Chapter 25 Beating up children!? Yeah… I’m no hero.
1.1k 4 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

MC POV

-I've got you! (???)

-Oh no you don't! Take this!

I avoided the hit aimed at me from the kid rushing towards me, and hit him with an elbow to the chin!

-Argh! (???)

My opponent was sent flying about a meter way and fell towards the ground.

-.....

Waiting for my opponent to get up, I clench my fists once more and ready myself for him to get up...

Wait for him...  

-...He...He isn't getting up?...Sh*t! Did I hit him too hard!

I can't help myself but rush towards him.

I then, immediately crouch next to him and check his pulse...

-....*sigh*... thank god...He's simply passed out...I guess the super computing skill was right... No matter how many times I do it, I can't help but feel scared every single time... 

The hit  I delivered, knocked out my opponent cleanly.

I had used my supercomputing skill to calculate the most efficient way to beat this guy...although it worked... I have to say, it is a very uncomfortable thing to do; and having people passing out in front of me, coupled with the fact that it is my own doing... is just the worst... almost feels like I have accidentally killed someone.

... but I haven't!

He will be fine!

But I will lose my chance, if I wait for too long.

-...Well, whatever! I have a job to do... just hope that he doesn't wake up from this... It would be a pain to knock him out again.

With my left hand, I start digging into my pocket and grab an object from within.

The object in question happens to be a syringe.

I grab the passed out child by his right arm, and pierce it with the needle from the syringe.

As the syringe pierces his arm, I pull on the handle and start drawing out some of his blood.

- ...slowly...

I wait until the container is fully full and painted crimson.

-...Phew! He didn't wake up...this was pretty stressing...better cover my tracks...

Due to the boy now having a tiny hole in his arm, from the insertion of the needle I used to draw his blood out.

I have no other choice but to try to somehow disguise it as an injury. 

I try to make it appear, as if he got hurt from hitting the ground during his fall.

...but I can't just leave it at that, I also stop his bleeding.

Truly, what pain...

Doing all this is such a pain.

I now somewhat understand what criminals who commit crimes against their wills and better judgement feel like.

Doing things that you are not fully on board can be... quite stressful.

I feel like I aged a couple of years in the span of a few minutes.

-...Hm...Good! That should do it! That's enough for today... I am getting scarily good at this. Hahaha!

Of course I am!

This isn't my first rodeo!

I'd be an idiot if I hadn't perfected my craft at this point in time.

...It is pretty sad, nonetheless.

To think that I'd be stuck doing this kind of work...on children... I feel that my life took a weird shift for the worse. 

Still, I can't help but feel bad, that I am enjoying this a bit too much... even if I know it is wrong.

...This is the 11th Uchiha kid, that I stole blood from.

It's so easy.

Easier than taking candy from an Uchiha baby.

I have to say, going after the young and using supercomputing in fights was an ingenious idea!

Albeit very underhanded, but ingenious nonetheless.

It helped me a lot!

It was so easy to predict their attack patterns after a few exchanges and avoiding their hits.

Then all that was left for me to do was, letting them get tired and finally knock them out.

Again, like taking candy from babies...This feels so wrong...but it also feels so right, like I am a villain in the animes I used to watch.

This must be my origin story. Hahahahaha!

... no, I need to calm down.

I am so happy that my plan has been successful so far, that I am getting way over my head.

Normally, what I am doing in Konoha would be, for a  lack of better words...impossible.

It would be impossible for randos to kidnap people for a few hours, much less children.

Security is pretty tight in this place!

...Sure Itachi and Kisame were able to break into the village's defenses in order to try and kidnap Naruto, while managing to eat ramen (?) uninterrupted within the village and pretty much get away with it.

But both of those guys are s-ranked jounins, and plus Itachi was on his home turf.

...Sure the sound 4 pretty much managed to do the same thing... but it is understandable that they were to do it... Kidomaru is a genius...and the village had just recently been attacked... at the time within the anime... so it was not like konoha had poor security but external factors prevented them to operate at full capacity.

So it is not that easy.

.....

*Cough* *Cough* 

...Anyway...

I don't need to do or the help of any of those factors, previously mentioned!

I have a better hax.

Thank god that I am a child, and picking on other children is seen as a normal bratty thing to do.

It's like being an invisible pervert and doing unspeakable things in public...nobody will ever know.

In other words, I can be as obnoxious as I want to be.

Unlike the adults from their clan, these Uchiha kids are probably not under surveillance.

Telling them what's really going on, will just cause more damage for all parties involved

Besides, all these Uchiha little b*stards haven't started their training for the most part, and all the ones that I went after are orphans like me. (I am a monster! I know!)

Meaning, they have no training since they are 4 or 5.

If they weren't, I am not sure if I could have won in most of the fights I was dragged into.

If we were a bit older and had already started going to the academy... My guess is that, I may have lost.

... A few times.

At least, I would not have had this perfect winning streak.

Currently, they have no one available to teach them.

These guys are like Obito. No relatives (Obito did have a grandma I think, or it was just a collection of random elderly ladies that he helped), no money, no trainer, no nothing!

Their clan isn't bothered too much by what shenanigans they happen to find themselves in, so any kind of retaliation will probably not come for me. Plus, I doubt they'd ever admit having lost to me. So I was able to challenge them, 1 after the another without any issues.

...I'm guessing that none of them talked about these little scuffles they've had with me.

I know that I wouldn't!

Admitting to the wider public that I am a loser.

In a village where the main export is fighting... is career suicide!

Even kids understand the implications very well. 

Being looked down upon further, especially when you're already at the bottom of the metaphorical totem pole... is simply something you'd want t0 d0 everything to avoid.

...and that's where I come in.

Like a little demon... I give them a taste of false hope... to get them to agree in an unwinnable fight. 

All I had to do, was get them alone and wager Shisui-san's notebook... probably not what Shisui-san had intended when he gave it to me...he'd probably get mad or disappointed about the entire ordeal, now that I think about it; but I'd do almost anything for a shortcut.

Unlike Naruto, I am not too picky about my morals and I am short on time.

I literally have fewer options than I'd like.

...besides, that is just how my abilities work... so this is what natural means to me.

Not using it, would be a waste...

.... 

Regardless of all that, those dumb kids easily accepted my challenge when I told them what the prize would be, thinking that I'd be an easy prey.

So I am not fully in the wrong, their greed got the better of them or simply...we just happen to be on the same metaphorical boat.

But I also believe that this has to do with how much pride they have in their name.

Truly a prideful clan.

They are so easy to manipulate and for me to toy around with.

Thanks Shisui-san!

I know that this is probably not the intention you had for me, especially not on how you wanted me to use your notebook but...it's really hard!...and I have to admit it...I am not very talented.

No.

Scratch that!

I am quite talented!...but I am no Itachi!

Who had adapted the mindset of an hokage at the age of 7.

Or was one of the youngest shinobi to ever join the ANBU...

That level of raw talent is simply unnatural. 

Perhaps it is the same talent that did not allow him to have broader perspectives at the time, if he had properly developed the maturity that comes with a certain age... perhaps he would have understood that he never needed to carry the fate of the world, his clan or the village on to his shoulder.

Trusting others, or letting others make the first step, is sometimes more advantageous for oneself. 

But putting all that Itachi nonsense aside for now...I did it!

I have integrated the DNA from all the other Uchiha kids that I beat up with my DNA...except for one. He was some weak*ss kid who didn't even last 10 seconds in our fight and knocked himself out.

Didn't want some kid's loser DNA making me weaker...I know that's how DNA work but still.

His DNA is probably not the best one out there...

Regardless, since I already have Uchiha DNA from birth, their DNAs is very compatible with mine.

I don't feel all that sick from it, only feel a bit hazy from time to time, but it never lasts more than a day or 2.

As for how I got the syringes, let's just say a bit of dumpster diving near the hospital went a long way.

Had to disinfect everything and that part was such a pain!

At first, I was going to do something complicated to get them, such as either stealing and others things.

But as I got closer to the hospital, I realized that there was a far easier way to get it done.

No need to over complicate things too much.

Sometimes, the simpler solutions are the ones with the best outcomes.

...how long is this guy going to stay out of commision?

Let's shake him up a bit.

-Ok, I'm done!

I tried to wake him up but to no avail

-Hey!.... Hey, wake frigging hell up! You lost to me!

I kicked the guy in the back for him to wake up.

- Beurgh! huh? Where am I? Ah, you! Y-you beat me!? Y-you must have cheated! (Uchiha kid)

-Sure! Why not. Whatever rocks your boat. But, I will tell everyone that I beat you...unless you pay up. (That's a baseless accusation... But he is not wrong...I did cheat, but he will never know...)

I get up and pretend to be about to leave, after I was finished with my stupid and childish threat.

Now, I only have to wait to hear the set of words that I have heard so many times before.

(These boys have it hard. Even if they come from a very reputable clan, If they are deemed to be losers; nobody would want to waste their precious time on them...and they are all afraid of that...something that a bad, bad person like myself can easily exploit it...)

- W-wait! I will pay!... Damn it! (Uchiha kid)

The boy grabs his pouch and gives me the good old coins.

I swipe them from the boy's hand in an instant.

(Ahhh...Sweet, sweet, sweet ryos...Not only I steal their blood but also their money, I am a genius...sad that the kids in this world have to grow up so quickly... not sad for me though...thanks to it I am making some easy cash!)

I don't really need the money, but it is a good cover story for these little spars that I have been having.

After all, if I don't pretend to get nothing out of it...then I am just some weirdo with a fighting fetish.

Better go with the excuse of wanting more money for myself.

Like I said, I don't really need the money.

But I still want it; too bad these brats are almost just as poor as me.

-pleasure in doing business with you.

I smiled at him after saying so.

-....you! What is your name?(Uchiha kid)

(Jeez, these guys are all the same! They aren't interested in me at first, but after I beat them up they ask for my name, and swear to beat me up the next time...what a bunch of tsunderes.)

-Tobi. (2 days ago, I was Shikamaru though!)

-Tobi...Tobi...I will remember this...but next time I will beat you up!

-(...and there it is! At least this one did not give me a speech and made it short.)

The boy left immediately after saying that...but as he was leaving...seemed like the arm I took blood from was either hurting or he was feeling uncomfortable.

-(I swear, I feel like I am having deja vue...these last few weeks I have been repeating the same old pattern.)

I take out my syringe full of blood from my pouch and inject it within myself.

I wait until all the blood is gone.

There's no real reason to wait.

Better to get rid of the evidence as fast as possible.

(C, what is the progress on with this one?)

(A new DNA sequence can be added! Most Uchiha main genes' seem to have been added, however some are still dormant. My hypothesis is that a special chakra is need to activate them.) (C)

(D*mn it! Seems that I will have to activate it, the old fashioned way.... Also, DNA from Sasuke will be needed no matter what.)

Let's go home.

I am starting to feel a bit tired again.

-Hey! Wait up!(???)

As I was about to leave I heard a voice coming from afar.

-....Is that....!!! N-not him again.- I say it, while putting my right hand against my forehead as if I was having a small migraine.

The boy ran all the way towards me, like his life depended on it.

After he was just a few steps shorts of reaching me, he stopped, and tried to catch his breath.

- *HUFF* *HUFF* I...I finally found you.(???)

-.....give up Takoto, you're simply too weak. Even I, am starting to feel bad (a tiny bit) taking so much of your money all the time. (How did he find me...again?)

-It's Takao! Not Takoto! TAKAO! N-No none of that matters! Itsuki! I challenge you!(Takao)

-I-Itsuki? Oh! R-right! Yes! (Right~~ That's me! Good Ol' Itsuki Uchiha! hahaha! )

-??! You accept!(Takao)

-huh? !!! (Ah! Sh*t! I said yes without  realizing!.. well, whatever! It should not even take a minute.)

-Good! get ready I am going to beat you this time!(Takao)

The kid took a fighting pose and looked at me with eyes burning with fiery determination.

It was if he was telling me to do the same.

- *Sigh*...just come...but as always if I win, you can't challenge me for a whole week.

- You got it! This time I will win!(Takao)

I hate the hot-blooded/intense type of guys like this kid.

I have had enough of this stereotypical character class from Guy-san in my life! To be meeting more of them:... is just crazy.

Also Guy-san thick eyebrows make him look more serious and more intimidating to say no to...it is like hypnotism.

It gives an air of seriousness... that convinces anyone, almost a bout anything no matter how stupid and crazy...

...whatever...a paycheck is a paycheck.

- Here I come Itsuki!(Takao)

Chapter end

30