Chapter 28: Hero
52 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I watched the battle on the ground and the increasingly impressive attacks from the warriors and demons, I released a large ball of energy and destroyed a large gathering of demons while returning to the camp.

Returning to my childish form, I walked slowly through the wounded and dead piled up all over the place.

Avoiding the Healers and looking for the most lively store, I approached this pseudo-meeting and greeted my "friend".

"...You look terrible"

"... do you want me to talk about you? Tell Jilus what he saw a few days ago, this boy prefers to live deceived"

"It's not that! We need a break, the resources for winter are already exhausted and everyone is tired!"

"Do you think I'm not tired?! Do you know how many friends have died outside?! Stop worrying about yourself!"

Watching the fight with some interest, I noticed Trevy's increasingly dangerous eyes and knew he had to talk fast.

"They prepare for a big attack, at least 3 generals and that Monster can act for the first time... I don't think we should fight each other now."

"Are you sure... that's terrible, you know?"

"I couldn't lie even if I wanted to... I have to go and tell them that they're going to use the stolen dragons... It's very annoying"

Leaving the commotion of the camp I headed for the nearby mountain.

Even in an alliance they can't coexist peacefully, ignoring his disdainful eyes, I entered the cave and saw the big red dragon lying down.

His name is Bremair and he is the chosen leader of the dragons.

The size of him is impressive, his enormous strength and the pressure I feel just by seeing him shakes me and makes me realize the decline of the species in the future.

These great pillars will fall leaving behind a race that can only hide from the small humanoids they despise.

"I don't like seeing you that way Blu...you make us look weak!..."

"...I don't care, it's not that important anymore..."

"Humph... What are you here for this time?... Isn't the help we gave them enough?!"

"...it's not that... Those devils will use the younger ones again..."

"DAMN IT!!"

Using the protection on my entire body, I waited for the flames to die down before continuing.

"We should alert all humanoids of this, if we continue to hide it they will believe that we are not on their side and we will be the object of attack..."

"Ha! And show weakness? Do you want us to ask them for help?! Besides... What can they do against us? WE ARE THEIR MAIN SOURCE OF ATTACK!!"

"...He is also preparing to attack this time... We should call more brothers to fight..."

DO YOU THINK I'M WEAK?!!! I WAS JUST WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT, I WILL DEFEAT HIM AT ONCE AND WE CAN GET OUT OF HERE, being surrounded by lesser creatures disgusts me..."

Although I was a bit disappointed, I made a standard bow and left amid his roars.

When I returned to camp, the battle had temporarily ceased.

But everyone knew that what would follow would be worse.

"...hey Blu, are you scared?...

"...yes...Dragons are stubborn and there will be consequences, humans are greedy and only see profit while elves and dwarves can't leave the peaceful era that is no more...I'm so scared."

"It's true that... the demon king will come this time... what should I do?"

“…you can only fight against Hellen…you are the hero of mankind…A pillar that gives hope, the light of his future….But to be honest, you are still very young… "

"I am the hero... I am the hope..."

Seeing the nervous and scared state of him, I thought deeply.

Why must I fight this war?

Aren't there more continents in this world?

Why blind yourself and decide to fight?

My goal and the study of magic do not need me to stay here... I can leave regardless of your barbaric thoughts and ignore your undying contempt.

"... Helen..."

"What's up Blu... Did you detect something? We should let you know-"

"Let's run away..."

"Hears?"

Seeing his incredulous eyes I couldn't help but laugh a little, his silly face is familiar and very funny.

"We don't need to fight here... We can search for a new continent, you don't need to fight... you're just a little..."

"Your size doesn't give me confidence... haha"

"Hehe...I'm serious, Hellen...I never wanted to fight here...maybe kill a demon...but then I'd get hurt from here...I'm only staying for you"

Seeing the serious look on his face, I heard a familiar response.

“…I'm sorry… I can't, you're right about something… I'm the Hero, I must fight and protect this place… My mother should be proud to see me. ..And I will be able to avenge dad... Blu... I hope you understand.."

 

After seeing her complicated and somewhat guilty look, I sighed and handed her the crown in my hand.

"This... this is..."

“Well… Since it's like this, we must prepare ourselves, the fight that follows won't be easy, you know Hellen… running away from the battle isn't shameful, we just have to come back stronger and make them regret not finishing us off.

If you can't run away, hold on, no matter how much pain you feel or how desperate you are, you must hold on and then seize the moment to hit the enemy hard."

Seeing his face somewhat tangled, I patted his shoulder after bowing slightly.

Seeing this we both laughed for a while and I said goodbye as I watched him return to camp.

When he was far enough away from me, I returned to my earlier bored expression.

"...the Hero...so unlucky."

I spread my wings and ran to a nearby mountain to watch the sunset.

Sensing my ability to react, I thought it would be better to have left.

But you can't regret it after making a decision.

 

 

2