Chapter 37 Excuse me for a sec. I have an Uchiha to strangle.
834 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Homura slowly opened his eyes but he was still partially asleep and did not think much about anything.

His head was still a bit hazy, perhaps this was a good thing.

-....muh...*yawn*....

He then slowly removed the blanket covering him...and started to gather his thoughts. Which was easier said than done, his body was sore due to the increase in his training regiment by Guy.

Guy is very good teacher/trainer, just looking at the team of genin that he would lead in the future was proof enough...Mainly Rock Lee. Let's ignore TenTen and Neji's cases since the 2 have a very distinct fighting style that heavily contrasts Guy's own, but it is unlikely that he did not try to help them in any way that he could...but he obviously has a favorite student...sadly for Homura he is getting a younger and debatably, a more passionate Guy's attention all to himself.

So much that he fell unconscious due to overexerting himself.

- Hm? Where am I?

Homura, looked around the room and realized that he was somewhere, he had never been before.

He had been sleeping in a futon prior to waking.

And in a pretty nice room, with a decent amount of space.

Which was quite amazing to him.

This was probably the largest room he had been in, even larger than Naruto's which he had been to once, but he doesn't really want to go because it is quite far.

Homura rarely goes to the center of the village, he lives in the outskirts and Naruto's room is a bit too messy for him...that and the villagers aren't exactly the warmest people in the world...not that it mattered to him too much.

Homura's weird sense of confidence in himself or simply put ego, rarely allows him to pay attention to others...unless he really wants something or has something to gain by doing so.

- this must be...what's it's like to live in a real house, huh?

Homura shared a small room with 3 other boys. Most of it was occupied by the bunkbeds.

He had memories of his room prior to coming to this world, but as time passed a lot of his previous memories, felt unreal or like a distant dream.

This was further aggravated, since he could not remember the face of his family members and friends, no matter how much he tried.

Not even his skill was able to fill in the gaps on those lost parts of his memories, leaving the boy disappointed but also wondering if it was good thing.

He was now a different person, in a different world.

To be bogged down by things he could do nothing about, was simply put quite stupid to him.

But not having a family, especially not having parents; still weighed on his mind.

He just wants to remember his parents' faces in this world or at least the in the last one; was all he asked for.

Sadly no one could grant him his wishes.

It was rare for Homura, to feel like that...but he wanted connections or at least to know that he was important to someone at some point.

As much as he wanted to form connections with some of the kids in the orphanage, they were overall still kids and mostly ignorant about the things that Homura knew...so there was always a wedge between them.

As time went on the wedge was closing but it had only been 4 or close to 5 years since he had started making bonds and there is not much one can talk to a 2 to 3 years old; no matter how much of magical place this was...the fact remains that there it is very little one can talk to children that young. It has only been recently that most have started to develop their own distinct personalities.

- It must be pretty late.- said Homura while looking at the red sky and the sun about to set.

- wait a sec! Not here!!! Where are they?!

A panicked Homura realized that he was no longer wearing his trademark goggles as Itsuki Uchiha.

-Sh*t! This not the time for this!

Homura, immediately got up from the bed and rushed near the door.

He then leaned against the wall close to the door; and slightly opened the door.

He used that opportunity to see if there was anyone around or to find out if he was being watched by someone.

(...Good...seems like, no one is here. But if I was brought here...was it done by someone I know? This could be bad...I am still wearing my Itsuki disguise!...*Sigh* Whatever. Let's investigate for now.)

Homura got out of the room after he had confirmed that the way was clear.

He then peeked inside every room to make sure, that he knew where exactly he was.

Sadly, he got almost no information since he didn't enter those rooms.

This lasted until he got near the staircase.

-Hm...so this house has 2 floors...this is getting even more confusing.

Homura was currently on the second floor.

It seemed to him that the second floor is where the bedrooms were located as well as the bathroom and a few other rooms with nothing really important besides boxes and random stuff.

But what confirmed that it was the second floor was that the staircase was unable to go any higher, only downward.

Thus, he carefully went down the stairs.

He did it as silently as he could, as to not make any noises.

But he could not help but let out a loud noise from his mouth, which he quickly tried to cover with his hands, when he saw a logo or Crest that he was very familiar with.

-Ah!...(this fan shaped crest...impossible to deny it, I am in a uchiha home...was it Shisui?...No Shisui-san knows where I live, he could easily make a shadow clone a drop me off...Worst, he is going to ask me a few but very awkward  set of questions...so, is it someone I don't know?...this is bad! I have to get out of here!) !?

Suddenly, Homura heard some mysterious noises and he followed them until he was near an open room.

-(Kitchen? And...that's a grand-!)

-Ara? You're awake already? Did you sleep well?(???)

- eh!? Ah! Yes! Thank you so much for helping me.

Homura instinctively gave a bow to the elderly woman in front of him.

-(my body reacted instantly! Was it because she looked like a nice elderly lady?...or am I in a genjutsu?)

- don't stand there near the door, come in. Ta-!-Takao-chan will be home soon.(???)

-Y-yes! Thank you very much (so she was...Takao's granny? No! No! I still need to be careful! I may still be under a genjutsu or this woman could talk to the police about me. But since I am wearing the Uchiha Crest...how do I explain that...just what did Takao tell her?!...I am going to kill that brat!)

- take a sit, dear.(???)

Homura sat down.

- here! It's orange juice.(???)

As soon as Homura sat down at the table, the kind looking elderly lady; served him a cold cup of Orange juice.

- ah!? Thank you!

- sorry, but I can't give you anything else as of now; dinner will be ready soon. You will have to wait until then to eat.(???)

- t-thank you! but I don't need it, in fact I should be going now-

- no need to be reserved itsuki-kun.

- y-yes! (she really knows who I am? That damn brat! I knew he was not worth the trouble!...No calm down...It is only logical that she knows my name. It would be pretty strange to drop a stranger at your family's house, without at least telling someone inside their name...Even Takao isn't that dense...)

-It's itsuki, right?(???)

- yes! Sorry, I was just thinking of something...

Homura, got side tracked by his thoughts that he could not help in trying to rationalize everything that was happening to him, that the elderly woman had to make sure she said his name properly...or perhaps it was something else. There was no telling how much Takao had told her or perhaps what he avoided telling her that made her more suspicious of Homura.

- Ta-chan told me a lot about you. I would like to thank you for being his friend, he seems to really enjoy playing with you.(???)

- I-it's no problem...really. He is a very good kid (an annoying brat!...and Ta-chan?)

- Thank you for saying that. Fufufu.(???)

- W-what is it?

-Sorry, the way you talked about Ta-chan; it was as if he is much younger than you. And from his stories I thought you'd be much older.(???)

- it's nothing like that, he just behaves like a lot of the younger children that I play with everyday.

- Really? How nice of you to do that and still help your grandmother everyday.(???)

-...hahaha it's nothing! (She is leading me, huh? Let tell a ridiculous lie) I do what I can. I just want to become strong enough and awaken my Sharingan, so that I can be sent on missions and make a lot of money so that gran-gran can live a peaceful life and free of worry.

- fufufu!(???)

-!?

- I am sorry, you just said the same thing as ta-chan (???)

- He did!?

- Yes. Almost word for word. It is something that many children say all the time. Even though...I know I can't stop him for thinking that, I... seeing him so happy and devoting himself to become a shinobi; it's hard for me to say anything...please help him as much as you can.(???)

-...I will....he is one of the few friends that I have made and share the same dream after all (she's letting me go!? I was sure that she'd try to dig deeper...Was I just overthinking?...I am not too sure now...let's be wary. )

- Thank you Itsuki-kun....you are truly a good friend. Once a gain please take care of Ta-chan.(???)

-...ok, I will all I can...I promise.

Phiiii!!!

-Ara! It seems the boiling water is ready, could you wait in the living room for me itsuki-kun, it's on the left (???)-she said while pointing towards the living room.

- N-no, let me help you set the table.

- Oh my, you truly are a polite young man. Thank you. Then, I guess that I will take you up on that offer.(???)

- No problem, leave it to me...(...this sounded almost familiar for some reason...is this what a family is like? It's not too different from the orphanage...Although, there...you have to do it! There is no asking! Otherwise...you have a very beast-like sister breathing on your neck...Urgh! )

Chapter end

25