7- Knowledge and first Friend
53 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...

-"Hello, gentlemen. My name's Chill"

I was just going down to eat breakfast alone but what do you know? Some random bulky guy shouted to me, but after a second I was not worried as VI told me they are friendly according to its analysis.

-ping-[Scanning targets...complete]

-[LVL 30 Wade: human male-29y-172cm]

-[LVL 29 Mark: human male-29y-170cm]

-[LVL 38 Bob: human male,37y-168cm]

-'These guys look like three buff bros, sheesh. The last at least seems quiet' I thought to myself while sitting next to Bob.

-"HEY JACK! Get my pal here some breakfast, add a cup of honeyed milk on me!" Shouted Wade to Jack while smiling.

-"I appreciate it, how can I help you?" I thanked him and asked cautiously.

-"Relax son, we just heard about a new tall guy in town, and wanted to say hi." spoke Bob this time in a calm voice.

-"aha...hello, I'm the new guy, guess you already figured that out tho. Yeah, I'm new to adventuring and all that stuff" I explained embarrassed, it was talking to friendly people with no ulterior motives...something rare back on earth.

-"A green blood." said Mark while chewing on a loaf of bread with jam inside it.

-"as green as they can be sir. Got any tips for me? I'll be heading to the guild's library to get some information before accepting any quests."

-"Good thinking son, always keep your head calm and think before you get. A lot of young adventurers die each year because they rush in there thinking monsters are easy prey. I tell you: if they were easy prey we'd not have called them monsters." Told me, Bob, in a solemn voice

-"Aye-aye he seems the brains type and not the muscle heads like us. Listen here, no need to rush to kill monsters, at the end of the day you won't spend your reward if you're dead. So just take non-combat quests, you can even keep it at till E-rank no shame in that." Explained to me wade with a serious tone that seemed unusual for him, guess death is common here.

-"You are right, thanks" and I meant it. Everything can help, even if a little.

-"Here's your food Chill, and the honeyed milk." said Jack while placing my food on the table.

-"Mhm, thanks"

-"Now now let's eat!" Said, Mark.

-"By the way, I'm Bob that's Wade and that's Mark" introduced Bob while sipping on some kind of juice.

-"Pleased to meet you, seniors." I nodded at him.

-"Seniors heh? Haven't gotten some respect in a long time." said mark between each chew and bite.

-"So, Chill got laid, or ya still a virgin?" Asked me, Wade, as he casually ate his BLT sandwich.

-"*cough*cough*ugh... still a virgin, I'm inexperienced with women, aha but I'd rather get a girlfriend than spend the night at a brothel." I told him after nearly choking on the freshly baked loaf I was eating while drinking my honeyed milk.

-"Oho...listen to ya senior's advice, make sure ya get laid before ya get to rank D or C, ya know? To have no regrets as they say *wink*" told me, Wade, with a pat on the shoulder that felt like it broke some bones...

-"Stop messing with him wade, sorry for that." apologized Bob while giving wade a short glare.

-"No worries, my senior's words have some valuable wisdom in them,*wink*" I replied while winking back at Wade, which made him grin.

-"Anyways, thanks for the drink, I'll finish my jam sandwich on my way to the guild. Be seeing you again, gentlemen." I told the trio as I stoop up and bade them farewell.

-"aye-aye" replied the three in unison.

-'What a funny bunch, they got the cool uncle vibes going for them, heh.'

-ping-[waypoint set guild hall]

-"Great, Day 2: here I go..."

And with that, I made my way to the guild's library.

...

-"*sigh*So, you met a new interesting adventurer, again. How many times is it now, Big Sister?" Asked a Black-haired demi-human whilst rolling her eyes.

-"I know that I said that a couple-"

-"A hundred."

-"Fine! A hundred times, but this guy got something really interesting! First, he's sooo tall, second, he's handsome and fit, and third, some of his stats are just absurd, his magic potential is through the roof! He might be a rookie now but he'll even surpass you in no time, I'm sure of it." Said enthusiastically a blonde demi-human, apparently the Big sister of the first.

-"Uhuh, nice" replied the first absent-mindedly.

-"You! PAY ATTENTION! And he's coming to the guild's library today, we'll be going out after that and-"

-"Oh? Did he ask you out already? didn't you just meet yesterday? Why did you accept?" Asked the first, clearly surprised.

-"Oh no no, I just offered to show him around town. No dating. Yet, hehe~" explained to first and added some teasing at the end.

-"*sigh* just be careful okay? Don't let some guy trick you to get laid." Shook her head helplessly and told her big sister to be careful, since she always seems to find trouble.

-"*giggle* People always say you're cold and indifferent, I wonder what they'll say if they see your cute worried face now~" teased the blonde one.

-"you know I keep my distance" replied the black-haired woman, annoyed, "Unless it's necessary. Anyway, take care, and say hi to Tom, I've been studying hard to replace him when he retires"

-"You know, if you just find a party, you don't need to work at the guild, I know you hate paperwork and crowds. " 

-"It's fine, the pay is good, and all the men I've got party invites from just wanted to get laid. I swear I never will yield to a man." said the first with a determined face.

-"*alright sweetie, Big sister believes you*giggle*"

-"Hmph!" pouted the little sister with a face that would have made Chill fall head over heels for this woman, her being as tall as 180cm would not have made things easier. Too bad this conversation between those two demi-human women was taking place inside their house.

...

-"Hello Tom, how is work today?" I asked Tom in a friendly tone.

-"Oh, Chill. All good, guess you're heading to the library? Just go up the stairs and into the green-colored door. A copper coin's the fee"

-"Thanks, here you go, and how much was the card fee?" I asked while handing him the coin, having exchanged my gold coin for silver and copper yesterday at the inn.

-"The fee's a silver coin, we only charge production cost for the cards." answered Tom, to which I nodded and handed him a silver coin as well.

-"Great! Hand me your card for a second and I'll unmark it" which he did by passing my card into something under his task, a clicking sound later he handed it back to me. This time without the mark on it.

-"Thanks I'll get going then." I nodded at him and moved on to the library.

...

-"*whistle* what big library." I said to myself after I entered the room.

The library was a spacious room with 2 rows of bookshelves on the right and left of the door and shelves on the opposite side of the door hanging from the wall and holding all sorts of books. There was one chandelier in the center of the room where 2 tables were placed facing each other.

-'VI, there seems to be a record of all books on that table, I'll run through it. Scan and organize all titles, we got some information digging to do.'

-'Oh wait, I forgot that I can't read yet. VI how's the progress on deciphering the written local language?'

-ping-[Confirmed, Optical scanner on stand-by]

-ping-[Local Language deciphering at 40% more data samples are required. Scanning a book should complete the process]

-"'Let's get started then.'

...

Lucy arrived at the guide an hour after Chill, and after greeting her co-workers, headed straight to the library, being informed by Tom that Chil is already there.

To say Lucy was taken aback by what she saw would be an understatement, as she expected to find Chill sitting on a chair reading a book but what she saw instead was something truly magical:

The man was indeed sitting on a chair, back turned to the door but there were a LOT of books all around him, and not just laying on the tale, No. The books were floating and rotating around him, getting opened and flipped through in front of him, then returning to whence they come from and another batch flying out from somewhere in the room and joining the stack hovering around him.

-"Wow" was all that she managed to say. But that was enough as the books all stopped mid-air and the men turned around to look at her, with a calm expression as he offered her his greetings:

-"Well hello there, didn't hear you coming in." He told her with an apologetic face.

-"Ah,n-no need to apologize. I was just surprised, how did you do that?" Asked Lucy with a surprised face, sparkling eyes, and her cute ears pointing upwards.

-"Hehe, I am a genius." declared Chill shamelessly, with a smug expression, and continued: "I finally managed to learn telekinesis yesterday, I could not bother with handling all my clothes, too much work." Replied honestly as if what he said is just not plain laziness.

-"huh...I guess geniuses have their problems too, you are like my younger sister. Loves to stay at home and laze around all day.*sigh*" she wanted to continue talking but was interrupted by Chill surprised voice:

-"INTROVERT!"

-"ah-no, never mind." Quickly corrected himself as he turned a bit red from embarrassment.

-"what was that?" asked Lucy, with an oblivious face.

-"Ah, just a word to describe those kinds of people. Forget it, take a seat, come." Gestured to her to sit opposite to him, which She gladly did, not after teasing him of course.

-"Aw!~ you don't want big sister to sit next to you? It makes me suu~per sad" she teased with a small pout.

-"I'll see you better if you sit opposite to me." told her chill while smiling which seemed to have some effect on her as she just sat there obediently.

-"how cute." he murmured which did not escape her animal ears.

-"Are you flirting with me handsone~? We can't 'nya-nya' in the library if that's what you're getting at*giggle*" hinted Lucy with giggle and cat ears flickering about.

-'God what am I even saying to him? Now he'll think I'm a cheap whore!' Was what she thought inside her head, but managed to mask it with her act.

-"Oh.." He paused which made Lucy feel that the few seconds of silence that followed were an eternity. But he soon broke the ice:

-"Mhm, yeah. Can't deny I had some nasty ideas when I saw you yesterday. But-" before he could continue Lucy teased him more to try and get his true intentions.

-'What's this guy saying, with a straight face and his black eyes too...I need to strike the iron while it's hot.'

-"You had some naughty thoughts? Fufu~ do you want Big sister to help you relax~?" She continued teasing him.

-"*sigh* I'm a man you know? If you keep seducing me like that I might forget all reasons, and I have telekinesis so be careful." Told her with a smug face when he mentioned his new skill.

-"Wha-what do you want to do?" Asked Lucy, clearly flustered but what he just said but he continued.

-"Let me get this through to you first," he looked dead serious so she just nodded for him to continue, which he did:

-"You are very beautiful Lucy. But I'm not interested in you in that way, just to make it clear. However, my gut is telling me we'd make great friends." He told her, smiling while looking straight into her eyes as if to show her his honesty.

-"Ah..." was what Lucy managed to say before her ears bent down and mind went blank from the rapid development.

...

I could see how Lucy went from surprised to teasing to surprised again and finally to...blank? Yeah, she seemed incapable of processing what I just said, not like I'm in a hurry tho.

-'VI, how scanning the books going?'

-ping-[Language deciphered and library books scanned and saved to storage, progress: 42%]

-'mhm, keep going... I really wanted to stick it in this woman tho, I'd imagine her big breasts would taste amazing as well. But I just couldn't date her*sigh*'

I am not blind, I could tell she was interested in me even tho I just met her yesterday. I have been told more than once that my honesty will not always be helpful but so what? I just can't date her with how short she is! I'm 1.9m and she's what? a bit more than a meter and a half. Call me a discriminator or whatever, sure thing, but that's just my honest opinion. Aside from that, I had this gut feeling that I'd regret it, especially if I lost my virginity with her. I was mainly interested in her because of her looks. And for that I can just go to a brothel, which I won't. not yet at least.

-"gut feeling huh" she murmured with her head down.

-"yeah... are you okay? I'm sorry if I hurt you, not that you confessed to me or anything but still."

-"*slap*Yep! I'm fine, Chill!" She slapped her face, replied then continued:

-"I just found you interesting, which you still are but I guess we'd make better friends*giggle*" she said to me with a short giggle.

-"well, someone recovered pretty fast. The first time I confessed to my crush it took me a year and a half to recover from the shock of getting turned down, you know?" I told her as I returned my focus to the books. VI was scanning them, but gotta make it at least believable, no?

-"pfft-hahaha, A year and a half. How deep did you fall for her? and what's that, a crush? are you a kid; Hahaha-oh hey don't glare! it's super funny*giggle*"

-"Thanks for worrying for me. tsk-"

-"Anyway, Lucy. Why'd you think we'd make good friends too?" I asked her, curious as to why she said that too, as I continued flipping through books, VI was around 50% complete.

-"Oh that? I guess it was my Gut feeling." she declared proudly as she straightened her back and puffed her chest outward.

-"Hmmm, those are some nice guts you got there miss, hehe." I told her while staring at her breasts without any shame. What? If she wants to be my friend she gotta accept my behavior, at least in private. Besides, there are no social media weebs here to cancel me.

-"Eyes off the merchandise brother. These are not for friends*giggle*" she told me while shaking her "merchandise" left and right slightly.

-"How shameless. We'll make good friends, indeed ." I told her while laughing heartily.

-'A good friend indeed' I thought to myself

-"Oh, you look beautiful in those clothes by the way." I remembered now and told her my honest opinion. She did look beautiful having her golden blonde hair falling on her delicate shoulders, wearing a white open-shoulder blouse matched with yellow shorts.

-"You should say that at the start of a conversation you know?" Told me, Lucy, while rolling her eyes.

-"aha- my bad my bad,  don't have experience with women." I told her with a straight face, being friends now meant I can drop some of my acting facades.

-"*sigh* you know you looked more... mysterious when I first saw you. Not to mention that being this honest won't help you with the ladies."

-"yeah yeah, been told that before, it's just me tho.*shrug*" I shrugged at her and continued.

-"Give me a minute and we can go to wherever you want, I don't know any shop around here." VI was at 60% completed library scanning, I figured I could come back later, especially since I told VI to prioritize scanning vital books, namely magic-&-monster related ones first.

-"Don't worry! I know the best places around town, affordable too." She said with a proud smile

-"Good, I'm counting on you." I said as I sent all the still-floating books back to their respective places, stood up, went over to Lucy, and offered her my hand:

-"Shall we?" I asked her as I helped her stand up.

-"Such a gentlemen.*giggle* Let's go." said while letting out a giggle.

-"Lead the way."

 

Yet again! Chapter length?
  • SHORT! Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LONG! Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good. Stop spamming(no trick to make you click here,hehe) Votes: 2 100.0%
Total voters: 2
1