san" part when talking to him in the future! In fact! I hope, that I never meet him again!)

Homura's little exchange with Kakashi reminded him of some of the issues he had with the character in his previous life. To make a long story short...he really didn't like Kakashi! And the buzz around the character, just made him hate the person even more.

(I forgot that I can't stand characters like that! They are made to be cool but are actually huge failures! I'm also talking to you Minato! Stupid pretty boy! I remember seeing him smile all the time like a godd*mn idiot! It just made me RAGE!!!!! Kushina, was too good for him! She was the real MVP, in regards to his strength!... But he can be a pretty scary dude, so I respect that about him. Because I'm a real badass too!) ((Not the writer's opinion...have mercy!)) 

He was beyond disappointed by Kakashi's " tips".

Homura had issues with most of Konoha's top shinobis and the systems used to govern the entire village. As someone who lived on earth, this amount of culture shock was understandable.

But the rage he had towards the village, reminded him of someone who had very similar misgivings.

It reminded him as to why Madara defected.

His desire was also to defect... as soon as possible, albeit he needed the strength to survive outside prior to attempting to defect.

The ninja world is ruthless.

He was very much conscient of that fact.

Regardless, he had to try.

So, that he could get stronger.

Staying in Konoha forever, would only stifle his theoretical potential.

It was not an unfounded fear, characters who trained outside Konoha for a time had the best track record of drastically improving their strength.

If he stood in Konoha, the chances of him gaining more powerful abilities would decrease and he would only be able to perfect the skills that he would, hypothetically, be good at.

That's why he had put the thought of defecting within his mind as early as he realized that if he wanted to be stronger he had to leave the safety(?) and comfort of the village.  

However, Madara had defected for completely different reasons, while the latter wants to defect to gain more power and freedom, without being restricted.

But knows that he is too weak, to even attempt to do that without coming back to the village within a body bag.

-(The only character I respect is Madara!...but even him...I am bit iffy...The whole Hashirama obsession, like a crazy a ex-girlfriend...and the living inside dreams stuff...is a bit too high concept for me. In fact, it is pretty stupid overall.)

It seemed that not even his idol, Madara, was exempted from criticism in his eyes. 

-(If people were able to still interact insides dreams, and have children or something...hm~~ maybe it could have worked, because otherwise it's pretty insane. He must have had a very late mid-life crisis or something similar...that's the only thing that I can come up with, without him being completely off his marbles. Also, the whole thing of having his entire family being murdered during the war, must not have helped with his sanity...maybe it is the Sharingan, I heard it drives people crazy...but that came from that biased as*hole Tobirama! It must not be true! Sarada, opened hers due to cheer happiness... his science must have been wrong. Even if he was a genius, he was still something like a caveman, so a genius caveman... is not the most reliable source of information out there. For Haguromo's sake! They didn't even have computers back then!)

He had seen flaws with almost everyone at this point.

Perhaps, the lackluster meeting with Kakashi and the fact that he could not get a cheat to get stronger as fast as he could, was starting to weigh on his mind.

After all, he could do nothing but follow Kakashi's advice as much as he wanted to deny it.

But it had been some time now and he wasn't even sure if what he was doing was right, and nothing seemed to be happening.

Perhaps, having been helped by Shisui and Guy boosted his ego a bit too much, and he was starting to feel like a special, ultra rare type of character.

-(Why can't this world senseis actually teach their students proper tips or cheats on to become stronger! It's like they want us to die! Not everyone is Boruto or Sarada who are beyond geniuses with a heavy catalog of Jutsus after less than a year of being genins... if only I could remember the hand seals from their techniques and have a good grasp on how their techniques worked, I'd be invincible!...I wish I had a system...*sigh*)

Homura despaired at the prospect of having to take the normal route, and not taking any shortcuts.

He said that he hated Boruto, the TV show.

But perhaps, the themes of that anime were better suited for him, and he could have learned something from the conclusion of the show.

Too bad that he passed away, before the completion of the show...not that we could possibly know that he would have watched the whole thing anyways.

-(Copy Ninja...what a joke! What did even do with....like the 1,000(?) jutsus he learned? Give it to konoha!?...unlikely! Jutsus here are like gold and you leave it to your kids or clan...unless Hiruzen has others plans...what a shameless, evil b*stard! )

He knew that asking anything from Kakashi was pointless, no, beyond pointless; but he still had to try something. 

It's not every day, that one meets the famous "copy ninja".

Well, it is, IF you are naruto or team 7, but not randos like Homura.

To him Kakashi was one of his sorta most hated characters, alongside Sasuke.

It was not just because he considered every genius character to be his enemy.

He had a soft spot for Shisui after all.

So, being a genius was not the main source of his discontentment with characters.

Although, that did influence his biases.

But it was mostly because Kakashi barely did anything to help his other students.

He clearly had a favorite among  his students, and he even failed to truly help that favorite student of his...resulting in the creation of one of the most dysfunctional teams in the entire show. 

That is why his rating for Kakashi was "0/10, terrible character"!

That was what he had written once.

Actually written in a poll, in his past life. 

To him Kakashi was a magnet for trouble or was cursed! Or something akin to it.

Nobody should be that unlucky, his life was simply put...pure tragedy and a mixture of bad decisions.

If this was Jijitsu kaisen, Kakashi would probably be one of the strongest characters seeing how much cursed energy he has.

For him, the fact that everyone got their happy endings and got married...Except for Tenten...Kiba and poor dead Neji who was used to get Hinata's panties wet...and it didn't even work! An alien from the moon had to show up before Naruto, in order for the man himself to  realize that Hinata's feelings may have actually been real...yikes! Or he was simply brainwashed. If the only way you can understand that someone likes you, is to literally enter their mind or memories... then something has gone incredibly wrong!  Just how bad was his childhood?... Not that Homura cares about his friend's mental stability...these facts were useless to him, he had other priorities.

 Living in Konoha has opened his eyes at how much distrust exists in their society.

Konoha, is not a very welcoming village...if you are a foreigner that is! But truthfully, it is not really one, even if you happen to be a local.

(Trust in shinobi society is a joke! The leaders of each village try to maintain a trust in the system but all parties involved know that, human selfishness will almost always win in the end. Put a shiny treat in front of most shinobis, and duty or trust are a thing of the past...why do you think there are so many rogue shinobis, or one's trying to take over someone or something all the time.)

-The anime was very liberal in its depictions of Konoha, I thought this would have been a pretty happy-go-lucky kind of village (Besides the scheduled invasions/ destruction of the village), but it is not! I got scammed! Well, the Naruto mistreatment is pretty much the same though...somethings never change no matter which world you live in, huh?... But that Kakashi...this really better work otherwise... I swear that one day, I will kick his ass!!!

No matter how much Homura complained about Kakashi's advice he had no other choice but to follow it. 

He mainly focused on trying to increasing the amount physical and chakra cultivation training, that he could realistically do within a day.

He had given up, for now, working on Shisui's training regiment, due to how taxing it was.

Two different types of training regiments would be too taxing on his young body.

Rather, he worked on Guy's advice to first build up more stamina and strength. Doing exercises and a moderate amount of muscle training.

These would, overall, be more beneficial in the long run.

Thus, Homura had decided to forget about the spiritual part of his training, for now.

Because after all, spiritual energy also comes from experience; thus if he kept pushing his training to a whole new level his spiritual energy would increase along with his mental fortitude... at least that part made a bit of sense to him.

Right now, Homura was focusing on trying to increase the amount of chakra that he had. He wasn't really sure how to do that but if he could do more exercises than he was capable before starting training... then perhaps the amount of available chakra that he had had increased.

Since, chakra is also composed of physical energy. More physical energy would correlate with more chakra.

To him it was as simple as that.

He has spent the last 2 months focusing on that and managed to increase the amount of training he could perform within a single day.

- Ok this time I will try to keep it going for 30 minutes.

Homura, sat down and focused on trying to harness his chakra with the method Guy showed him how to do it.

Homura remained seated perfectly quite and tried to concentrate and remain calm.

-..............

Time passed and everything was going well until the very next few moments.

(Jeez! how long has it been! I can't believe that meditation can be so boring! I won't be able to...!)

*biiiiip!!!!!*

Suddenly a loud sound just went through Homura's head and destroyed his concentration.

(Super computing activated!)(???)

(Wait?! What?! Who said that...super computing? Ah! I remember...I had....Wait!? You only show up now?!)

It had been years that Homura reincarnated, he was starting to forget a few things as he was settling into his new reality.

He had completely forgotten about the skill... well not entirely.

He thought that he was simply born with a genius intellect... since he felt that he was very smart, but he had never tried to apply himself in anything besides training... so he never really gave it too much thought.

Not that he thought that the super computing ability was somehow separate from his cognitive abilities at this point in time... besides the Sharingan and Swift release to precedent inside his mind... what would calculations do to help him, when he is about to get stabbed in the chest? Calculate the angle of the sword penetrating his body? Or trying to calculate how many seconds he would live after getting stabbed?... he was unlikely going to be able to use the skill to protect himself from danger.

Those were his thoughts at this point in time.

(Operating system were frozen due to host lack of energy and host very young age. )(???)

(Energy? You mean Chakra? Wait! No! What can you do?)

(I can perform fast calculations, process information at a fast pace and allow for host to gain access to it in a few moments. As well as by using the host's body, senses, I can analyze and process any inside and foreign matter in the host's body, and as well as use the body own functions to achieve any desired effect.)(???)

(That means...poison does not work on me!)

(If it is within a very specific time frame, or antibodies already exist within the body, as well as the body posses the sufficient materials to process a cure, poisons and similar foreign substances will be rendered useless.)(???)

(Sh*t, I hit the jackpot! Ah! Run diagnostic on my genetics!)

(Analyzing! Analyzing!.....body gene's posses 3 types of major mutations when compared to other genes found within DNA sequence... they are classified as Uchiha genes, adaptability (Shin Uchiha) genes, and gene sequences that could potentially be identified as swift release... All naming for the gene sequences were taken from host's memories, for a more comprehensive understanding of the data found.)(???)

(Yes! Swift release baby! I do actually have it! Wait you said that you can run operations on all elements within the body. So that means you can boost or activate the 3 mutation genes?)

(Genes identified as Uchiha gene and swift release gene are already active and working as they should be within the body. However, Uchiha gene sequence could be potentially improved with specific energy signature known as chakra or blood from close individuals with similar genetic characteristics, otherwise known as relatives. Missing key elements were detected, probability that host's relatives have the missing components is 78 percent.

Furthermore, the adaptability gene can be further boosted to new limits by undergoing optimization. )(???)

(Optimization? What do you need?)

(Nothing specific, the host can undergo optimization for 13 days but performance of the body will be reduced by 53 percent during that time frame. Would you like to start the process?)(???)

(YES! N-No! Do it after I go to bed!)

(Understood.)(???)

(I wasn't expecting this to happen today... and I had all but forgotten that I even had this ability....I guess my training must be paying off....maybe. This world's logic escapes me sometimes...*sigh* At least I won't be doom to a life of suffering and mob status with such an ability under my belt.)

Chapter end

32