(RAW)26-
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch26

...

-"You look really handsome, Chill." Told me Freya as we walked towards the guild, holding hands.

-"We both look stylish and deadly. babe, I love this gear already." I told her as I checked her gear, again.

Freya was wearing a dark blue shirt that hanged on her delicate shoulders and exposed her neck and just a bit of her bosom, she was donning a necklace with 3 blue gemstones, 2 small ones surrounding a bigger one in the middle, They were enchanted to enhance ice magic.

She had a black belt on her waist where her wand was hanging and a few other pouches.

Under the belt were dark blue tight pants. She was in black shoes too.

For the last part of the gear, she was in a black long cape that covered her shoulders, a bit under them, and extended on her back all the way down to 2/3rd of her legs, it also had a hood that covered her head, just as she requested.

I was in pretty much identical gear. Black cape, shoes and belt. Dark blue shirt, with a loose neck, and loose pants.

It's Worth mentioning that we had dark blue leather shoulder pads holding the cape and black leather knee pads. We also bought a set of black gloves but after I told her I wanted to feel her hand she just didn't even bother wearing them, deciding to hang them on her belt instead and so I did too.

-"Are you sure it wasn't a bit too much? I mean I know I liked it but 2 gold coins for the set... You could have bought another house." Said Freya as she looked at me with guilty eyes, as she was really excited over this particular set.

-'"Listen here, what do I need another house for? I got the best location for my current one," I told her in a teasing tone then continued a bit more serious, "I love this gear too, and it will stick with us long term. So stop feeling guilty about it, because even if you didn't come I would have bought it myself, the other gear all made us look like a ragtag bandit couple." I finished with a joke that made her Giggle because the other sets of clothes were all random colors and not as cool as this one.

-'I feel like a mage character from the mmorpg I used to play with the gang back in the day... ' I mused to myself. But I was pulled out of my thoughts as I felt Freya's grip tighten on my hand.

I looked ahead and saw that we were a dozen meters away from the guild, some adventures going out and into the guild were already looking at both of us, at Freya in particular.

-"Come my love, let's go inside the guild." I said a not so quiet voice as My staff popped into existence in my right hand and I dragged Freya along while tapping with it on the ground.

She looked at me with appreciation , then determined eyes as her face turned stone cold and walked right next to me. I made was already wearing a serious face myself, and we entered the guild as I opened the doors with my Telekinesis to look more mage-like and mysterious as most people would have second thoughts against a mysterious mage.

We entered the guild hall and headed towards to quest board. Luckily, the guild was not crowded at this hour and most people were either drinking at the bar or just sitting and chatting there. We did attractive attention but not the horny one towards Freya, because I stood our more each time I talked my staff on the ground and had my hood removed while Freya had heard on, it was a large hood that covered her head, ears included and extended a bit downards to hide her face but not obstruct her vision.

I saw Lucy and Tom with corner of my eyes but didn't greet them yet as I was in full serious mode, because I didn't act like I usually do in public and because I had to protect Freya even from stares, I loved her so much that I felt I could tear apart a man If he'd just look at her with horny eyes.

-"Let's pick something easy, we're just going out today to stretch basically." I told her in a calm but serious tone, VI had already scanned everything and I was reading them though a list in my field of view.

-"Mhm." Was the only thing Freya said as she also was in her cold indifferent mode.

-"How about this one? Killing boars." Said Freya as she pointed at a quest.

-"It's an E rank though and I'm still F." I told her in a low voice.

-"It's okay since I'm D our party can do up to E quests,the average. " Replied Freya, also in a low tone.

-"Alright, then." I picked the quest parchment with Telekinesis and made it float above my staff as we headed towards Lucy.

-"Hello, we'd like to take this quest please." I told Lucy as I handed her the parchment and bent forward towards her.

-"It's us, Big sister. We were bored so we're going to stretch *wink*" I whispered to Lucy in jokingly. The woman clearly recognized her sister.

-"You don't say?" Rolled her eyes, "But it's good to see you out of the house, Freya. Guess you found a man to party with *chuckle*" she chuckled as she looked at the cold Freya

-"Mhm" was Freya's reply again.

-"Alright please give me your cards to check if you can take the quest." She asked in a friendly tone and we complied.

-"Alright, you have a week to hunt 4 stone boars, good luck" she said as she handed us our cards back.

-"Thanks." I thanked her, and after giving a greeting nod at Tom we left the guild.

...

-"I wish I could use your Ice HexaShield." Told me Freya just after we killed our first stone boar. It was bigger than earth wild boars and could propell itself forward by shooting the earth under it's feet backwards.

-"I don't know if I can teach it to you but this should do for now, how about it?" I asked her with a smile as I conjured my shields around here too, as long as was close to me, VI could maintain her defense as well.

-"Great! Thanks, honey!" She beamed as hexagons of ice started revolving around her, then added, "Now I can just focus on offense, but are you sure you handle two of the spell?" She asked me with worried eyes.

-"My focus is always on you anyways, so it won't make a difference." I told her as I smiled at her from ear to ear.

-"Don't flirt in the forest you dork, we might get-" she tries to say but I interrupted her by leaning forward and giving her a quick kiss.

-"Hehe, don't worry babe I can detect anything moving 100 meters around us." I told her as I patted her head.

-"You dork! Don't just kiss me out of nowhere!" She complained annoyedly, but her excited tail begged to differ.

-"*Chuckle* you love kissing more than me, your tail never liked when we kissed this far." I told her as I pointed at her still wiggling tail.

-"Damn it," She cursed which made her look cute, "fine! I love kissing you, in fact I keep thinking about our kissing this morning all the time! Are you happy now? Dumbass." She said as she removed my hand from her head and turned to leave, I just chuckled and wanted to reply but I got pinged by VI.

-ping-[Stone boar detected, distance: 99m]

A stone Boar came into VI detection range and was marked on my minimap.

-"There's a second Boar a 100 meters in that direction, let's go babe." I told Freya in a solemn voice and her ears perked up as she looked at the direction I pointed towards and moved there.

She removed her hood when we entered the forest and so her hair was swaying as she moved. I followed close behind her without saying anything, as I turned serious when monsters were involved. I nearly died last time I entered the forest so I learned a hard lesson.

-"Focus on defense and I'll attack it. I want to try and use Ice spikes the way you do " She said, and by my ice spikes she meant the ice needles I told her about when we killed our first boar.

-"Alright they require focus though so just open with them, then switch back to normal ones." I told her and she nodded.

I stopped her about 10 meters away from the boar, it was eating a rabbit it probably had killed, as it was a monster and not an a herbivore animal.

Freya conjured an big Ice spike and shaped it like a long thick needle, it looked more like a stake and she aimed it at the boar from behind the bushes we were using for cover, then shot it.

The boar noticed and managed to move its head but the stake still managed to impale his shoulder so his death was certain.

-"Can I deal the finishing blow?" I asked as Freya shot 4 ice spikes at the boar who was glaring in our direction, eyes bloodshot. It barely dodged a spike while the other 3 sank in its side and the brute force made it fall over, now bleeding from 4 holes.

-"Mhm." Nodded at me Freya and kept 4 other spikes ready, floating around her wand

-"Thanks," I said as I moved closer to the boar

-"Hmm let me try Telekinesis first." I used a little amount of Mana and it made the boar stunned for a second, I kept increasing my Mana output untill I managed to break its neck. It costed me a 100 Mana which was way more than simply killing it with any other elemental spell. "Yeah Telekinesis is just bad for dealing damage, better use it for crowd controll." I concluded as Freya moved to and ruffled my hair, as I was squatting near the now dead boar's head.

-"It's okay, honey you're not lacking in offensive spells *giggle*" She giggled as she continued ruffling my hair for a couple of seconds.

-'I hated people touched my hair but I like it when she does, side effect of love I guess' I mused the thought just as VI pinged me.

-ping-[You Leveled-Up! Level 16 reached!]

-'Nice...check Freya too.' I ordered VI and got prompted twice.

-ping-[New Skill Unlocked! Lightning Manipulation: User can conjure and control lightning to a certain extent]

-ping-[LVL 18 Freya: Demi-human Female- 20y -180cm, Class: Ice Mage ]

-'So she went up a level? And Lightning!!!'

-ping-[Target Unlocked New Skill! Ice Wave: User can conjure an arc of ice forward]

-'Nice job my love! Heh.' I joked in my head but was pulled out of my thoughts by Freya's curious voice.

-"How did you detected the boar?" Asked Freya but then added as she saw my smug face, "What did you just discover?" She rolled her eyes at my face but her tail gave her away, again.

-"2 things, one for me and the other for you, which do you want to hear first?" I asked as I stood up

-"Yours first, I guess." She said tilting her Head like she usually do.

-"I Leveled-Up to 16 and unlocked Lightning manipulation," I said as I tapped the tip of my staff on the dead boar and lightning flickered from the gemstone toward the boar, it was not enough to burn anything though, but that alone gave me ideas.

-"*Whistle* that can be deadly." She said whilst trying to whistle but failed miserably.

-"Pfft-hahaha, why are you whistling." I asked her as I laughed and she pointed at me.

-"You whistle like that sometimes.*giggle*" She told me then giggled, "what's the thing for me?" She then asked.

-"Tsk, cheeky woman" I said but then looked at her and gave her the good news, "you Leveled-Up to 18, and Unlocked a new skill too." I told her and she beamed at the food news.

-"Really" she asked as she jumoed and hugged me in joy, "What's the spell name?? You usually have to read your status at the guild to find out and be able to use it." She then asked as she looked at me, but still had her hands around my neck.

-"Oh? That's interesting... " I found the idea interesting as I thought to myself how lucky I was to have VI, then looked at Freya teasingly and said, "I don't know... But I think-" before I could finish tho she just kissed me.

-'Was I too obvious?...' I thought to myself as she pulled out from both the kids and the hug and asked,

-"I'll kiss you again if you tell me the name now, pervert.*giggle" She called me a pervert as she giggled but I didn't care, as I heard the bait and decided to take it anyway.

-"Ice Wave: User can conjure an arc of ice forward. Is what the description says." I told her and she perked up at the name but then looked at me in confusion and asked.

-"I never knew skills had descriptions, the guild statue slab only shows the skill names" she told me and I answered honestly.

-"Yes it doesn't, even the normal Inspect skill doesn't either, but I can see skill descriptions too." I told her and she looked both impressed and confused.

-"How? And can you tell me the description of the rest of my skills?" She asked me, ears slightly perked up.

-"I don't know why others can't see description s so please it keep our Little secret, " I paused and hesitated for a moment but she clearly understood as she spoke.

-"I won't tell Big sis don't worry, I know she can be trusted but she might be forced to report it the guild at some point." She reassured me and sighed

-"*Sigh* I'm sorry babe, and about your skills, I can't read other people's skill descriptions unless they just unlocked it like you just did, but I pretty much have most of your skills so I can tell them to you," I told her honestly.

-"Hmm, alright. Let me test my new skill and you'll tell me on our bay back. Let's continue hunting tommorow, we got a week for the quest" she suggested and I nodded as I also wanted to test an idea of mine.

-"Ice Wave!" Shouted Freya as she pointed her wand towards a tree and a wide arc of frost cold wind and small ice grains shot forward from her wand, it froze the grass the completely and up to half the Tree's trunk.

-"Wow that was, argh..." Tried talking, Freya, but she faltered and nearly fell I caught her quickly from behind tho.

-"You just used half your Mana pool, you okay?" I asked her clearly worried.

-"Ugh, I'm okay, that's just a side effect from using a new spell that uses so much Mana, not everyone have your huge Mana pool you know?" She asked as she stabilized herself and turned around, "Thanks for catching me tho, honey." She smiled and blushed at the word honey, a sign that our love is still new.

-"I'll always catch you babe," I gave her a light pat on the head and she closed her eyes and enjoyed it, "let me test something out too," I then said and she opened her eyes and looked at me enthusiastically.

-"*Chuckle* you really love magic don't you? That Ice Wave was very nice too, but why did you say it's name out loud. Don't mages use magic like we usually do? I mean silently?" I asked her clearly confused and she just laughed.

-"Honey did you really not Inspect me till now?" She asked.

-"I just checked your name,age, height,level and class then stopped I considered anything other that to be a privacy intrusion." I told her honestly.

-"first you checked my age, that's already rude to a lady but I don't mind, just don't tell Lucy you inspected her*giggle*" She giggled then continued, "Also I have the skill Silent Casting it let me cast without speaking and as for you, you are just a magic genius you cast spells faster than one can blink, they'd kill to get you working for them in the capital. *Chuckle*" She chuckled lightly and continued, "So, no, honey most mages like 99% of them need to say the spell name out loud or they can't use their magic because most have a magic affinity under 3 while normal people have it at either 0 or 1." She finished and I was just plain suprised but I couldn't hide my smug face

-"Are you so happy that you're this talented and lucky? To have an 8 magic affinity." She asked amused.

-"Of course not," I refuted, "I'm happy because we are basically a super mage couple, no one will be able to hurt you if you yourself are this strong, how about having am even stronger boyfriend. " I told her with a caring smile and she just giggled.

-"You say the most dumb and sweet things sometimes you know?*giggle*" she giggled then added, with a soft tone, "But I love how you care about me so much, just like how you never asked how Lucy and I are sisters even tho we are different Demi-human types. " She finished as she moved closer to me and kissed me, it was the most passionate kiss thus far, however it was still a short kiss as we still were in the forest.

-"That's the promised kiss for telling me the spell name *chuckled*" She chuckled and said,"what did you want to test? Or did my kiss make you forget? *Giggle*" she laughed at me.

-"Damn you, cheeky woman." I told her, "of course I forgot, do you know how much of my mind just thinks only about you? Most of it." I said as I waved my staff in an arc infront of me and a thin arc of water formed, floating in the air. Freya looked at the water with curious eyes.

-"Lightning!" I shouted and I turned slightly red, it was really embarrassing. But as I shouted I pointed my left hand at the water and tried conjuring and shooting lightning into it.

-"Oh wow! How did it feel shouting while using magic?" She asked me Freya clearly amused.

-"Embarrassing. But well-" I stopped and Freya looked slightly alert, maybe she thought I detected danger but I was just pinged by VI

-ping-[New Skill Unlocked! Lightning Bolt: User can channel his Mana and shoot a bolt of lightning. Intensity and trajectory can be manipulated]

-"Hehe... Look at my new favorite spell." I told her as I pointed at the dead boar head with my forefinger and a Bolt of lightning shot out and pierced it's head, frying it on contact.

-"Kya!" Jumoed back in suprise, Freya, at the sound of lightning sizzling through the air, because it was fucking loud as I channelled a 100 Mana into the spell.

-"hehe, you're really adorable when you get suprised." I told her as I places the boar's body in my inventory, just like the first, conjured my Ice Board and gave her my hand after I rode it.

-"Let's go."

-"Warn me beforehand next time, okay?"

...

0