Chapter 5: preparations for a trip.
141 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After being promoted to rank "D" for my merits in exploring and fighting in goblin extermination, many teams wanted to recruit me.

I recognize that I am someone desirable, if it is a new team and without experience ... of course.

The more serious teams would look at me and ask me to join if I had the chance, not so eager, not so reluctant, obviously not someone that special in their eyes.

That's good, it makes me see a bit of the reality in which I live and not get carried away and end up dying due to recklessness.

So I spent the next few months completing missions non-stop and saving money.

When I reacted it was my birthday.

The good thing is that the day is the same in both worlds and I am not so confused.

Although like every year, I miss the tranquility and comfort that one enjoyed.

Internet, tv, technology, a comfortable bed and a family that does not have to worry about whether tomorrow they may die of a strange flu.

Although the night sky is one of the most beautiful things I can see here.

"... And nothing can make me change my mind, I am not special and I was born in this world, my only option is to work hard and survive in this job, here nothing is so easy ... nothing is." .. "

After saying that, the person hiding in the dark made a noise and slipped away, but seeing the black thread sticking out of the hood, I knew he got my message.

Obviously he is the traveler, he realized when he counted my money with words from my previous world and since then he harassed me every few days.

But in these months that have passed, we have both noticed the difference.

I'm a "D" rank rookie and he's a promising "B" rank prodigy, we both know why, but we prefer to shut up and he finally left me alone.

We may cross but ... How much advantage will it take me this time? A hero? It is not as important as observing tonight.

And at dawn another shopping trip began.

This time I spent most of the money on a bag with space magic.

The price is ridiculous but it is useful for a loner like me.

And then spend on food, potions, clothes, weapons, and better armor.

Complete my last mission here.

-Missing girl-

It seems like a girl got lost in the woods recently and they need someone to find her.

I should have ignored her and continued but… I just wanted to say goodbye and advise of my trip to the guild and then continue but they hung up when she entered.

The mother came 10 minutes ago and the ad was ready but no one took it seriously.

And so with everything prepared I plunged into the forest following the path indicated on the map.

The line is a disaster showing the desperation of the mother and the urgency of the mission but I continued on my way.

What surprised me the most was the silence and calm in the forest.

Normally, even when wolves roam the place, rabbits don't hide, but now ... it's abnormal.

And the situation is more incredible than you think.

That girl will not even be 10 years old but the magic circle that she shows in front of what I would call the king of the forest is something that only an archmage could do.

But seeing her gray eyes I could understand.

(magical crisis)

It is something that happens to children when they show their future potential and it happens in 2 ways.

Usually she only appears when she is measured in a magic crystal and then packaged in a magic academy or ... In mortal danger.

But as everyone knows ... it just shows the potential.

When the girl's magic ran out and her eyes returned to their previous fear of hers, the beast prepared to attack.

And so I, someone who should run away from this situation, made my last low-level mistake.

-Be a hero.

I blocked the attack with my sword and it only snapped as I pushed us both towards the farthest tree.

Despite feeling my dislocated arm, I picked up the girl and started running.

My senses were sharpened to the limit and I could feel a magical voice in my head.

-You have learned the skill [sense of danger] -

It's funny that in my 20s this is the only time I've heard it.

The difference between having the ability and not having it is ... When you don't have it, a vague feeling makes you make a decision and when you have it ...

After turning left and running, I see how the path I was on was destroyed by a small tornado.

My legs are on end and my arm is numb and even dead, but the girl can only see my calm face as if everything is fine.

Dodging wind blades, claws, and gaining a small advantage from him, she appreciated this timely ability.

When we hit the road and I saw the city in front of me, I could only feel relief.

"Run to the door and tell the guards an" A "grade threat appeared, take my badge and show it, go quick, I'll buy some time, run!"

Although the girl was stunned, she started running towards the city.

Then I went back to the forest and saw the monster in front of me.

Long arms and sharp claws.

Reddish and sharp eyes.

Very large fangs and an agile body.

His magic attribute should be the wind from the attacks she fired while running.

"Grrrr ..."

"That's why I didn't see you often huh, how unfortunate ..."

The wound near his right eye remained although it evolved but this wolf always caused me problems.

Looking at the small bottle of powder in my hand, I couldn't help but laugh.

"Since we can't run ... Let's settle the accounts."

At that moment I dodged the attack of the wind but my leg is not as fast as his attacks and I suffered another injury.

I reacted to the pain and he took the opportunity to get closer and take a bite, I raised the shield with my half-dead arm and realized how stupid I had been.

"-ahhhg"

Looking at what is left of my arm I try to ignore the pain while avoiding his attacks even though my body is full of more and more wounds.

And after only 5 minutes I am devastated.

At this point that girl should have arrived in town and the emergency order and formation will take 10 more minutes.

"... He he"

And the monster in front of me ... is unharmed.

I pulled out the lighter, grabbed my bottles tightly, and started running towards him.

He too came closer and seemed to sense danger, but he didn't stop.

The hatred we have is eternal.

He leaned me against a tree and I managed to jump into the air.

Although the snout of that thing already has half of my body inside.

I can't escape after all.

He really shouldn't have taken this mission, he should now be in the middle of the safe and somewhat boring path.

Feeling how my body was split in two by his bite and his teeth began to crush me, I light my lighter and bring it closer to my powder cans.

This is what I hate about common heroes ... they are only recognized when they die.

4