Chapter 27: Dying.
55 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Haaaaah!"

After the demoness dodged the attack, I appeared and fired my heat beam, hurting her a bit before she disappeared again.

"THEY'RE NOT GOOD GUYS!!"

Tracking down her voice I prepared to attack only to see Hellen in front of me, she reacted quickly and defended herself from the sudden attack while I searched again.

"YOU'RE NOT SO BRAVE ANYMORE~ HAHAHAHA"

Ignoring her annoyed laughter from her, she tried to attack her while she avoided hurting Hellen.

He also helped and her strategy was not very profitable after a while.

Using my wings and taking to the sky as if to escape her, I gave Helen a warning look and ran after her.

Transforming back into a Dragon, I resisted her attack and snorted.

At that moment I felt a sharp blow to my jaw and looked at the stunned figure.

That carelessness resulted in another attack that slammed me to the ground.

"HOW WEAK HAVE YOU BECOME!!!"

Feeling the blow again. I rolled to the side and was hit against a large rock.

"WHEN ULK SEES YOUR CORPSE IN MY ARMS, HE WILL BE SO ENVY HAHAHAHAHAHA.. HUH?"

After she got close enough, I jumped into my small form and hugged her tightly.

"Hey...? No! Let go of me, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! LET ME GO, LET ME GO!"

Ignoring her injuries and struggling, I increased the speed of my spell.

Feeling the explosive power leave my body, I thanked him for blowing me away to try and get away.

After the big explosion I fell next to her wounded body.

"...brother?..."

"...I'm not Ulk...sorry"

I hit her face continuously, she assured me to use the remaining magic power and shot my breath.

Letting her live is nonsense.

Seeing how her body no longer reacted, a trace of happiness appeared on my body.

"...haa, haaa.. The other one got away, but we managed to keep him...safe...Blu what's wrong...what's wrong with your face?"

Observing Helen's anguished expression, I caressed my face and felt the veins protruding from my skin.

I am at my limit.

"It's nothing... just bring me a cape to go back gheeehk"

Leaning on the big rock, my body felt weak and expelled all the black liquid.

After breathing for a moment he discovered that the figure did not know when it had left.

I wouldn't be surprised...even I would be scared.

After a while I'll recover and be able to follow the team back to the dwarf realm.

Maybe have a drink? It can serve a little.

At that moment my vision darkened and I removed the black cloak from my face.

"...Thanks"

"Okay... We have to get back fast"

What a good boy.

The way back was very hard.

A victorious and defeated army, fierce attacks, ambushes and deadly hunger.

Looking at the depressing state of the people around us, the poor dwarf guard couldn't help but be alarmed.

After lunch I went back to my small room and canceled the cloaking spell while looking at myself in the mirror.

The black veins are already near my eyes and wrists.

My body feels dull and somewhat rusty, but at the same time very agitated, looking at the white strands that discreetly appeared I sighed.

Exploiting your body and magical power to the limit is always dangerous.

not controlling your own magic to the point of accidents will cause irreversible damage up to death.

I sat on my bed and picked up the crumpled envelope again.

"Dear Dragon Lord...

I miss him so much, you must see the young man in front of you, he is my only son.

At this point I must have died.

I'm sorry I didn't choose you but please protect him, I know that if I had gone with you maybe now we would be far from this place and you... too.

I figured it out from the reports and the fact that you're the only blue dragon left now.

My husband has died in this senseless war and this whole situation made me sick to the point of waking up a couple of times every month.

But fate seemed to joke with me and selected him as the successor to the sword.

After the kingdom was destroyed, we hid in your cave for a while and my body can't take it anymore.

I'm sorry for everything that happened, but I hope you can forgive him too... For him you are a great support.

At this moment only you are my hope...

, only yours... Kaslia"

Crumpling the paper, I closed my eyes and sighed deeply.

"...you can't regret it if you made a decision"

At that moment there was a knock and I heard the voice outside my door.

"Mr. Blu? It's time for dinner, I... I managed to catch a big boar for you, it's very big!"

Calming down the anger in my heart, I saw the creepy boy in the mirror smile softly.

"...I'll be there...Hellen"

 

2