Chapter 34. Valentine Day Event. (4)
401 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: MC}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Back again to the valentine's event, I am currently in a problematic situation. The current event activity I was participating in told me to hug and kiss my partner. It got worse when Vera looked at me with expectations doing this, and I had promised to do my best.

Normally, I would be happy to do this, but it doesn't need me to be smart to know what happened if I really kiss Vera right now. If I did, It would become a sort of trigger for the other girls, they will make moves on me too because of their competitive nature, and hell... even my sister will make moves too. 

To make it worse, I know there are no normal girls around me. 

["Stop complaining in monologue and do it, everyone around you is waiting for you, Jin-sama."]

You are not helping here!

...

"Jin-kun?" Vera called me again but this time there are concerns in her tone.

"But this is... You know... I feel it is not fair to others girls... my employee" I said to Vera, trying to explain the reason I am hesitating. 

Hearing my answer, Vera looks sad and looks down, it makes my chest hurt a bit to see it. It also can't help that audience begins to insult me for making Vera sad. 

...

""Coward!""

""Just do it!""

""Virgin!""

...

I can't bear to make her sad, but I also can't bear to ignore the feeling of the girls around me. I just can't. Vera might be my crush, but my affection toward other girls isn't small either.

["Sigh... I should tell you this after you did with Miss Vera but Miss Rin leave you a message."] The system suddenly commented.

Uh, Why didn't tell me directly? What kind of message do they want to tell me?

["After you are done with Miss Vera, They are going to get their share tonight and you can't escape."] The system explained.

...

What?

So this is an elaborate plan from the girls?

I am going to protest! They shouldn't manipulate the loot that I am picked from the box!

["Actually, the girls already predicted either you or Vera will pick that option Jin-sama, knowing how lucky she is when it comes to the lottery. There is no manipulation or anything like that behind it."]

So, this whole event has been scripted? That's actually the real reason why no one told me or Vera about the event detail right?! I bet 100% Vera didn't know about this either.

["Yes. Just give up, Jin-sama. This plan was also brought by Miss Mera and you know how smart she is when it comes to planning."]

No wonder Mera didn't show up in the chat group at all lately, I bet she feels guilty about this.

Anyway, this plan is way too perfect. If I kiss Vera right now, the other girls also going to ask the same because I already did with Vera. This effectively made the status quo in our relationship break apart.

Why they are doing this?

...

As I am questioning the system about the reason, this time Vera looking at my eyes as she tug my clothes... made me unable to ignore her.

"Jin-kun." Vera called me again but there is clearly a sadness in her tone... which made me frown.

"Y-Yes, Vera-chan?" I quietly answer her.

She look at me with puppy eyes and asked, "Do you hate me? You don't want to kiss me?"

"This..."

Hearing her question, I averted my sight from her and muttered, "But we are not---" 

"Jin-kun! Listen to me!" Vera yelled out, cutting me before I was able to complete my sentence.

"Y-yes!!" spontaneously, standing straight in front of Vera.

"..."

Hearing my answer, in front of me, She closed her eyes for a moment and take a deep breath. I really have a bad feeling about this but the atmosphere won't allow me to stop whatever Vera is going to say. I can tell the atmosphere became serious, with everyone looking at us in silence. 

...

After a few seconds that feel like an eternity, Vera opens her eyes, staring straight at me with determination, "You know... how much grateful I am for you after everything you have done for me. You give me another chance to enjoy life...  despite I haven't done anything to help you... despite, I was nothing compared to you... yet, you still help me. Save me from my misery, and try your best to cheer me up despite I owe you nothing at all."

*Inhale*

Vera takes another deep breath and continues her speech, "I might be dumb, I am also not confident to say that I am better than any girls around you, I am also clumsy and useless, and mess with a lot of things. But please... hear me out, because I... can no longer contain this feeling for you."

...

A single tear fell from her teary eyed as I watch her about to do something that could change our relationship forever. It does not me to be smart to know that Vera is currently... confessing her feelings for me. 

"I love you, I always like you, Every day, my love for you grows more and more. All good things happen to me nowadays because of you. Everything on my body, my soul, and my breath belongs to you. Please... go out with me!"

...!!!!

"I... I..."

Hearing Vera's confession, my mind went blank and I can feel how hot my face is now. 

*BADUMP*

I can tell my heartbeat throbbing so hard and an inexplicable feeling of sweetness entered my mind. While I am still scared of the sudden change in our relationship, I admit there is also anticipation and joy growing on me.

I am not ready, but it is clear I also like Vera. Getting confessed by someone you like, no males would be not happy about it.

Should I accept it? I mean... obviously, I like her too, I wouldn't be able to revive her if I didn't like Vera in the first place.

["You know the answer, either way, soon or later you know this is going to happen Jin-sama."] The system commented.

I know.

Honestly, I am not ready for entering an actual romantic relationship.

["So you are going to reject her?"]

No.

I can tell that I would regret it forever if I did that. 

So the answer is pretty obvious.

...

Confirming my own feeling, I put all the courage I have mustered for a while. I look into her eyes with conviction and then answer her, "Yes, please. Because... I also like you."

...!!!

The moment I answered Vera's confession with confirmation, all the audience cheered spontaneously to congratulate usVera who heard my answer suddenly burst into tears with a very sweet smile on my eyes and mumbled, "Thank you... thank you... thank you...".

...

"Congratulation!"

"They are so cute!"

"Damn, I am so envious but I'm also happy for them!"

...

Watching Vera's reaction in front of me, I also wanted to cry because I was moved by the situation... but I did my best to hold it and averted my eyes.

However, as if Vera had waited for that moment, She hugged me immediately and because I was unable to react quick enough, she proceed to put her lips on mine... and effectively stole my first kiss in front of a lot of people.

...!!

""WOOOHH!!""

"How bold!"

"Vera-chan amazing!"

...

Due to the situation around us, I tried to stop Vera because of embarrassment but she won't budge at all. Eventually, I just give up and enjoyed my first kiss, which taste like a cherry mixed with a mint. I assume she used the same toothpaste as my sister knowing that's the kind of toothpaste my sister always use. Still, I wouldn't lie that it feel sweet and made my chest feel fluffy.

"And that's it! The hug and kiss! Judge, please give your comment!" Saya announced as she watch our 'activity' along with the audience.

...!!!

I almost forget all of this was happening because of the event.

...

(Judge Comment)

"I feel this like a scripted, and some of the confession sentences bit a hyperbole. Still, objectively it is perfect hug and kiss after confession scene." (Kobayashi)

"I feel a bit envy for this couple and made me want to find a partner on my own." (Susanoo)

"I wouldn't lie, this is really surprising. Still, I admire the courage of the girl to confess in the stage... we really made a real couple today." (One)

...

In the end, After Vera let go of me and the judges finished judging, we looked at our scores and were shocked that we almost got a perfect score out of all of them. We gather much higher scores than the previous event, which is 10, 9, and 9 respectively coming from the judge. 

I am also convinced that the old man is a cat lover, how tf we are still got lower than the cat couple from him?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

...

For the rest of this event, let's just say... No one gets even close to our score except the cat's couple. Compared to the hug and kiss activity I only need to deal with my heart, the rest of the performances are just must harder to do and catch most of the couples off guard.... making their performance rather bad.

For example, Annie and Tora got a paper that says they need to make a love poem to each other. Sounds easy, but since they are not prepared, their performance can't be said a good performance since the poet their use is rather half-baked.

There are other papers that say "the couple needs to share their history of first meeting" and "the couple needs to share their embarrassing moment together." I bet the girls sure having fun writing the content of papers for this event.

["I have told you that Miss Vera's luck really worked."]

I agree. Vera's luck was really potent... Still, it really works too well for her though. So much that it feels scary. Since the confession, she has been clinging to my arm without budging, watching the other couple's performance without saying anything. 

Not that I complain, because I wouldn't be a man to dislike the 'soft' feeling on my arm.

["Don't forget tonight you might need to deal with the rest of the girls."]

You really love to ruin my fun, don't you?

["Pfffft."]

Damn, I really miss the old you, system. Old you never going to tease me like this!

...

Anyway, At the end of this event, the score has become like this.

Name Kobayashi Susanoo One  Score  Total Score
Military Couple 6 8 6 20 47
Cat Couple 7 7 10 24 37
Grandpa/Grandma Couple 8 8 8 24 46
Owner/Employee Couple 10 9 9 28 45
Fluffy Couple 5 5 8 18 38
Kid Couple 7 7 5 19 40
Incest Couple 4 2 4 10 30
Former Employee Couple 5 6 6 17 42
Yuri Couple 4 6 7 17 40
Samurai Couple 5 7 5 17 41

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

...

After an hour or so, the mystery box performance event is finally done and Saya is ready to move to another valentine's event. Most of the participants seems a bit exhausted, though considering what they did need to do in the last event, it wasn't very surprising. I also feel exhausted, mentally... it's much worse than working in busy hours for several hours nonstop.

"Let's move to the next event!" Saya cheerfully announced as she came back to the stage again with Kaya.

"How many events have we got left, Saya?" Kaya asked.

"Don't worry, this is the last one." Saya answered.

"Good. Lunch hour would come soon. And we can't neglect our customer." Kaya nodded at her twin and then continue asked, "What is the next event?"

Saya who hear her twin question quickly answered, "Well... The next event would have happened on the outside. Not here."

"Outside? The garden area?" Kaya raised her eyebrow.

"Un. Because the next event is to make chocolate for your partner! And we have prepared all the required tables on the outside!" Saya announced excitedly and then she continue to explain, "The rules are simple! Male stay in the main area, while females go outside to make the chocolate to gift to their partners later! The most amazing and romantic chocolate would win the game!"

Hearing Saya's explanation, I know the girls really outsmarted me by miles this time. No wonder my sister asked me to open a lot of space in the garden before!

Also, listening to this event rule would be entirely dependent on the female partner huh? The male doesn't need to do anything except when accepted the chocolate. I just need to be salted fish here, I guess. Also, I wonder why the cooking happened outside. What if there is rain?

["With you and Original One here, that would be impossible to happen."]

...Ah, You are right.

["Also, I think you got a wrong thing to concern here, Jin-sama?"]

What do you mean, system? I mean, all I need to do is wait here while Vera makes the chocolate for me--

...

..

.

Except Vera can't cook. Hell... she got banned from the kitchen.  I know because I was the one who banned her.

["You realize the problem now, Jin-sama?"] The system teased.

...Why did the girls put this on the event? Did they have a grudge against me? System, you are my assistance! Please help me! I don't want to taste poison!

[" Pffft."]

Can you give me a bit of sympathy? I am still your master, you know?

...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{3rd POV}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

While Jin wrecking his brain on how to escape from his imminent perilous fate, a suspicious man was monitoring a busy restaurant from a car parked in the area. This man is Kumagaya, who escaped from Sweet Carrot Employee's wrath yesterday.

He has been observing the restaurant for hours now and waiting for the right time to act. In his eyes, there are clear madness and an urge to ruin everything in his sight and that's the only motivation why he has been patiently watching his target from afar.

"No matter what I see, The security is a bit too much! What should I do?"

Holding the gasoline in his hand, the man thinks hard about how to execute his action. Kumagaya knows if he just rushes without thinking, that hundred security guards would definitely shut him down instantly and there would be no other chance for revenge on the sweet carrot restaurant.

Didn't he know, that his series plan of action actually has been known by the most dangerous person in the restaurant from the very beginning.

"What I should do? Should I wait for the event to end? But right now it's the best time to ruin their event!" Kumagaya mumbled but then he suddenly hear a voice behind him.

"Young man, didn't your parent teach you to be a good person?"

...

Kumagaya quickly turns around and finds there is an old man in a white robe sitting behind him. He was sure that he was alone in this car and he didn't realize his presence at all. Kumagaya stare at the old man with vigilant and asked, "W-Who are you?"

"Me? You can call me One, or Ichi." The old man answered with a smile, but Kumagaya only feel a chill from it. 

"How did you get here?! Did you hear my plan?" Kumagaya threaten, but the old man in front of him just smiled and answered, "You should stop doing this. You still have a chance."

Kumagaya who clearly can't think clearly gets mad hearing what the old man said and decide to shoot him. 

However, when he was about to take the gun out of his pocket, he finds that his arm suddenly gets petrified... literally turned into a stone and can't be moved at all. Kumagaya quickly becomes frightened and tried to yell, but then there is also no voice or sound coming out of his mouth.

Realizing all of just happened should be related to the old man in front of him, he tried to escape from the car... which is also not possible since his foot was also petrified without Kumagaya was realize it at all.

At this moment, Kumagaya knows he just offended something beyond his imagination and quickly prostrates on the floor, which Original One denied it.

"I have given you a chance and you waste it. Well, I already know this would happen so I might as well use you to be something useful before I send you to deepest hell."

There is a flick of madness behind Original One eyes as he muttered that, which scared Kumagaya out of his soul.

"For the promise, I did with Gin and Hikari to protect their son, I am going to capture you. And using this chance to teach him a valuable lesson."

...

Shortly after that, the Original One petrified Kumagaya's whole body except his head and then teleported themselves together out of the car.

...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Intermission: How do the luck stats work??]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(MC): "As the title of intermission said, can you tell me how do the luck stats work? it feels like everything that happens lately has always been in Vera's favor."

(System): ["Stat is literally an indicator of how strong someone's capability is. Also, you will see them often in the next arc, Jin-sama."]

(MC): "Well, the next arc is about isekai so I am not surprised."

(System): ["Why do you ask this Jin-sama?"]

(MC): "I mean... looking how good Vera's luck made me think if someone person's luck gets so high... I wonder what's going to happen."

(System): ["Just assume that Miss Vera's luck is so high, that it becomes something unreadable, like your own stat, Jin-sama."]

(MC): "Umm.. I am listening."

(System): ["Then Miss Vera would be able to affect everything around her into her own favor, bending reality, making impossible happen, etc."]

(MC): "That sounds.... damn overpowered."

(System): ["I am just kidding though"]

(MC): "Wait... I thought you were serious about that!"

(System): ["No, I am not. Do you think infinite luck, means reality bending Jin-sama? Who are you kidding? At best, it just helps you to deal with anything related to luck and fate such as the lottery or escaping from something"]

(MC): "...Then, why my luck is only 5?"

(System): ["...It is what it is. Do you think you are a lucky person?"]

(MC): "I think I do..."

(System): ["No, you are not. Like in this chapter, you are about to get poisoned and can't escape... and you think you are lucky?"]

(MC): "Damn, I hate you system!"

As I write this chapter, I realize how inexperienced I am when it comes to writing romantic scenes lol. Because of that, I secretly write another story to train myself in this particular topic. (I literally write fanfic to train myself to write in 3rd pov lol). You might want to check it out, but eh... as I said, I probably suck.

Btw, 3 chapters before I am completely done with this modern world arc. And sorry late update, if you see my profile, you know the reason.

I might take a bit break after the end of this arc though.

13