Chapter 15: Magic of the Future.
93 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been 7 years since I was born again and this time I am a human.

Unlike before, this world is not backward and books are common, but I was also lucky and my family is somewhat rich.

The stories I read as a child opened the door to the world for me and I discovered that I was still in the same world all this time.

There are short stories about the mighty wolf of a duchess who sacrificed himself for her from the attack of a dragon.

A great horror story about lizards that used swords and destroyed towns.

Stories about the Hero and his victory over the Great Demon King.

But right now, they are all stories from the past and some are even treated as fiction.

Some enemy races wear semi-modern clothing and have jobs.

I even saw some demons manning stores.

The driver of the vehicle that takes me home is a demihuman.

You are lucky if you see a fairy, it is estimated that you found an idol that was hiding from the paparazzi.

The monsters are almost extinct after multiple wars.

But they are still in the corners of the continent, so the Adventurer job was changed to Patrol and they are like the police in my first life.

Eliminate elusive monsters and powerful criminals.

Even some monsters are completely extinct like the Dragons and all their sub-races.

I know this from my father, he is a researcher in a laboratory trying to revive species and his ultimate goal is to revive the Dragon with the help of a fossil egg.

My mother is a Master of the imperial academy I attend.

So I decided to take advantage of my travel benefit and started to stand out as a little genius.

Unlike before, now there are schools for children and it is seen that life is very calm.

But in my mind I wondered how I was going to die.

I couldn't help it, past events haunt my mind all the time and in this peaceful era, unless I die at the hands of other near-extinct humans or monsters, it is estimated that I will live to old age.

Should I be happy? I don't know, but now that I have returned to my old calm and calculating way, I have been able to enjoy this life.

I read the books in my father's library to pass the time and became interested in the research he talked about so much.

So since I was a child I tried hard and took advantage of my age to get double the information in a short time

But school is something different from my first life and if you want to be a magical investigator you need something essential ... Magic.

Happily in this life I can feel the magical power run through my body.

But seeing the flames in the palm of my hand, a chill runs through my body and this magic is only forcibly suppressed.

Because it had to be fire ... Is this a joke in bad taste?

How painful it is to feel the fire inside and outside the body.

Thanks to that my work was blocked and I could only be an ordinary investigator until I got over my fears.

Sometimes I regret being human again, your fears multiply and in this peaceful era there are no reasons that alert me to overcome my fears.

Walking to school with my cute neighbor Tami I can feel lucky.

It is as if my life rewards me after making me suffer ... although at the moment we are children ... I can wait for him to grow up and die of old age.

With a firm goal in mind, I waited for the teacher to enter the classroom while he looked at the naive and ignorant children who were smiling happily and doing mischief.

Sometimes I wish I was like them… I thought as I read my Advanced Magic Theory.

How I envy them.

2