Chapter 58: fight or flight!? I choose flight everytime!
478 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

MC POV

That was close!

The f*ck was that! Asking if I am a girl and that serious face...urgh!

It's that damn haircut that the sister forced me into!

I look like that damned Kirino guy, I think sister Kasumi has a fetish for boys that look girlish or something.

What a terrible fate that she is in charge of us powerless orphans...If that is true that would explain as to why she acted so weird towards me in the past.

Smother me out of nowhere, and for no reason when I was minding my own business.

Can't say I blame her too much.

After all, I am quite the looker if I say so myself.

Too bad that it doesn't matter one bit to most it seems... It's weird.

Well, it matters little to me too.

In a world where anyone can pretend to be anyone, appearances hardly matter to me as well.

-*Sigh* That guy is... late isn't he?- I said while looking around for a boy with extremely bright yellow colored hair but to no avail

Another reason, that made me decide to come early; was because of Naruto.

If the Hokage sees us together in the exam my chances of going to the main class, will be far greater.

And at the end of that road, I could get myself a good jounin sensei, like Asuma... but I doubt it.

He will probably end up with inoshikacho...no matter what.

Due to the weirdness of how clans somewhat operate...but I doubt that these clans operate like in a subservient manner as they may have done in the past.

Otherwise, the Sarutobi would be gone instead of the Senju...but I am not even sure what happened to those guys... the manga was not incredibly specific on that matter.

But maybe, they integrated with the population of Konoha at large but that would not explain why the name or records regarding the Senju pretty much only extends to Tsunade.

But given that...what was the name of that other brat that hangs around that Konohamaru brat called again?... Whatever! The girl brat can use wood release or something... that could have something to do with the Senju.

But wood-release is not exactly a Senju inherent characteristic per se.

Unless Hashirama or one of his descendants got freaky with one of the random villagers without almost nobody knowing; it's hard to tell.

Still, it is hard to say that wood release has nothing something to do with Senju's at all. The only other Senju or their ancestor known to have access to it was Ashura, but even that is anime only...and the story was poorly written...and left many more questions than it managed to answer to be taken seriously as gospel.

...Another possible way to see this conundrum...could be that Yamato is her real father or something?...but even I can't even begin to believe that#s true myself. It's completely absurd. Yamato loves Kakashi. Everybody knows that much...

Hm? Yamato could be a good jonin sensei...And he has wood release!

Although, I don't know what he was doing prior to taking over team Kakashi.

Probably doing something no good.

There is still a good chance that he could have had a team around the same time, but he is pretty much ANBU... could be troublesome but getting wood release from his DNA, even if it is inferior; it could still be worth my time...but getting Yamato's DNA in any way...sounds farfetched. (Best take it from the brat)

He is too good of a shinobi to be taken by surprise or overpowered, plus he has access to wood style.

The person, that he'd have to go against to injure him in any way, has to be Akatsuki level or at least Kabuto level, or have access to an overpowered jutsu... plus he is not lazy like Kakashi...if I behaved in any strange way.

He'd probably be on my back 24/7...

-Urgh!...he seems to be more trouble than he is worth... there really is no such thing as a free meal, huh? But who else is there...

Which Jonin sensei...could I benefit the most from?

Kurenai!?

Also, doubt it!

Her team seems to be good at reconnaissance or tracking.

If she chose them herself, it could be that those are the things she values on a team...but why no genjutsu specialist? Could it be that she believed herself to be enough to fill that role?

...That should not be the case.

The goal of a jonin sensei is to teach and pass certain skills to her or his students...Maybe Hinata and Shino are surprisingly good at genjutsu? But definitely not Kiba.

He doesn't seem to fit the profile for it.

But genjutsu is one of the classes taught at the academy...although I think they teach you how to break free from it and not really casting; but I am not too sure about that.

So, it is unlikely, that Kurenai would choose them on the basis that they are good at breaking free from genjutsu.

The fact that she became their Jonin sensei, is probably not related to genjutsu and has to do with her teaching them...something.

What that something might be... I have no idea... those clans share very little in common points... besides that, they are good at inflicting damage to the body of their opponents besides being the best trackers in the village.

Probably the fact that none of them has anything to do with genjutsu more or less...and it is due to genjutsu, probably, is freaking hard.

At least, I think it is...right? And not because Kishimoto F'ed up in the original story and just gave that specific character, Kurenai, a bad hand.

Having her fight, an Uchiha of all people in her debut fight... just seems unfair.

Why would she even use visual genjutsu on an Uchiha? (Was it visual genjutsu?)

Was she overconfident?

Forgot due to most of them being gone at the time?

Seems like a hard thing to forget for a genjutsu specialist, since only/mainly Uchihas spam the crap out of it(but that's mainly due to them being cheaters).

Their clan is notorious for mostly that on its own.

Fugaku of the wicked eye, anyone?

Not that I have ever seen Fugaku in my life, or know if one of his eyes is truly wicked.

She should at least know the guy very well from his reputation alone.

She is old enough to know that much.

...but I think I get it somehow...

Uchihas with their cheat eyes that can do almost anything.

Doubt most of them would put that much effort into learning any genjutsu if they didn't have the Sharingan.

She probably thought that she could take on or at least rival Itachi in that front at the time... Seems like a lot of speculation for a jounin.

I wouldn't take that many risks if I was in her sandals.

Well, anyway...it doesn't matter...at least right now.

I just want a mob team and good enough jounin, so that we won't get massacred after taking 2 steps outside the village.

The 2 mobs should be decent, or at least good enough... In order to buy me enough time to get out of any real trouble.

- hehehehe!

And after Sasuke leaves the village I team up with Team Kakashi, meet Temujin from the other continent and live my life away from the shinobi world like a king.....(my backup plan is foolproof! I will be a god in their continent! The same way Hagoromo was in this one! But I won't be a stupid monk with sh*tty peaceful rhetoric, but a king who abuses his powers like Gilgamesh!!!)

-hehehe...hahahaha!!!

- Ha! ? I thought I recognized that annoying laugh from somewhere... but who are you?(Sasuke)

-Geh?! Ah! Sasuke!?

I looked at the owner of the voice that came from behind me and to my surprise, it was none other than my hated former training partner, but as I look further to his left...

-....(Itachi)

- I-Itachi?!!!!!

As I was minding my own business and wholesomely laughing, before I noticed anything in my immediate surroundings, I saw the Uchiha Fire Brothers!

To my great displeasure, they had already come too close to me for comfort.

But seeing "him" right in front of me, triggered my flight response.

So, before I even realized I had already started running away.

I ran away as fast as I could!

...

....

.....

...

*Itachi POV*

-...that was rude! Hmph! How dare he scream at Nii-san's face? I should go teach him a lesson. Or at least make him apologize to Nii-san.(Sasuke)

I looked at Sasuke who was on my left, getting all worked up about what just had occured.

However, from what he had just uttered...it should really not be the case.

That's rather odd.

-...Sasuke, you don't know who that boy was?

- No...but he did remind me of...Tch! Just some other loser! But if I face him during the exams I will make him pay!(Sasuke)

- Sasuke, there's no fighting among attendees during the exam.

- Eh?!...Ah! I-I knew that. Let's go, Nii-san!(Sasuke)

Sasuke, then moved ahead of me, towards the crowd as if he wanted to forget what had just transpired.

As I looked at Sasuke's back I can't help but wonder how big my little brother has gotten.

It is unlikely that I will be able to see him off on his first day at the academy.

The entrance exam is mostly just a front.

A front, that is meant to identify if an applicant possesses the fitness and mental fortitude to undergo the training regimen that is required of all applicants who want to enter the academy.

There is also the matter of testing an applicant's chakra capabilities and probing for abnormalities.

Only in rare cases, are applicants that have managed to pass all those criteria, are denied entry.

There is no doubt in my heart, that Sasuke will enter the academy this year.

-....(Still, This is quite strange. According to what Shisui told me that boy was; undoubtedly the boy called Homura... but for Sasuke going as far as to not recognize him, or to not know who he was... perhaps I will ask him...no. From the way he saw me just now; I could easily tell that he fears me. A great deal no less...The way his body language betrayed him in the span of a couple of seconds, was clear as day. However, why was that boy so scared of me?... I don't recall interacting with him in the past. Maybe I should ask Sasuke at least a few questions, in order to understand what has happened...)

- Nii-san, Hurry!(Sasuke)

- Sorry, Sasuke.

I began to pick up the pace towards Sasuke's position, who was rushing ahead of me.

However, thoughts of what just transpired just could not leave my mind.

That boy, Homura... did remind me of my mother, somewhat... even a for a brief instant he did remind me of Sasuke... Now that I think about it. Could... it be...

...No...That's unlikely.

I have no knowledge of missing relatives that... could possibly have been his age or were about to be born about the same time as Sasuke was born.

- If I remember properly...

According to what Shisui explained to me, he was born around the same night that the Kyuubi went rampant inside the village...That night...hm...

Regardless of what the truth may be, Shisui might be correct that we do resemble each other to some degree...there's definitely a sense of familiarity...even the way he called our names, especially mine.

... Perhaps.

Perhaps, I am thinking too deeply about this matter.

Today is Sasuke's entrance exam.

Regardless of what might be the truth surrounding that child, now is not the time to think about it.

He may not want me to know, but I can tell that he is somewhat anxious about having to take this exam.

I have to do my best to support him.

Chapter end

*2 chaps, because... no real reason, I just had a great outline. Be good y'all*

18