Chapter 24: Bedtime Story
76 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Devouring the last wyvern of the pack, see the small point of light near the forest on this dark night.

Curiosity and caution conflicted and I decided to go back to my cave until I made a real decision.

Spreading my big wings, I raised my big and heavy body bit by bit and sped away from the spot.

It has been 60 years since I was reborn again in this ancient and brutal world.

Shelters will be invaded, beings you can consider friends can die at any time, and the fear of Demons made me run away all the time.

I met all kinds of dragons in my travels.

Some were aggressive and you couldn't go on without a fight.

Some were somewhat sensible and after a few frictions you separated and saved your strength for the trip.

While other madmen did not stop until they were or saw you defeated.

The injuries and losses at those times served me well and my violent temper was suppressed.

They all had something in common, they believed themselves to be a prosperous and dominant race... how sad.

I slowly walked around my big cave while throwing a big ore into my snout and starting to chew.

At this point they were no longer useful but it had become a habit, like when you come home and take a fruit from the table.

Going around the bright hill I reached the deepest part of the mountain and my body began to shrink.

When he became as small as a child, he sighed again.

The dragon's longevity was enviable.

My blue hair reached my shoulders, my body was surrounded by a beautiful black suit something childish... but my body leaked a depressed aura and I lay down on the beautiful elf who was sleeping soundly on the mountain of leaves.

She seemed to react and got scared when she saw me.

"... Lord... Lord Dragon! What... is wrong?!"

"...Tired~"

Her body wouldn't stop shaking, but at this point I didn't care.

Her thighs were very soft against her fine clothes, but my appearance made me feel sad.

Who knew that trying to have a humanoid form to blend in would turn out like this?!

After feeling her trembling fingers stroke my hair I could feel peace moving.

These days have been the quietest I've ever had.

Even though my ability was still alert all the time... I can't help but enjoy these moments.

After a long time in silence, I decided to ask again.

"...Are you sure you don't want to stay with me Kaslia?"

"...I...dragon lord...I must return home, if I don't...my family will be very...very sad"

"...mmmm"

"...but... I, I can accompany you for a few more days..."

"No, no more..."

Ever since I saved her half a year ago, this conversation always ends the same way.

It doesn't matter if I try to be gentle, adapt to her, make her see the sunset or the beautiful stars high up in the sky... her fear of her doesn't go away.

Is a dragon's reputation that bad?

Or are there stories of the evil dragon that has confused the minds of these young elves?

Although there is some truth in it...

"...I'll take you tomorrow"

"Really?...Can I...come back?"

Hearing the joy in her voice, my body started to chafe, but feeling her touch become softer, I ignored the anger that arose and smiled at her.

"I won't hug you anymore... Let's just rest and it will all be over."

Listening to her sleeping soundly without the usual sobs, I looked up at the ceiling bored.

Walking quietly out of the cave, a crazy idea popped into my mind.

What if there was no place to return to?

Could I stay with her forever?

She would be mine alone!

But after feeling the rays of light that heralded dawn, I sighed bitterly.

The lonely and boring life would return.

Walking hand in hand, I released my aura so that we wouldn't stop along the way.

Arriving at the gates I saw an army ready to fight to the death.

I just saw them bored and buried my head in Kaslia's stomach.

"...don't you want to travel with me? Do you really want to be locked up here forever? I'll take you to see more beautiful landscapes alone... Come with me kaslia."

"...sorry, I...can't"

Hearing the familiar reply, I looked at her with my bright green eyes and showed a sincere smile.

"You can't regret it after choosing... goodbye Kaslia"

Transforming again, I flapped my wings and flew away from the elven realm.

I ignored the surprise or cries of warning and continued flying south.

All the treasures had been devoured before he left and there was no point in staying near here anymore.

It was just a whim and my desire to communicate with someone other than with grunts or other strange language.

Should I have let her die at the hands of those cats? No... Make a good decision.

I looked at the little crown on my finger and started looking for another place to have lunch.

The monsters are very hidden lately.

I hope nothing bad happens.

 

 

3