Chapter 31: Seed
56 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A dark place again...

Again?

It feels familiar and unfamiliar... Something fun maybe.

Right now I'll always try to get out... No, sometimes I just wait... What?

My head hurts... Head?

I just know I'm hungry... I want to eat... I WANT TO EAT!!!

Hey?

I feel how my body fills up little by little... It's delicious.

I want to eat more... But now I'm thirsty.

I want water! Where do I find the water?

Oh!

Do things just happen by thinking about it?

But after a long time of eating and drinking, I felt how the water diminished...

I also felt that this space was already too small for me.

I have to go out.

Go higher!

Find that thing that keeps me warm!

After a long time I managed to break that barrier in my body and only saw darkness.

But something was pressing on me and I smelled like... Earth?

Maybe because it had rained not long ago it was a bit light and I decided to keep going up.

When I finally get out, I look at the strange sky.

It was reddish and somewhat somber.

I looked around and some small plants came out of the ground.

I tried to get out of the place but I couldn't move.

What happened?

Where are my arms?

What is an arm?... No, I remember what it is...

Why do I remember?

I feel scared and cold.

After a few minutes? Hours?

I felt a little heat in my body.

Warm and nice.

The wind caressed me little by little and my hunger quickly ended when I felt the food reach my body.

Then something in my mind seemed to clear up.

My name... Kael? No... I'm Blu... or Wolwy? ...maybe be...

No... It was never important.

Yes, I just have to trust my abilities and try to survive in this world.

That is my goal.

Balancing against the wind day by day, enjoying the heat, enduring the cold.

Hearing roar in the distance, enduring the horrible earthquakes, The strong Frosts, the terrible Hurricanes.

Watching as a thunderstorm destroyed another nearby tree.

The years passed in a very strange way.

At this time he can no longer count the days and has become a young tree.

Although his height already surpassed that of others, it doesn't matter much.

He feels that his roots have become deeper and something strange runs through his entire body.

In the monotonous scenery and confused memories that seemed to slowly come to life, one only has to wait for a moment of excitement.

Seeing the bunny climb on one of its branches, joy invaded his being.

It was gold in color and looked very pretty.

He seemed somewhat scared and didn't calm down until the wolves passed by but didn't find his scent.

So the bunny decided to live near him.

Creating holes and making the roots avoid the tunnels, climbing higher every day.

Everything was at peace.

As time passed, the surrounding trees increased and a vast forest appeared before his eyes.

The reddish sky was turning blue and the bunny was old but he always liked to climb on his branch.

He seemed pleased to see all that tribe of rabbits around the place where they could live in peace and happiness.

At that moment, feeling how one of the branches had accumulated enough energy, he decided to throw the fruit at it.

It wasn't the first time it had happened and the effect kept surprising him.

A casual rabbit passing by picked it up and took a bite.

His body lit up and his eyes became sharper and more intelligent.

He looked at the fruit in his hand and then at the huge tree and as if he was making a very important decision, he jumped back into his burrow.

But that didn't seem to matter much to him.

His goal is to reach higher and deepen his roots or that was until that voice appeared and all memories of him became clear.

"We must eat the Magic in the center of the planet... Don't forget..."

He just showed up and left, as a last memory.

Remembering the books he once read, a crazy idea popped into his mind.

But in the end he got nothing.

not a single track

As if nothing had ever been written about it... Or time was too old to do so.

Seeing the wolves come by again to steal food and some rabbits, I decided to watch the battle.

Those rabbits used sticks and small stones to chase them away while the wolves snapped at a careless that failed to hide in time or a half-eaten fruit lying on the ground.

should i act?

But if he did, it would be unfair.

Why not also stop the little bird that stole some a few days ago or that butterfly that decided to make its nest in one of them?

The battle ended sadly as the wolves left full.

The rabbits cried in front of the bodies but one only looked at everything with cold eyes and screeched loudly calling attention.

It made faces, screeched, hit the ground many times and seemed to stir something up in the rest of the rabbits.

So over time they left the burrow on the ground and built their homes in the surrounding trees, using fallen branches and leaves.

Setting big traps and waiting for his old enemy.

And I continued imposing myself in the center of the forest observing how everything changed over time.

2