Chapter 34.5: Rabbit.
47 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walk in the rain ignoring the hurtful eyes of people on the road.

I adjusted my hood well and hid my long ears that confirmed my origin.

A demihuman.

After a long time I arrived at school and smiled with a bit of irony.

Wealthy nobles arrived in carriages.

The children of important personalities were protected by the escort.

And the common people who were able to enter due to their clever mind came on foot.

But the moment I appeared, they dropped their contempt and all looked at me with the same mocking eyes.

But I know that not everyone is the same as them.

"Hello William ~ let's go to class."

"Wait a- a moment Lady Jannet, don't run so fast!"

Before the jealous and somewhat annoyed eyes I let myself be dragged by the sweet and somewhat silly girl to the beautiful classroom.

I never knew how I got here.

Was it my strength or my intelligence?

None of that, it was all the grace and good will of the Duke.

So I was able to grow up among the servants and train myself enough to be a qualified successor.

Although that's silly and I have a real job.

The right hand of the future heir.

My loyalty to the duke and his entire family is proven.

"Sit down, today's class is about the mysterious sword of the hero..."

The professor is a highly respected former elf.

His stories are interesting and his travels to unknown places allowed the Kingdom to find great treasures.

The story was about an ancient document in an unknown language.

In the drawings, a huge tree was observed that reached the clouds in the sky.

According to them, he was the creator of life and the being that was the world itself.

And the story was familiar to me.

"...Although it is said to be an ancient fable, many similar documents from these ancient races mention a large tree from time to time.

Even in fairy tales they also mention their origin there..."

"...the world tree"

Although I whispered, I saw the teacher looking at me in an interesting way and I got flustered.

"Exactly mate William, The World Tree... Do you know anything about it?"

Memories hidden deep within seemed to awaken upon seeing the old man's violet eyes.

I remembered my dear mother in her old home.

I remembered how we escaped from the slave traders.

Remember the stories of the grandfather.

In that state she remembered the document that passed in her tribe from generation to generation and a somewhat hoarse voice came out of her weak body.

"The great tree shrank until it was held by one of us, there, bearing the will of the world we rose.

All the living unite, our army against those who never sleep.

But only the one who used the sword formed from his body could eliminate them forever."

When the teacher reacted, he looked at me in amazement.

I was somewhat embarrassed, all the memory of the text came back to me.

"I'm sorry for that boy, it was a memory spell, magic that works for an old man like me... But now you've given us a wonderful idea, do you know where that document is?"

"No... It was stolen in the attack"

The teacher expressed some disappointment but at one point he returned to his previous expression and continued with the class.

On leaving he was somewhat disturbed and stressed.

It is real? Why did grandpa have that?

"...What are you thinking, William?"

"No, it's just... I think I'll go get that document"

Seeing Lady Jannet's curious look, I spoke what was on my heart.

"That's great! I think I'll look for some cute animal in your absence Fufu"

"Don't... don't say that, Mrs. Jannet!"

I ran away embarrassed as she laughed that afternoon.

1