Chapter 34: Those who came out of the earth.
47 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Years passed and I only struggled within myself.

My soul was strange and had different ideas.

One wanted to take care of the planet and be part of it until they were no different.

The other wanted the energy of the planet for himself.

And I resisted between the two keeping a little sanity.

But how much can I keep in this state?

is it really right to continue like this?

Sometimes I would like to return to my previous boring life, observing planets, seeing animals being born and evolving.... NO!

THIS IS NOT ME!

am I... disappearing?

In the midst of my delusions, many years passed.

Rabbits had changed long ago and some animals underwent the same changes.

His body was humanoid, his fur sparse, his appearance changed a lot due to the loss of his old habits.

But they all had something in common... They used my resources.

While that was happening on earth, I observed something more terrifying.

When my height exceeded the planet and I saw those huge eyes in the distance, I felt fear and some guilt.

But there was only pity in them.

And as if it were a punishment I got closer and closer to them.

But all that ceased to matter to me when I felt the threat in a huge and terrifying way in the land that I ignored.

Searching for a long time I found death in many places to start and when I changed my body only for it to die I saw a horrible being made only of bones lead his army all over the place.

Everything he touched died and his path was very familiar.

They are not coming to my forest?

Panic invaded my being and I alerted all beings to protect me.

Some came, others refused and even watched curiously.

The corpses got up and followed him, my soul in conflict began to split and I didn't know what to do.

Then I felt my roots separate from the core of the earth and my body began to shrink.

A part had fled.

It took a lot of power and felt very familiar.

But that was not the worst.

I felt my soul break again and this fraction wanted me to join for its purpose.

no matter how much I resisted.

even if he begged or explained.

I began to take everything by force.

My trunk became thinner, my branches stretched to the sides, my leaves wrapped straight and I felt like dying.

When everything was desperate I decided to leave most of it and escape.

Even if there is only a small part left... I will be able to put myself back together and escape from this horrible world.

Then I saw a great light enveloping the old tree and a horrible being made of bones walking among the corpses of the race that I had observed since birth.

His finger lightly touched my trunk.

Wood rotted, branches snapped, leaves withered.

And I went back into the dark.

2