Chapter 6. First Time to Abuse My Power As a God. (1)
3.2k 6 98
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: Amamiya Vera}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After fighting my sickness for 6 years intensely, In the end, I am still dead. Even with all of those latest medical technologies my father put on me... I am still dead!

What a waste of time.

Thankfully, I didn't have a lot of attachment in that world.

Though...

If there was something I did regret, it was that I am still unable to meet and say goodbye to someone... who I had not met for the past 6 years.

A boy who I could confidently call as my best friend. I did prank and tease him a lot in the past, and yet he never really get mad at me. He is also very kind and sometimes is also cool.

I bet he is even cooler right now! 

The boy's name was Origami Jin.

He was the only one who ask me to play with him despite my status as a daughter of one of the richest men of Japan at that time, something that most people at my age find endearing at that time.

He is the only reason I have been hopeful about my recovery from my sickness and keep praying to God.

But it turns out that even God didn't help me.

*Sigh*

When I meet God, I will make sure to complain about why my life is so unfair!

Thinking about this is feels really hurt my brain, but with me floating in nothingness... I really can't do anything except think about it.

However, not long after... I find myself in a luxurious-looking room.  European style room?

...!!

"Hah..."

I take a deep breath and surprisingly, there is no difficulty for me to breathe at all. Breathing normally is something that I would have a much harder time doing when I was still alive.

I tried to move my arm and leg and It seems I was able to move too. I look at myself and nothing seems changed from my last appearance before dead, except I am wearing a white robe right now.

Is this place where I would meet god?

...!!!

As I looked around to figure out where I am, I quickly noticed that I am not alone.

I turn around and then saw him...

The boy with uncanny face, black hair and I couldn't be mistaken when I saw that ' try to be professional's eyes sitting in the chair in front of me. He got a surprised expression on his face, but I bet I also have the same kind of expression right now.

His figure, I couldn't be mistaken...

"...Jin-kun? You are Jin-kun, right"

...

"V-Vera-chan?"

It seems god didn't completely ignore my suffering.

Somehow I was able to meet Jin-kun even though it happen after death.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: MC}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"...Jin-kun? You are Jin-kun, right"

...

"V-Vera-chan?"

Amamiya Vera... my crush in elementary school. I really didn't expect to see her again... though since she is here, it means she has died.

Vera is the daughter of one of the conglomerates of Japan and she used to be my schoolmate in elementary school for years.

We are pretty close friends in the past. Close enough that she would love to constantly prank and tease me.

However, I dont really mind at all about her pranks because she was my crush back then. 

I thought we would be always together forever and later when I am ready, I could express my feelings to her but that moment actually didn't last long.

Because in our 5th grade she was moving out of the school without telling me anything about it. At the age of 12, she made me experience a broken heart and a sense of loss for the first time.

Naturally, at that time I tried to find her and want to ask why she didn't tell me but it was quickly ended in failure.

I was a little boy back then and I have no idea where to start.

At that time, I thought it was because her family doesn't like me playing with her so she forcefully moved out from school by them... but when I looked at the cause of her death right now...

*DING*

==================

Amamiya Vera is the sole daughter of one of the wealthiest person in Japan. The cause of death is an unknown terminal illness that she has been suffering from for 6 years.... which in the end was led to her death.

Her only regret in the world was unable to meet her best friend Origami Jin again and tell him the truth about her sickness. 

==================

Vera...

The fact that she was ill... all this time fighting her illness... for 6 years...

I could tell that she didn't tell me because she didn't want me to become sad knowing that she is sick all this time...

This is... outrageous.

Why her fate is so tragic?! Who is the god responsible for her suffering?!

...I am going to beat whoever is responsible for her!

...!!

The system immediately responded in panic: ["Jin-sama... Please calm down! It might be just her bad fate in this world and there is a lot of factors going on it! I dont think any god would do something like make someone suffer personally. There are too many humans in this world after all! Besides the cause of her death is clear here and it was the truth!"]

...!!!

But it is still unfair! This is... frustrating!

She is doing nothing wrong! She is just a sweet girl who is kind and loves to play pranks with others.

...I can't imagine how much she suffered for 6 years, while I didn't even know about it!

...

*Drip*

As I feel frustrated about Vera's cause of death, Vera suddenly called me out and asked: "Jin-kun, why you are crying?"

...!!!

I am crying? I didn't even realize my own tears coming out of my eyes. I can't help but be mad knowing how much suffering she has been experienced.

"I-I am okay... It is just something in my eyes that made me tear up. Sorry, Vera-chan." I said trying to deceive her.

I also tried to put on a fake smile and calm myself down. I can't show my uncool side toward her.

"Hmm~ You are sure weird as usual, Jin-kun."

She walks close in front of me and then wipes my tears with her white robe sleeves with a smile.

...!!

She nodded toward herself and said to me cheerfully: "Now, you are looking a bit better!"

I averted my eyes due to embarrassment and muttered: "T-Thank you.."

She move toward my sight and responded: "Moo.. Look at my eyes when you are talking. Anyway, You're welcome!"

...!!!!!

She never really changed.. all this time, her playful yet caring personality. 

This is why I had a crush on her.

She holds my right hand, look at me, and said: "Anyway, Jin-kun! I am sure I am already dead... since you are here, does it mean you are dead too?! How you are dead?! Tell me!"

I averted my eyes from her stares and muttered, "...Uh."

How I should tell her that I will be the one who guides her to the next world? 

["Just tell her flat. You don't need to hide it anyway."] The system commented.

She move toward my sight again and said "Moo... Moo!! Look at my eyes when you are talking, mister!"

...!!

I cleared my voice and said: "Err... About... that, I am not dead yet, Vera-chan."

"Eh...? Then, why you are here with me? Is this dream?"

She asked, she tilted her head in confusion... which honestly looks really cute.

"Err... I will be the god who will reincarnate your soul to another world."

Hearing my words, Vera's eyes widened and she let go of my hand while she is looking really surprised. Of course, hearing your old friend turn out to be a god was quite a shock and I wasn't surprised by her reaction.

"Wait... You are a God, Jin-kun?"

I nodded and replied: "Yes..."

She muttered to me: "You are kidding, right?" 

"I am afraid no..." I said while scratching my head, this is getting awkward.

"Then..."

Vera suddenly holds my shoulder, stared at me directly while saying:

"Can you explain why you made me suffer for a long time, Jin-kun?"

...!!!!!!

I gasped after hearing her question.

"A-ah..."

I can't even answer her properly due to how shocked I got by her question alone.

Of course, she would be mad at God, because she thought that was god making her suffer. 

After all, I also think about the same few moments ago.

"Is it because of all the pranks I did to you in the past?"

"No..."

"You should know the cause of my death, right?"

"..."

I quickly shook my head, trying to convince her by saying: "L-Listen Vera, it was just today I was appointed as a God, so your illness, it's not my fault... or anyone fault for that matter."

She stare at my eyes more intensely and replied: "Really?"

"Y-Yeah..."

"Really Really Really?"

"Y-Yeah... I swear."

...

She keeps staring at my eyes despite I answer her, probably trying to figure out whether I am lying or not.

I also tried my best to stare back at her, to show my conviction.

...

After a while of the quiet staring moment, she release her hold and cheerfully replied: "Un..!! I believe you! you might be meanie but you never lied to me!!"

I think she is the one who is mean here since she loves to prank me a lot.

But at least she didn't feel suspicious to me anymore.

*Sigh*

Just as I was feel relieved from the pressure she gave me, Vera suddenly hugged me the moment I let my guard down, immediately making me feel panicked.

"V-Vera..?!"

I tried to get away from her but then Vera muttered: "Jin-kun... Dont go. I really miss you, you know."

...

I can't tell her to get away since obviously, I miss her too. 

I never forget her all this time, after all.

...

"I miss you too."

"I am sorry for hiding my illness from you. I don't want to make you sad." She muttered again.

I can tell her from her voice that she really feels remorse hiding it from me.

I shook my head and replied: "...Yeah, that really sounds like you."

"I am sorry...I am sorry...I am sorry..."

...

She keeps repeating the words of 'sorry' as if she is a broken recorder.

*Sigh*

I let out a breath and replied: "Don't worry, I understand."

After saying that, I embrace her back to reassure her that I am feeling okay and not mad at all toward her. She didn't continue to mutter 'sorry', and both of us fell into silence.

...

For a while, we both enjoyed each other's hugs without saying anything.

However, soon Vera asked something that would make me feel panicked again.

...

"Nee... Jin-kun."

"Yes?"

She released her hug, look at me, and said: "Since you are God, you could revive me back right?"

"...."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[Intermission: Why is god reincarnating people with the memories of their past life into his world?]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(MC): "We got a question from Reader @Watchman, Why is god reincarnating people with the memories of their past life into his world for? Can you help us answer this question, system?"

(System): ["There is no particular reason, Some god doing this for amusement, some god doing it because they thought they didn't deserve what happen to their past life, and some of them also because god sometimes messed up, like killing someone accidentally by dropping random pot or lightning."]

(MC): "I see. Then what the purpose of the old man to send reincarnate soul from multiple worlds to my world?"

(System): ["...Promise me you didn't get mad, Jin-sama."]

(MC): "I got a hunch about the answer based on your current reaction, but just let it out anyway."

(System): ["I don't know the actual reason, but there is a big chance it was for his amusement."]

(MC): "*Sigh* I know you would say that. Considering that he did teach me that God didn't need permission to do anything they want."

(System): ["I am sorry for my creator, Jin-sama."]

(MC): "...System, can you tell me?"

(System): ["Yes?"]

(MC): "Is there any way for me to become more powerful than him? I really want to make him feel what I am currently doing right now."

(System): ["Jin-sama!?"]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Uh... as always turn off your brain while reading this wish-fulfillment lol. Cringe and Predictable, yay.

I had put that warning in my synopsis for reason.

Anyway, I accidentally made a chapter with 4000 words, so I cut it into two. Proceed to the next chapter, please. That's why it takes me longer to update this time.

No editor, so tell me if there is something wrong. Really appreciated.

If you got a question, I could try to make it on intermission like what happened in this chapter.. so don't hesitate to ask, lol.

98