Chapter 66: The aftermath of the academy tryouts.
580 5 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Homura POV*

After that fiasco during the tryouts, most boys were too tired to continue with the exam, but some continued on anyway; at least from what I heard from the guys in my orphanage.

They were teasing me for not being able to complete the exam, at least for Zen and Toshi, I became their laughingstock for a whole week. 

Making fun of me for saying that I was going to become a shinobi but wasn't able to finish the entire tryouts.

Also, they found out that I sabotaged them, by turning off the alarm clock.

I had to subdue an angry Toshi, Zen didn't care much since my plans failed.

Thankfully for me, Toshi is not exactly the vengeful type and is quite self-absorbed to bother thinking of other people than himself, after a while, he wasn't angry so I could sleep soundly at night.

However, not everyone was so simple-minded. 

Uryuu just avoided me and didn't even look at me and when he did he seemed to want to beat me up...

Yeah, he can keep wishing... but that's never gonna happen.

Uchiha DNA, at least when it works; can't be underestimated.

I'd have to have a concussion to lose to him nowadays; I think he knows it too... he is a ticking time bomb that one.

Regardless, it doesn't matter too much that I wasn't able to finish boss said that the exam was mostly over by then anyway.

Boss can be kinda nice sometimes.

She meddled in my affairs, when I was by lonesome, and meditated about how I botched most of the exams.

You can count on her sometimes.

I didn't know that because no one wanted to tell me what happened after I passed out.

After I passed out, I woke up at the infirmary, together with a bunch of other kids, mostly the top runners.

Then one by one, they left together with their families.

I still remember Itachi looking at me when he came to pick up Sasuke... It was the scariest thing that ever happened to me. I pretended to be asleep but I don't think he bought it, he is a trained ninja after all.

A former child prodigy.

A jonin no less.

He probably could tell that I wasn't sleeping by my heartbeat, or the synapses in my brain firing electrical charges or something like that.

Thankfully he left without too much of a fuss after he came to pick up Sasuke.

Naruto was fully asleep when all that happened.

Like he had no worries at all.

In fact, from his face alone, I could tell he was having a nice dream.

I swear that guy is the biggest problem in my entire life. 

But I am cooking up something, to get my revenge. 

His days are numbered.

Anyway, as the kids who were at the infirmary got picked up by their parents, there were only guys like me and Naruto left.

Even they left after some time had passed.

Although in my case I got visited by some of the guys from my orphanage, it was mainly to make fun of me.

However, I didn't leave with them. 

After all, I waited for Naruto to wake up in order to set plans for my revenge, but by the time he woke up, it was almost nighttime.

He definitely had pushed himself past his limits, I wonder if he trains by himself when I am not around him or not.

Regardless, after he woke up, took him a few moments to realize where he was or what had happened but as soon as he did he started celebrating that he had won the race.

...it wasn't a race, but I simply indulged him in his own stupidity.

Let him drop his guard.

For the sake of my revenge.

Such an easy to manipulate brat.

But, it was truly hard to pretend to smile while the guy bolstered about his victory all the way until we parted ways. It was the second worse thing I experienced that day.  

At least, that was what I thought at the time, however, after I parted ways with Naruto and went home, I had another slew of problems awaiting me.

Mainly with a certain nosy sister.  

Just another amazing day in my amazing life.

...it was overall the worst week of my life.

Chapter end

 

20