Chapter 26: Quiet ride on a sinister night.
81 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing the anxious and fearful people returning to their homes, I leaned back on the bench and looked at the clouds in the sky.

Hearing mothers desperately yelling at their children who were ignorant of what was going to happen, I finished eating this sandwich.

There are always problems wherever you go.

Walking through the now deserted streets I slowly joined the large army that gathered at the gates and ignored the barbarian who was giving a motivational speech as he prepared the barrier to protect this city.

Counting the days his attacks have been increasing.

Seeing the familiar scene of bodies falling and demons screaming in agony, I kept control and avoided secret attacks in places I couldn't see.

It is exhausting work and after a few hours of fighting the demons fled and the cries of victory mixed with the cries of the new widows and orphans.

I just looked indifferently at the process and looked at the smiling young man in the center of the crowd.

His long ears confirmed his identity and the exquisite armor surrounding his body made my stomach growl.

The hero of this world, Hellen.

Although now he is just a child who lives his first battle very different from the rude and sad man of the portraits.

"Hey Blu, did you see me? I managed to defeat the demons, I was able to protect these people!"

"Yes... you did a good job"

Trying to get him away from the furious eyes of those women, I waited for him to calm down and looked around.

"You shouldn't be so happy if your battle isn't perfect, the pain felt by others will only get bigger when listening to you... you should praise the fallen and celebrate the victory that everyone achieved... Not just yours."

"I know...I was excited...I'm sorry"

Hearing his soft voice, the image of the young woman in my memory overlapped his and I stopped scolding him.

"Forget it...just be more careful...now go and have fun."

Seeing him laugh with other young soldiers, I returned to caress the crown in my arms.

He is the only thing left of her and a horrible future awaits her.

Despite having taught him everything he knew, his mind was still naive and he searched for some peaceful solutions that were useless at the moment.

I can only guide him slowly.

After the celebration I looked at the distant forest at night and felt a presence near me.

"...What happens now?"

"...I can't θ§μГ go out... I'm attached §ฯ¤Ω¡^ to you"

"Neglected..."

Looking at the black silhouette next to me I thought how weak I was before this world.

Even the gods in the heavens ignored the situation like humans seeing ants crawling up the walls.

"...&€#§ you must... Find Ω<ฯ¥ a way"

"...He"

Feeling his presence disappear again, I looked up at the starry sky.

How terrible.

Jumping off the wall, I started walking while activating the barrier and ringing the alarm bell.

After a time of confusion, the war began again.

At dawn, among the sudden rain that fell on the bodies of the vanquished, the smell of bitter victory reigned.

He sat me down next to a depressed Hellen and rubbed her back gently.

"Was I... so useless?"

"At least we're alive... Well, don't look at me like that... It was inevitable, the leader is not qualified"

"Maybe... But... Do I deserve this armor?"

Resisting the urge, I encouraged him again and watched as people packed their belongings and prepared to leave.

This was another lost town.

What happened in the morning was a decoy and at night came the real attack.

Although Hellen shone and showed his potential, the soldiers who accompanied him paid the price.

With an almost zero army there was no longer any reason to defend this place.

"If you want some consolation... Battles on the edge of the continent are even worse"

"You're not good at this... are you?

"...yes, I've been told a lot"

Walking for another 3 days we all reached the refugee kingdom and were able to rest.

When I went out to look for food, Hellen decided to follow me.

After struggling for a while I gave up and we advanced through the forest.

"My mother said that she would find you but... At first I was suspicious, you know you are a dragon... all dragons in tales..."

"They kidnap the princess and lock her in her domain waiting for the knight to save them?"

"...well...if that happens...but you are...

"I'm like in the stories... I locked her in my cave for a long time... but she wanted to leave..."

"...and you let her go... That's why I trust you"

Looking at the smile on his face I dove towards him and avoided the attack that came out of the darkness.

"Fufufu, but if it's not the little baby~ are you lost?"

"...where is the?"

"He'll know soon... fufu... HAHAHAHA"

At that moment the sudden explosion sounded from the shelter and I couldn't help but get angry.

"We must return quickly!"

Looking at the figure next to me, my mind returned to calm and I became entangled.

"So that's it...SO FUN!!!"

Sensing the alert, I grabbed Hellen and dodged the attack again, at that moment seeing the figure of Yads under the moon, her face became serious and she prepared to attack.

Right now she could only fight… Heroes are troublesome.

4